It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There is a possibility that the world will end in 2029 or 2036. No thanks to Apophis (link here: en.wikipedia.org...). That's our best bet for a naturally-occurring end-of-the-world scenario.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GenesisNemesis]

[edit on 11-8-2009 by GenesisNemesis]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by PjZ101

Well people i do hope all of you have retreated to a cabin in the mountains with a lot of food and a loaded gun before the 21 of december 2012.Make sure you go early as there proberly be a traffic jam of people trying to get out of town too.You will need plenty of survival gear and take many people with you .You will need a good radio to keep up with the local news and always remember to take vegtiable seeds with you.You might have to survive on carrots and potatos for a couple of years.Stock up on ammunition and medical supplys.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Ask Kaku to explain what causes sunspots.

He doesn't know.

And neither do any of the other mainstream scientists.

Sunspots are the deepest place we can see into the surface of the sun.

They are essentially holes into the interior of the sun.

They are also the COLDEST place on the sun.

Now, if the sun is a gigantic nuclear furnace, you'd expect sunspots to be the hottest, since it is the closest to the core of the sun.

The surface of the sun itself is around 6000K, while the corona high above the surface of the sun, is around 2 million K. Again, this makes absolutely no sense if the sun is radiating heat from its core.

Given these facts, it is apparent that any prediction about 2012 dealing with the sun or the earth's magnetic field from this guy is a complete joke.

The theories proposed to account for sunspots are a joke, the theory of the sun is a joke, as is everything else they claim to have figured out.

While what he says is true that a massive burst of energy from the sun could wipe out communications, any attempt to predict such an event is hogwash.

Plasma cosmology has the answers.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The whole 2012 thing is going to end up being a good day for the stock market... i can wait till all the gullible people of there world invest in canned foods. The only thing i am marking on dec 2012 is purchasing Campbell soup stock.

It is just another Y2k scam. Societal people are very predictable when motivated with a little fear.

In addition, i thought sunspots were cooler because of the effects of magnetism. the magnetic field is like a force field thatt shields the particles within it from the reactive particles outside of it.

The absense of energy from these reactions causes the area to cool.

[edit on 11-8-2009 by CosmicYahtzee]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Its not just the end of the Mayan callendar that makes it so interesting. It's the beginning which gives a sense of mystery to the whole thing. When does the mayan callendar start? Not when did they make it, or when did they exist, but what is the start date of the callendar? I'll give you a clue - In the beginning there was nothing, then on the first day there were day and night, then there became the heavens and the earth... (sound like we've heard this somewhere before?) It appears to start at the dawn of creation and comes to a screaming halt in 2012. I don't know what it all means, but to look at the callendar in its entirity, taking into account when it starts from. well it is interesting to say the least.

This is an interesting site for any of you interested in the Mayan Callendar
www.mayanmajix.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well actually 12-21-2012 is the halfway point of the change, it is a 7 year timeline starting in July of 2009 ending in 2016.

So the changes have already begun, what that is i am not totally sure of at this point most likely bad for some good for others.

David Flynn among others does a good job of providing some basis of proof/evidence.

posted on Aug, 12 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
The change of you to become your higher self.

That is the change. Humanity has faced this change before. The change is not going to benifet a few, But all

All you need to start doing, is be aware of you and start answering you.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the fact that this was fox news, it made me think that they would sho sho what kaku says.

Like lots of others on this thread have stated, I too have been inspired to look into things like string theory because of kaku. He truly is a brilliant mind, and truly seems to be 'uncorrupted.'

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking.

How do you KNOW that?
I am sure if a "psychic" made a prediction you would go for his jugular.
But you are a flatly making a prediction yourself.

posted on Aug, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I remember in college (1999 - 2001) we had lots of problems with cell phones (which admittedly did suck back then) and radio stations. I also remember hearing that it was from the sun - coronas, I think.

Maybe this is the same thing?

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
man, this presenter guy is such an annoying ass. He basically rubbishes Kaku after the interview. Does he realize that Kaku has more cleverness and brain power in his little finger than he does in his whole pathetic body?

Id love Kaku to be right just to **** this guy off.

I agree completely. Fox News commentators' sole function is to ridicule anyone of intelligence speaking on a serious topic. Meanwhile, you have Glenn Beck discussing a secret Eugenics program. Everything is a joke to these people until it happens.

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
All that suspect this is a mistake in the address but ok.All the more programs on TV around the world on this subject with the participation of various experts who confirm all this.80% is confirmed.As it is already quite a long time studying this, I came to that will actually play the whole process is 2011 years (and thus are just said in one show), which agrees Calenar by the Maya starting from 28.2.2011 to the 28.11.2011.when performance universal time (the development of telepathy, telekinesis, etc.), and 2012 will be the only adaptation to 21.12.2012 and the last day of the time such knowing.Or number of collisions the photon, which is constantly increasing and the effect on the increase of awareness of the 22.12.2012 will reach infinite number. I think that explains everything and it will really mark a new beginning in all. This entry in the photon layer and the center of the galaxy and it is scientifically confimed and electricity will not be told what is logical. Earthquake will be solid because it is a safe country adapts and will be larger by 10%.And it is not clear to me as some think to be to pass without any earthquake and storm? Another important thing you can see that many do not understand, story is a lot that is all fact and illusion projected from the matrix of our DNA (which I agree, this is even scientifically confirmed), but as no one understood, knowing that the old 3d matrix from now deleted and only the more money is left holding all but as you can see he's leaving, and many say that the world in 4D is intact (and there are books that will all be deleted except the fact of people and nature) , which is to me quite logically because it is all Holografic projections and then there are definitely people choose (and this may take a few days when the time comes) will be able to go where they decided (what to any means). As we say with a pleiad have a small number of spaceships you can go to your 3D reality, or see what's left of the previous civilizations (not only that of the processed stone as the pyramid, for example, or stounhange, a building on the site are other convoluted metal bars ). So now you see how to "be very gradually." You have great series all the www.biggestsecrets.tk, I think that it is not even one to mention and I'm up all study because all you order is complex and there is no need to ramble (books, video materials, etc.).. It is even described in some books by day will go to a particular about the points and after that how to create a common world (long story for this type), but if someone has answers on how to think it will be so gradual transition shall explain, but supported with material and not "I think" sentences

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I was happy to see this dismissed by the reporter as another y2k, but also amazed it has made its way into the media.

We all know the media is just another form of control, so when they speak about 2012 in disbelief they are unconsciously spreading doubt to the mass population. Whose gonna believe it when the guy inside your magic tube doesn't believe it?

This non-belief is good in the way that "the apocalypse" cant be used against us. If our governments can truly control weather patterns, they can engineer their own apocalypse when the time is right. Less people believing in it would in turn mean less panic when this really does go down, whether it is engineered or the real thing.

Maybe i am wrong and this being on the news is counter-productive. Who knows? Lets wait and see, shall we?

posted on Aug, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well I also see Michio as one of the top theoretical physicists we have in the world today.

The German TV program Galileo Mistery has made a documentary about the solarmaximum.
www.youtube.com...

The next solarmaximum will probably hit scandinavia because of the pols are wandering.

It will not mean the end for the world, but some of the transisters the powerplants can loose in a solarstorm can take years to replace.

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I have given my oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies foreign and DOMESTIC. I intend to fulfill that oath.. 2012.. as most people I laughed it off as only another possible y2k scare...even the planetary alignment scare.. Well.. Sumerians wrote of Nibiru... Mayan ... the Red star and the 7 mountains.. The Kolbrin Bible the Rosetta Stone of Planet X!" . These prescient accounts of the Egyptian and Celtic authors clearly describe a brown dwarf. Well is it really out there....Where is the evidence..

By Thomas O'Toole, Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, December 30, 1983 ; Page A1
Possibly as Large as Jupiter;
Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered
The correct figure is 50 billion miles. It also might be a Jupiter-like star that started out to become a star eons ago but never got hot enough like the sun to become a star. which is so cold it casts no light so close to the sun it would be part of the solar system....there was some speculation that it might be moving toward Earth Cal Tech's Neugebauer said. "I want to douse that idea with as much cold water as I can." ...."All I can tell you is that we don't know what it is," Dr. Gerry Neugebauer, IRAS chief scientist for California's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and director of the Palomar Observatory for the California Institute of Technology, said in an interview.

NASA BAFFLED BY UNEXPLAINED FORCE ACTING ON PROBES\

The New York Times
Sunday, January 30, 1983
Clues Get Warm in the Search for Planet X
John Noble Wilford
Something out there beyond the farthest reaches of the known solar system seems to be tugging at Uranus and Neptune. Some gravitational force keeps perturbing the two giant planets, causing irregularities in their orbits. The force suggests a presence far away and unseen, a large object that may be the long-sought Planet X.
Evidence assembled in recent years has led several groups of astronomers to renew the search for the 10th planet. They are devoting more time to visual observations with the 200-inch telescope at Mount Palomar in California. They are tracking two Pioneer spacecraft, now approaching the orbit of distant Pluto, to see if variations in their trajectories provide clues to the source of the mysterious force. And they are hoping that a satellite-borne telescope launched last week will detect heat “signatures” from the planet, or whatever it is out there. The Infrared Astronomical Satellite was boosted into a 560-mile-high polar orbit Tuesday night from Vandenberg Air Force Base, CA. It represents an $80-million venture by the United States, Britain and the Netherlands. In the next six or seven months, the telescope is expected to conduct a wide-ranging survey of nearly all the sky, detecting sources not of ordinary light, but of infrared radiation, which is invisible to the human eye and largely absorbed by the atmosphere. Scientists thus hope that the new telescope will chart thousands or infrared-emitting objects that have gone undetected – stars, interstellar clouds, asteroids and, with any luck, the object that pulls at Uranus and Neptune.

John P. Bagby has now introduced a new piece to the puzzle of solar-system cyclic behavior. While searching for possible perturbations of the planets due to a tenth major planet or a dark massive solar companion (MSC), he discovered that the perihelia of the outer planets (orbital points closest to the sun) were being disturbed with an average period of 11.2 years. This is almost exactly the sunspot period of about 11 years ( or half the period of solar magnetic field reversals of about 22 years). He suggests two possibilities:
(1) Mutual resonance effects between the planets
(2) The effects of a massive solar companion.
...If this Dwarf Star is coming .. reports on the net say it will be as close as Mars in June 2012 .. and will be south of the sun .. moving toward north as it finishes its orbit in December 21 2012 .. to then again continue it’s roughly 4970 year orbit around the sun... its gravitational force could reach as far as Jupiter.. and when it is as close as Mars or possibly In 2011 we will see it and know it is there. Would make since it being a star would also align with the galactic center of the galaxy. The Chandler wobble is a small motion in the Earth's axis of rotation coincided with the galactic alignment with the galaxy roughly every 26 thousand years. Our Solar System orbit’s the black hole of our galaxy roughly every 26000 years as well ends in 2012. The Dark Plane a line running more or less through the center of the Milky Way Galaxy the Densest Portion of the spiral arm. Our solar system moves through this region periodically over a great time span. This region is heavily packed with stars, especially those that go supernova, Type II. Type I Supernova are observed in all galaxies. But type II are limited to the very "dense or star-packed regions of the arms of the spiral galaxies, such as our Milky Way. Because type II supernovae are so violently explosive, they present a grave and severe threat to every star system close to them. This motion has brought us into one of the most dangerous supernova-producing regions of our entire galaxy." We are now approaching this area. The gravitation field of the Galactic Plane can cause solar-like winds to behave like steering currents on comets and other objects . The Earth has been pounded in the past, The very sparse, hot gas of the Local Bubble is the result of supernovae that exploded within the past two to four million years Thirty-four thousand years ago (34,000), the second part of a supernova explosion, the shock wave portion, hit the earth. The first shock wave comparatively did not disturb the Earth– It was rather unnoticed. Nothing happened, such that the inhabitants of the Earth would have become alarmed. Nothing heavy plummeted to the planet. They may have noticed a large array of ‘shooting' stars coming into the high, rarefied air. This cosmic castoff from the supernova with cosmic substances in the cosmos were pushed onto Earth. Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event was picked up 1992 by Eleusis space craft interstellar origin Micro meteorites coming from outside solar system They were caused by ions and small particles, all heavily laced with near to microscopic iron. Signs of evidence inside ice sheets over 35 thousand to 72 thousand years old Zodiacal belt shows Evidence of remains of dust left behind from event These toxic radioactive particles would later cause havoc. Man, animals, and plants suffered with radiation sickness. Mutations occurred. Tests of archeological finds show that man then had one blood type: O, some 100,000 to 40,000 years hence. After the supernova influence, humans started showing up with blood types A and B; and O continue to express itself also. Blood types A or B did not exist thousands of years ago. According to some scientists, if we possess those blood types, we are "blood brothers/sisters" to a supernova in the not too distant past. God moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform. . Some have even claimed to find evidence of periodic mass extinctions that might be explained by a single (as-yet-unidentified) star in an elliptical orbit around the sun. A diagram appeared in the 1987 edition of the "New Science and Invention Encyclopedia", published by H.S. Stuttman, Westport, Connecticut, USA. The article was discussing the purpose of the Pioneer 10 & 11 space probes. Clearly shown is "Nemesis", a popular name for our sun's binary companion, a dead star. (Binary solar systems are apparently the rule in our galaxy, not the exception.) The solar system may not be a nice round shape, but rather a bit squashed and oblong, according to data from the Voyager 2 spacecraft exploring the solar system's outer limits, scientists said. Walter Cruttenden of the Binary Research Institute is that local gases are fairly uniform and the shape derives from the trajectory of the solar system through local space -- possibly in its orbit around a companion star. This binary companion would cause the sun's orbit to curve, and would explain the Precession of the Equinox by the way in which the Earth's rotation was affected by not one, but two stars. Yes, that’s right, if the data is correct our solar system is curving through space (carrying the earth and spacecraft with it of course) so rapidly that the only way to explain it is if our sun is gravitationally bound to another nearby star. Every Myth .. has a hidden truth behind it....It was recently reported by NewScientist that Gravity Probe B received an “F” from the U.S. Government and the project would receive no more funding. But after netting out the spacecraft and earth orbit motions the remaining signal was far larger than anyone expected. In fact, it is so large it either means there is some unforeseen problem with the gyros or that our sun is part of a binary star system. The Rich like Bill Gates .. seems to believe there is something to worry about when it comes to.. his building of the Dooms Day Seed Vault “ Norway's ark-Doomsday CNN- 2012 Planet X ?”
The biggest problem is life is full of surprises like the Web Bot Project computer oracle program predicts a major event in 2012. As you read this, several planets are experiencing global warming. Saturn, for instance, has changed 30 percent. If this had occurred on the Earth, all life as we know it would be gone.
Seems allot is to unfold in the next few years for mankind...the Spiritual enlightenment to come is to begin at the end of 2011... in the Maya Calendar very good subject...DNA activation .. All these events are to take place in the coming years seems to be all connected in some way... .. "COME and SEE"

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
yes I am aware of the Yellowstone super volcano and the semic activity on the other side of the ring of fire.

These are more worrying than that.

1. The quiet sun

UV can vary up to 10% and effects the ozone and stratosphere: “UV variability between 200 and 400 nm is almost a factor of 10 larger than was estimated from earlier satellite data.” www.lowell.edu...

The Spectral Irradiance Monitor (SIM) on-board the Solar Radiation and Climate Experiment (SORCE) satellite provides the first multi-year continuous measurements of solar spectral irradiance (SSI) variability from 200–2400 nm, accounting for about 97% of the total solar irradiance (TSI)... the SSI values for wavelengths with a brightness temperature greater than 5770 K show a brightening with decreasing solar activity, whereas those with lower brightness temperatures show a dimming. These results demonstrate that different parts of the solar atmosphere contribute differently to the TSI with the behavior in the deep photospheric layers giving an opposing and nearly compensating trend to that in the upper photospheric and lower chromospheric layers. These findings need to be incorporated into Earth-climate assessments since the solar forcing induced by these differential trends are inherently different from the relatively flat spectral contributions employed in the IPCC assessments. adsabs.harvard.edu...

THE SOLAR WOLF-GLEISSBERG CYCLE AND ITS INFLUENCE ON THE EARTH: Shahinaz M. Yousef , Astronomy &Meteorology Dept. -Cairo University

“The only continuous solar observations that extend over the important climatic time scale of decades to centuries are those of sunspots, yielding a measure of magnetic activity. There are evidences for the modulation of the amplitude of the 11 year solar cycle in a period of about 80 years known as Wolf-Gleissberg cycle. The Cycle seems to be fairly clear in the sunspot record and in its proxy measurements by cosmogenic isotopes. The cycle appears to show up in many meteorological parameters, suggesting that there may be an important sun/climate connection over long periods of time(Hoyt and Schatten 1997).... “A growing mass of evidence suggests that transient events on the sun affect our weather and long term variations of the sun’s energy output affect our climate. virtualacademia.com...

David Hathaway of NASA agrees the UV and X-ray are more variable than TSI.

“The Sun is a powerful and highly variable source of ultraviolet and X radiation, which has major effects on our environment.” Author: David H. Hathaway spacescience.spaceref.com...

“While total solar irradiance changes by 0.1 percent, the change in the intensity of ultraviolet light varies by much larger amounts, scientists have discovered. Research shows such variations in the Sun's emissions can affect the ozone layer and the way energy moves both vertically and horizontally through the atmosphere.” www.nasa.gov...

“This is the quietest Sun we’ve seen in almost a century,” says NASA solar scientist David Hathaway. But this is not just a scientific curiosity. It could affect everyone on Earth and force what for many is the unthinkable: a reappraisal of the science behind recent global warming.”
www.independent.co.uk...

2 The PDO, Pacific Decadal Oscillation, has switched to a cooling phase.

Peer-Reviewed Study Rocks Climate Debate! 'Nature not man responsible for recent global warming...little or none of late 20th century warming and cooling can be attributed to humans': 'Surge in global temps since 1977 can be attributed to a 1976 climate shift in the Pacific Ocean' www.agu.org...

Pacific Decadal Oscillation: papers listed www.skepticalscience.com...

The Pacific Decadal Oscillation (PDO) is a temperature pattern in the Pacific Ocean that spends roughly 20-30 years in the cool phase or the warm phase. In 1905, PDO switched to a warm phase. In 1946, PDO switched to a cool phase. In 1977, PDO switched to a warm phase. In 1998, PDO showed a few cool years. Note that the cool phases seem to coincide with the periods of cooling (1946-1977) and the warm phases seem to coincide with periods of warming (1905-1946, 1977-1998). (source: The Reference Frame) motls.blogspot.com...

Abrupt and sudden climatic transitions and fluctuations: a review: A number of persistent oscillations exist, particularly one about 1500 years, but their amplitudes vary considerably between time periods. The Holocene appears to be no more climatically benign than the similar period in the Eemian. The importance of the North Atlantic thermohaline circulation for generating abrupt climatic changes in Europe, particularly in association with sudden pulses of fresh water, is illustrated. The concept of antiphase temperature changes between the North and South Atlantic is discussed. Externally generated abrupt climatic deteriorations owing to explosive volcanic eruptions and variations in solar irradiance are also discussed. Copyright © 2001 Royal Meteorological Society: www3.interscience.wiley.com...

3) changes in the magnetic poles

“The average pressure of the solar wind has dropped more than 20% since the mid-1990s … the speed of the million mph solar wind hasn't decreased much—only 3%. The change in pressure comes mainly from reductions in temperature and density. The solar wind is 13% cooler and 20% less dense. The solar wind isn't inflating the heliosphere as much as it used to … That means less shielding against cosmic rays. Ulysses also finds that the sun's underlying magnetic field has weakened by more than 30% since the mid-1990s”.....The magnetic pole in Northern Canada has been weakening as it shifts across the Arctic to Siberia.....The overall intensity of the magnetic field has decreased.

“Measurements have been made of the Earth's magnetic field more or less continuously since about 1840. If we look at the trend in the strength of the magnetic field over this time (for example the so-called 'dipole moment' shown in the graph below) we can see a downward trend. ... We also know from studies of the magnetisation of minerals in ancient clay pots that the Earth's magnetic field was approximately twice as strong in Roman times as it is now.”

The Earth’s magnetic field “acts as a shield against the bombardment of particles continuously streaming from the sun. Because the solar particles (ions and electrons) are electrically charged, they feel magnetic forces and most are deflected by our planet's magnetic field. However, our magnetic field is a leaky shield and the number of particles breaching this shield depends on the orientation of the sun’s magnetic field. … Twenty times more solar particles cross the Earth’s leaky magnetic shield when the sun’s magnetic field is aligned with that of the Earth compared to when the two magnetic fields are oppositely directed” www.appinsys.com...

What worries me and others is the switch to a cooling ocean AND a quiet sun could mean some very major cooling. Both Russia and Canada could lose the ability to grow grain crops and the USA has abandoned the practice of storing grain. ATS

posted on Aug, 20 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

The three super eruptions occurred 2.1 million, 1.3 million,
and 640,000 years ago.

So while there is some slack there, it is safe to say the odds are
up even if you consider a simple fact that the odds of it erupting
1 year after a super eruption is much lower, and it goes up over
time due to a build up of eruptible magma.

So the odds are higher now, how high remains to be seen.

One gap in eruptions was about 800,000 years so we may have
160,000 years or more, we just don't know.

The bulge on the bottom of the lake did make ppl nervous though.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i think that slowly but surely we are being incrementally conditioned to the signs of 2012 approaching. i'm not sure what's going to happen. however, i do predict that whether it be bad or whether it be good, we're in for a helluva show.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by JalZhaunlUss

It is true....there will be no end to the world in 2012. Although the epochs of our planet need be observed. Also the science of numbers and base 9 number reduction reveal a whole lot more than what is out there about the subject. I know a bit more about the epoch our planet is in.....But the year 2012 matches up with alot of other people places and things that have been mentioned in prophecies and predictions....numbers don't lie.

[mod edit: fixed All Caps post]
All Caps Posting: Please Read

[edit on 28-8-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join