It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
So, what he describes isn't a cataclysm, its satellites failing. So for the record, your topic is way off. Thats facts. my opinion is "make a 2012 thread get 100 stars" syndrome is here.

Also, your thread implies that past civilizations would know we would have satellites in space. In order for the things you mentioned to be tied together, that would be a necessary component.

I agree. There was really a lot being assumed here, and a lot we had to try to tie together.

Mayans, etc. My personal belief is that the Mayans were really good at math, etc. cosmology. But they weren't prophets.

Why do we all immediately bow down to prophets with predictions? None have come true. Edgar Casey might have been a real "seer", but even he was wrong about some things.

I wish more people would just say, hey, we control our destiny, not prophets. Instead of being afraid of all of these dire predictions, what if people ignored all of that and instead tried to really make things better, helping our fellow man and creatures on the earth.

Most of us have a hard time wrapping our heads around the fact that we're going to die someday, so other people use the fear of imminent death to scare us and sell us on to something.

Think about all the things that could have gone wrong over time, things that could have easily have wiped us off the maps. It's a miracle we're still all here.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Hell, yeah, Discovery is a credible source, just like Wikipedia.

Our shadow government knows very well about this and does everything to convince you to go to wrong side when the time is right.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by light_sound

You forgot to mention human sacrifice in honor of their gods, Maya. Rampaging through North Africa and Southern Europe in Jihad, Near East. In fighting, dynasty wars and general "tomfoolery", Far East.

Or more precisely no one culture is better than another..it's civilizations ebb and flow.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
fox presenters are so fake,smile thru their teeth.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

The Maya and the Hopi are the same people. The Hopi were once Maya who according to both of them was decided a long time ago that a group of them would leave Guatemala and move north. That's what both the Hopi, and the Maya say.

BTW, the Maya don't say the end of the cycle is exactly on 2012. According to them the blue star appeared around October 26th of 2007, which was comet Holmes when it became larger than Jupiter when it's halo expanded and became so brilliant that it could be seen with the naked eye.

According to some of their prophecies that was the sign that we have entered the final stage of this cycle, and from that date and until 2015 could be the time when there would be a pole shift, and before that happens a magnetic shift.

They also say that during these 7 years disasters will increase in occurrence.

According to Drunvalo Melchizedek they also state that during the poleshift there will be 30 hours of darkness, and for people not to panic.

They claim that they have gone through poleshifts twice in the distant past. Well their ancestors did and the knowledge was passed down through generations.

Some of the claims they make is that the magnetic field of Earth will dissapear completely for a time, but if that is true then it means the death of most, if not all life on Earth.

There is also supposed to be another sign, the appearance of a red star, but they don't want to release the details of that part of the prophecy. At least not yet.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

It turns out that God has been here all along.
2012 will be kind of anticlimactic until December 21, 2012.
There must be a major change here on Earth.
Mainly, population control.
God told us to go forth be fruitful and multiply.
The numbers are becoming unmanageable in China and India.
God will give us some more "words of wisdom".
"Limited Resources" "Use your power of free will wisely."
Have 2 children and no more.
Oh, and by the way.....the aliens are here on Earth.
They Grays will help you evolve and travel to other worlds.
I would have told you sooner but you were not ready.
Peace be with you."
The messenger will be the Lord Jesus Christ.
We may receive a Part 3 of the bible.
Part 1 : Old Testament
Part 2 : New Testament
Part 3 : Grand Design

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Eurisko2012]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

2012 Is supposed to be the last step for the evoloutionary cycle, that is if one is basing the asumption on the date '2012' off the Mayan Calender.

This last step basically insists that time itself stops literally meaning Kharma is unexistent, or happens so fast it is a singular action (Already is a singular action, but with the time as an illusion). This would interpret a conciousness of 'co-creation' or such a high dimensional existance of being that people would literally see all infinite possibilities in all infinite multi-verses (This is an assumption based on 'string theory' of the 1-10, theoretically 11, dimensions).

The step we are in now started in 1999 the "Galactic Stage", time seems to be going 'faster', an illusion which illusive qualities seem to diminish rapidly folding on top of itself in velocity.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Psychonaughty]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Haunebu

Yes wikipedia is a good source. Everything is sourced at the bottom of each page. If you dont think so, give an example where they have posted one sided material without sources...ill be waiting, but not holding my breathe...

And yes so is Discovery. They have done shows on both sides about the debate. They have broadcasted more shows about the Mayan prophecies than other more well deserving subjects.

But it just so happens they tested the theory that the earth will align with the galactic equator and like I said in my first post their conclusion is that its not gunna happen.

Feel free to believe all your reliable youtube videos (
). And Ill stick with well known and renouned scientists.

Hey, dont forget to sell all your belongings and move to the booonies before december 2012. Ill be happy to take all your valuables off your hands and take over your checking account...

[edit on 1-8-2009 by open_eyeballs]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking. As for the OP, you are incorrect, none of the people you listed said a thing about 2012, but nice try.

Also: There is nothing "statistical" that says "anything" about Yellowstone. Do a little research before you post.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Zenagain]

Whew...I can sleep better now. Zenagain has it all figured out. So people, don't be alarmed...nothing to see here. And to think, all of that scientific research by a known professional can finally be put to rest because Zenagain has spoken.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've known about this for a few months, but I'm a HUGE nerd and subscribe to a lot of stuff. Science Daily.com got a hold of this story a while ago...It's interesting that they are now alarmed about it, as the initial reaction to the data was, indeed, a bit too conservative.

It is nice to see it being talked about on the MSM.

PERSONALLY!

Part of me says bring it, as it would be nice to take a break from the grid for a while. But the other part of me knows people are bat# crazy and will, at least for the first year or two, completely lose it.

I will be at an undisclosed location, enjoying the fruits of nature. I don't intend to be one of these crazy people. I welcome a mass break from the grid. In the end, the thinkers will take the lead.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Question: How do we lose ALL power and electricity just because the satellites go out? I thought satelites only affected communicaton systems?

If that's the case, then it was really REALLY stupid for our govt to make a law requiring digital tv by June 12, 2009. Which I thought was a really stupid waste of tax-payers $$ in the first place.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
2012..Hmm? Well... as most people I laughed it off as only another possible y2k ... scare... Well.. few days ago just thought about suffen the web some and.. came across the Brown Dwarf debate... Saw a post by person callen self Anon.. and that a Brown dwarf is headed toward the Sun and to hit in August 22 09..... Well i got curious .. But couldn't find anything to back that up.. but what I did find scared me.. sumerians wrote of Nibiru... Mayan ... the Red star and the 7 mountains.. The Kolbrin Bibleis the Rosetta Stone of Planet X!" . These prescient accounts of the Egyptian and Celtic authors clearly describe a brown dwarf.
Well is it really out there....Where is the evidence.. By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot
enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much
cold water as I can."
...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief
scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory
for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.
The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford

JPEG Images courtesy of John DiNardo: Page 1, Page 2

Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.

Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there.

The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

NASA Press Release 1992

"Unexplained deviations in the orbits of Uranus and Neptune point to a large outer solar system body of 4 to 8 Earth masses, on a highly tilted orbit, beyond 7 billion miles from the sun."

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I hope we reach Dec 22ns 2012 - Will be pretty miffed if we don't!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Typical for fox news ..I guess it's in their nature to make a joke out of everything and hope that peolpe trust their little brains more than trust scientists.. I mean of course scientist make mistakes , I don t deny that and Kaku himself says it but man!... this presentor is an idiot...
I tend to believe Kaku ,what he's saying it makes sense to me...Don't really know what to think about this 2012 thing... However I don t think is going to be the end of the world as some say, but i do think we enter a new cycle and not only a solar one but a new spiritual ( consciousness.) one as well.

In the mean time Fox News sucks ..

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Well the Rich like Bill Gates .. seems to believe there is something to worry about when it comes to.. his building of the DoomsDay Seed Vault out side of England on some small Island......
...Not only that... The years after the First posts of this object in space Planet X.... Scientist and Nasa alike .. shut there mouths...on the subject.... No posted prejectory of the Dwarf ..yet soon after.. many scientist try to make names for themselves with new theory of our Solar System... with Planet X involve into there equations ..Example the.. Creation of Our Moon.... linking to the Nibiru .. sumerian's Vulcan .. which a planet of the Dwarf star orbitig moon smashed into past Earth creating the Earth we are on now.. Yet our earth was cut inhalf in the Collision ..Xena .. past pluto is said to be possibly remneants of that moon... but If this Dwarf Star is comeing .. reports on the net say it will be as close as Mars in june 2012 .. and will be south of the sun .. moving toward north as it finishes its orbit in December 21 2012 .. to then again continue it[s roughly 4900 year orbit around the sun... which reaches as far out as 49 billion miles out the Dwarf star it is said .. if it was in same place as our sun its gravational force could reach as far as Mars or Jupiter.. and when it is as close as Mars or possibly In 2011 we will see it and know it is there for we may see the Revelations depicted in the Bible.. for the sun will shoot out increased solar flares.. and our poles may shift .. even our axis may tilt .. te land surface could rise as much as 1000ft more above sea level let alone the continents could move more that 100s of feet.. to the point the map of the earth would have to be updated yet alone possible new mountains could form even some may dissapear.. the dwarf is said to carry large amounts of Methain gas which will cause the sky to turn red if the gas reachs our atmoshere the gas can cause people to go mad... the eath temperature could rise estimated more than 36 degrees the moon will be red.. if we get to see it at all.. for estimated 11 months of darkness from all the debri from the volcanic activity on earth..but the increase radiation and Gama rays will kill lots of people hopefully your a lucky one and your underground at the time but with the earthquakes u still have to pray you make it aswell ..end of the world .. most likely not but for the 7 months it effects the earth even after it is gone life will have to readjust probably a year after .. but if your look to revelations more like 7years .. even though life shall continue...yet Generation X will be in the history books .. and the bible will have its time to shine. Generation X is us .. the lucky ones whom get to witness the event.. thankfully a golden ages is to come .. I just hope we are the lucky ones to make it that far.. then again the lucky ones maybe the ones who die suddenly... for pain and suffering is to come...... it will be an event to remeber..

[edit on 1-8-2009 by Vonour]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
...I don't want it to be true .. and I hope it isn't .. but for such an event there are way to many signs of its past ...effect on the earth... I hope it is not true .. cause if it is .. we only have little more than 2 years ...and then .. we will all.. say ... "COME and SEE"

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pudgeego

Check out the movie on DVD "knowing" if you have not already....

Steve

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Feel free to believe all your reliable youtube videos ( ). And Ill stick with well known and renouned scientists.

Right. So remember to discredit YOUR favorite scientist when someone makes a you tube post of them.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
An unnerving thought occured to me... In December of 2012 the sun will be between us (earth) and the galactic core. Assuming the galactic core is somewhat bright (in radiation terms) and that our sun's gravitational lens effect may focus (gravitational lens) some of this radiation... could the earth become "The ant under the magnifiying glass" ???

Steve

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking.

To an extent I agree. I think something will happen. I just don't think that it will be anything that is automatically perceptible. As far as the doom and gloom scenarios, I don't find them attractive at all.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join