It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Going To Die. Beg to Differ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by paranoiaFTW

I'd actually prefer to not exist.

Burn in eternity, or not exist, i'd go for not exist.

God is a bipolar and self objective almost person.

He is in no way just, or in no way godly.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I have to agree with Geladinhu here. What are the benefits to your belief system? What can it give me?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TurkeyBurgers
I have to agree with Geladinhu here. What are the benefits to your belief system? What can it give me?

Reasoning.

It doesn't guarentee you anything that cannot be proven. It deals with logic and reasoning.

That's why atheism will fall after this pinnacle, and we will all start dancing for rain again.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
we will all start dancing for rain again.

Sounds like fun!
I'm excited already!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
To the OP: You can no more prove that death = dissolution than I can prove that death = either Heaven or Hell. Judging by resent research into quantum theory, I'd say that we, we being the people that believe in something "higher" actually have the upper hand at this point. Particle or wave? All decided by the observer. Well, if the "observers" believe that there is something after death, then my good friend, there WILL be. Now were all of us snuffed out by say, a nova of Sol, you may indeed be right, but as for now? Not so much.....

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
"You don't get anything worth getting by pretending to know things you don't know." -Sam Harris

Go from about 2:20 into this video until 5:05 (the end). It is only like 3 Minutes but it is a really good 3 minutes. You have Turkeys seal of approval for this video. Plus I just learned to Embed lol.

I really like Sam Harris. He is so calm. He speaks very well and he is very patient.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
So basically, your "calm" friend here relates how he DOESN'T know a damned thing about what he's talking about, and yet....he talks.....and talks....and talks. This is from his words, BTW, not mine. I've lost WAY more good relations in my life than I care to think about but I grieved for every one of them. That doesn't mean that they didn't go to a higher reward but that they are no longer able to be a part of MY life. That's why I grieve. Selfish? Maybe, but trust me, I'm not grieving because they no longer exist.......

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Why the heck would you grieve for someone if you believe that this (if we are LUCKY) 100 year existence on this planet means jack or crap squat in the long run except a test area to go into heaven? ? What are you grieving?

You believe that you will hang out with them in a magical place with no pain or negative feelings chilling with everyone from history AND hanging with Jesus AND God for the next 100000000000000 Years and then continue on for infinity.

WHAT COULD YOU POSSIBLY GRIEVE ABOUT?

I am mystified by believers in an afterlife or an extension of existence through a "soul" who "Grieve" about Death.

The ONLY ones who should be allowed to grieve are Hardcore Atheist Atheists.

Everyone else grab a hankie and dry up those tears.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Look at the beauty of nature, the marvel of animals and everything on earth and in the universe. I find it hard to believe that it is all for nothing. You don't have to be religious to recognize that life is profound, that there must be a higher power and a purpose for our being. I am not religious.

Yes, we are born and ultimately we die, but you are more than just a physical body. Death is not the end of your true essence. If there are such amazing wonders in life, in the universe and all that it contains, imagine what might be next. I prefer to embrace what may lie ahead, perhaps a new and better existance.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I will pray for you!!

-just kidding. Yup just ask yourself where you were for billions of years before you were born, then you have the answer of where you will be after you die. Oblivion.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I said quite literally why I grieve for them. In reality, I'm grieving for MYSELF, as most do. I am neither God, nor Angel nor anything other than Human, so whilst I am here, I can only approach events as who I AM. And I grieve. NOT for them, but for myself extent in the LACK of their company. Infinity is exactly that, infinite, but my corporeal persona here on good old Earth is NOT. You either get it or you don't, and my pity is with you since you don't.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
The ego dissolves, the soul either becomes one with the light of life or God, who is the consciousness which gives rise to all existence and sustains it, or, after a short while, it enters what the Tibetans call the "Bardo" and makes it way back for it's next round, after a review and some consultation with beings of light.

Sounds crazy, but that is what happens.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The biggest problem that we as humans have is that we restrict everything to

Space and Time!

If you remove time and space from the equation it makes sense.

If you take energy for example... it always been there, it

cannot be destroyed or created!

We are energy... the heart of the universe... that is why we are all connected... that is why we have always been and will be forever...

If energy is God then we are most certainly created in his image??

S & F

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Well it is one thing that we ALL have in common. We ALL Die. The great equalizer. You can choose to believe in a soul or spirit or afterlife or you can choose to believe in reincarnation or you can choose to believe in a Hell where you could possibly go to be tortured for eternity or you could believe in nothingness.

I like to base my choice not on my WANTS or DESIRES, because lets face it if I picked a belief based on what I WANTED to happen my belief would trump any or your beliefs.

If I chose a belief based on WANTS I would have

ABSOLUTELY NO LIMITS!

When you die ANYTHING you want to happen happens. You can come back to life. You can reincarnate and remember ALL of your past life. You can reincarnate and forget your past life. You can BE GOD. You can Time Travel and live a life as someone throughout history. You can Create your Own Planet, You can create you own Universe. You can be multiple people at once if you choose through reincarnation or time travel. You have no limits in my CHOICE. And TRUST me if I sold my choice it would put all of yours out of business.

"Mommy Grandma Died!"

"It's ok Hunny Grandma just reincarnated as a God and created her Own Universe. She calls it the Playground Universe and it is a giant ball pit and foam pit that is made of giant slides and swings. She said you can go play with her when you die. Oh and she just invented the Playstation 9".

Where is your God NOW?

Pwned that's where. Because my belief is 5,000 times cooler than what you believe. That is unless you too believe in TurkeyBurgerism too.

Enjoy your puny God and his "Judgement"

Convert to TurkeyBurgerism and you too get to be your own God!

Come on. It just gets ridiculous. No one can prove anything about what happens when we Die other than the fact that we Die and Rot so ANYTHING that anyone could possibly make up could be true because no one can prove them wrong. It is silly. I guess it shows how adults really do have a good imagination.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There are a lot of reports of people who've been there and then lived again to tell the story about what goes on after "death" and it's the consistency in those accounts which lends them credence.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

There are a lot of reports of people seeing Elvis Presley but I would NEVER begin to argue that the consistency in those accounts lends them credence.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by contemplator

You simply do not understand that all is one, and that consciousness is primary. You, we, were always at part of it all at the most fundamental level, and there is nothing, that it not.

It's not a materialist monist Newtonian universe, no, it's a non-local holographic, consciousness generated matrix, and a whole needs all of its parts to BE a whole. There is nothing missing.

Read up on the parallels between modern science and Eastern mysticism, and then you just might begin to get the picture.

It's not wishful thinking - just a committment and dedication to reality at it really and truly is.

The atheists and materialist monists are in denial, and that denial could very well follow them right into death itself, which would be tragic.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

That is a very very lame response to what has been voluminously documented, and the parallels and the consistency, without prior awareness of the accounts made by others, is absolutely astounding.

Do some research before assuming based on an already outmoded materilist atheist view of reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
To paraphrase STEWY from Family Guy, You die because you grow up thinking you are going to die, you expect it, and it happens.

-Stewy G.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I think it is "very very lame" to base your belief system on a few accounts that are word of mouth without any testable evidence to back them up with.

I guess some people consider word of mouth enough to convince them of fact.

So you DENY that Elvis is alive currently?

Elvis sightings have been "voluminously documented".

Do some research before assuming based on an already outmoded materialist Non Elvis view of reality.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join