It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

It's just amazing how so many people THINK they know what the Mayans were thinking thousands of years ago!!

Just think about it for a moment Gorehound......why on earth did they pick that date??? Why would they pick a day thousands of years in the future.....why did they not end it at the end of the year in their time or even end of the decade or even end of their millennium?

There is significance to this date and it is very possible it signals something of a grand scale.
Ok, now some of the Mayan priests are saying it is just an end of a calendar [this is why some question the date & writings]........but how do they know this!!! Ask any priest of any belief system in the current time and they cannot definitively give you answers of the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, Allah, Nanak...etc etc etc......only an outline of their belief and their translation of it.

Another point to remember, especially to the so called Scientific community; what the Mayans, Egyptians, ancient eastern beliefs and untold others knew of the Cosmos is only now being realised by our present day scientist................
Did any of these scientist predict what happened to Jupiter a few days ago and is Still happening......they cannot even definitively say it was a meteor strike or what.
So don't put all your 'eggs in one basket', there are many things out there that have yet to be explained.....and many others besides the Mayans point to the period of 2012 and it now appears Science is joining in.

What is sad is the fact the people of New Orleans and those of South East Asia did not think a killer Hurricane Or a Tsunami would ever impact their lives in their LIFETIME................

Peace

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Michio Kaku is an elitist fearmonger and disinformation agent.

You can tell by the subtle signs he puts out, like the black clothes, the new agey stuff mixed in with classic dogma. I have a bad feeling about him and don't trust him one little bit. I would not be surprised to learn he was in some sort of group which is the scientific equivalent of skull and bones...

Not that Yellowstone can't go up of course, but my guess is it's more fearmongering for population control.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm getting to a point where I'm willing to bet my left testicle that we'll still be around in 2013 wondering what the next doom and gloom prediction will be.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
First, I believe very little if anything I hear or watch on TV.

Secondly, Rick the talking head guy immediately mentions "Global Warming", which any well informed person knows is the biggest scam ever brought forth on earth. This made me sick.

Thirdly, if this happens every 11 years, then why did we NOT hear about it 8 years ago? Shouldn't it have destroyed the satellites, communications etc, like the good Scientist said it would do in 2012? I don't remember that happening, do you?

I am not saying nothing will happen in 2012, I believe something major will, assuming we all live that long.

I don't know what to think of this theory.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShaman
I'm getting to a point where I'm willing to bet my left testicle that we'll still be around in 2013 wondering what the next doom and gloom prediction will be.

I'd bet mine as well, if I had one.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by light_sound

You're right. Let's be gullible to doomsday predictions. I'll hop on the train as well and feel like an idiot afterwards.

By the way - Jupiter got hit by a comet.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It sounds like satellite disruption. Nothing to worry about. Michio Kaku is a honest and rational scientist. He is only warning about 'a possible' threat to 'our satellite systems'. Normal life will still go forward.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Nostradamus did not predict that anything would happen in 2012, that's a mistake. Not to mention, trying to link hard science and prophecy in the same subject is laughable.

If the Mayan calendar had not "ended" in 2012, this would be a non-subject. What exactly DOES their calendar ending mean? Well, nothing at all actually. It's just the end of a age. If their civilization was still strong and in place, they would have celebrated by erecting some monuments, and the next age would have begun.

The biggest thing 2012 is, is a cash cow for those who can take advantage of the gullible and easily-convinced. Stitchen has already realized how easy it is to make money off of flimsy research, and nebulous theories based on guesswork. More will cash in on that for 2012. Heck, a major motion picture company already sees the truth of that, and are milking it for all it's worth.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

If you are going to live your life in fear over things you can not control; what's the point?

The end could come at any time or not for millions of years. Nobody knows and those who claim to know are legion and have been all along. Every generation has had it doom and gloom scenario and those running around in a panic about it.

If you knew for a fact and event on the sun would destroy the earth on a specific day, what would you do about it? Enjoy the rest of your life, or run around in a paranoid panic screaming?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

If you are going to live your life in fear over things you can not control; what's the point?

The end could come at any time or not for millions of years. Nobody knows and those who claim to know are legion and have been all along. Every generation has had it doom and gloom scenario and those running around in a panic about it.

If you knew for a fact and event on the sun would destroy the earth on a specific day, what would you do about it? Enjoy the rest of your life, or run around in a paranoid panic screaming?

If we are going to die tomorrow, I have plans on having 24 hours of sex and beer.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I think people are seriously mistaken when they say that 2012 is just another y2k. The Myan's, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey, and now Scientist are saying that 2012, they'll will be some type of event to change human civilization.

Yeah it is another y2k
here!
Edgar Casey predicted an end in 1998, nostradamus in 1999, hopi in 1987. So yeah it is just another 2012 and when it comes and goes there will be a new date probably something like 2038 and it will be said that all these preditcions were made about it. Is it just me or are all the people (like nostra damus and Casey) that "predicted" 2012 also predicted Y2k when it was all the rage?
Is there anyway to find old y2k threads to put up to back up my point?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

There's reporting and then there's leaving a string of bread crumbs towards what you want the reader to believe. By stating that the NYPD were buying typewriters because of the "impending" 2012 crisis, that pretty much was the string of bread crumbs. I'm all for people giving their opinion but at least say that before feeding the minds that are looking for evidence that the NYPD know a crisis is coming.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There is plenty of history to backup the possible serious side effects of sun spot activity. just do a google on the subject. There are numerous records of "real" damage caused by the sun spot flares. Everything from disruption of communications, to bringing down an electrical grid. In the late 1800's, the solar flares actually melted the telegraph lines in some parts of the country. If that strong of a flare would happen today, it would be, "welcome back to the 1800's"
On another note, I have heard that older cars with no solid state components would still run after a big solar flare. Mostly cars before1968 or so?? Someone correct me here. Also, and old tube AM radio would also not be effected, just solid state electronics, which is virtually everything.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

I think people are seriously mistaken when they say that 2012 is just another y2k. The Myan's, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey, and now Scientist are saying that 2012, they'll will be some type of event to change human civilization.

Yeah it is another y2k
here!
Edgar Casey predicted an end in 1998, nostradamus in 1999, hopi in 1987. So yeah it is just another 2012 and when it comes and goes there will be a new date probably something like 2038 and it will be said that all these preditcions were made about it. Is it just me or are all the people (like nostra damus and Casey) that "predicted" 2012 also predicted Y2k when it was all the rage?
Is there anyway to find old y2k threads to put up to back up my point?

Here is a list of "sure fire Y2K issues".....

Y2K and why we are all going to die

**edited to fix url link

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Roadblockx]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   

It happens every 11 years he says and yet here we are, after many passages of 11 years. Seriously this 2012 stuff is getting out of hand. What are you going to do if nothing happens? Will you get off of your high horse and apologise for being completely and utterly wrong? Or will you carry on saying you were right but you just got the time wrong like all doomsayers?

Yes we had fewer satellites 11 years ago, but it will not cause the end of the world! I wonder how many people here know that the military and the financial systems have their own, underground, undersea lines and cables? Seriously guys there is a whole other internet that half of people don't know about. It's not a massive secret that is classified either. It is well known and admitted. Hardened, shielded lines are crossing the globe, they cannot be interrupted by solar activity.

So seriously whilst some satellites dying may cause some trouble it will not cause the end of the world, the end of the species or a Mad Max scenario. Oh and i speak as someone who has a full bug out kit in case of emergencies so i'm not a "bury my head in the sand" kind of guy.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Oh not this 2012 thing again!

Ok, I will play along.

The world gets destroyed in 2012 yada yada yada. etc etc.

Happy?

Ok, now back to reality that will not get destroyed by 2012.

Mr. Michio Kaku probably proved one thing.

Not that at least one catastrophic event will happen in 2012, BUT, that the kind of technology we use, the kind of solutions we produce for our everyday problems, WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS for us in the next decades IF our physical environment decides that it will not play along like it used to.

So people should please (with sugar on top) Un-focus from the doom saying of 2012 and focus on what kind of technology and solutions. and especially what type of society, can we have ready JUST IN CASE we have to live in a slightly different environment that we used to.

All that talk about the 2012 and all the doom and gloom is really bad because we people are getting accustomed more and more with having a short attention span in things that really matter in our everyday lives, the doom saying about 2012 and similar things will only make people to have even a shorter attention span than it is required for a civilization to survive in a collective level.
We should start taking things seriously. Not because of 2012 but because our technological and societal shortsightedness might put us in trouble in a few decades, because the solutions they produce might be irrelevant in a changing environment.

Of course the PTB can't tell you what they think that will happen, for it to make sense they would probably have to also tell you that our current technological and supposed societal progress (specifically that kind of "progress" they try to shove down your throat and convince you from every possible angle that it is good for you) will be irrelevant to the kinds of problems we might be facing in the future. (Really). That means they would ALSO have to tell you that THEY (the PTB, along with their plans for the World and YOU) might become also irrelevant.

We don't want that now, do we?

Instead they create the vague scare they termed "2012" and keep brainwashing people about it. When the brainwashing is in satisfactory levels, they can proceed from there. Obviously THEY DON'T HAVE A PLAN! Hence the 2012 rubbish, from everywhere you look and everywhere you go!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Relating to some of the questions being asked about protecting electronics during these solar flares, the only way I have heard to protect your electronics is with a Faraday cage. Go look it up. It's basically a grounding cage that prevents the rays from getting to your equipment, and sends it harmlessly into the ground.

Second, I have read in many different news stories that the military is totally aware of the problem, and has built up many redundant communications systems, protected from the solar flares. They are ready, but 99.9% of joe sixpack doesn't have a clue.
The situation is for real, and the complications can be catastrophic.

On the subject of Yellowstone, no one knows when it will go, but scientists are getting better at predicting eruptions. But there is no denying something is going on , more than normal, and the fact that the earth has bulged more recently has scientists getting a little nervous. Mother nature does give indications that something out of the ordinary is going on, and scientists are listening. perhaps the time is getting near for an eruption. If it happens in our lifetime, it will most certainly change things for the rest of our lives.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
And yet another fear mongering Fox Celebreity News network related post brought to you by another paranoid right wing fool. I only watch fox news when I want to know if Britney Spears is wearing Panties. Have a screwed up day paranoids and for gods sake watch out the sky is falling.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The people harping on this 2012 thing are all trying to either get publicity, ratings, or money.

I can't wait to wake up on the morning of 2013 and see what everyone thinks will be the next dooms day.

We humans have been doing this since forever. I believe a dooms day is very possible and probably likely at some point, but no one has ever predicted such an event. When it does come, no one will have known.

Even Edgar Casey was wrong about some things.

People have been brainwashed into thinking something catastrophic will happen on 2012, due to misunderstood Mayan calender.

Did the Mayan's predict their own demise? ANSWER: No, they didn't.

Lets not base our beliefs on a society who in my opinion were extremely violent/brutal and hateful. Sure they were good at math and geometry, and cosmology. But they were also brutal/murdering savages who thought the sun was a god.

In short, they didn't know # about the future!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
reply to post by light_sound

You're right. Let's be gullible to doomsday predictions. I'll hop on the train as well and feel like an idiot afterwards.

By the way - Jupiter got hit by a comet.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

Where did i say Doomsday??? To refresh your memory.....A event on a 'Grand Scale', possibly.

Also who says you need to be sombre about this and why do you all, who feel it is BS, think it is Doomsday. The majority of the believers feel it is a life changing event/scenario which will take place and Not of the Doomsday nature Sceptics keep portraying it as.
I am happy, enjoying life, having a good laugh when i can and if this messed up world gets a 'wake up call', all the better

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join