It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vger6

Something that puzzles me is the impact spot on Jupiter, followed by an impact spot on Venus just a couple days later.

Splain DAT Lucy !!! lol

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
This is all true.

The sun has a solar maximum and a solar minimum. 2012 the sun reaches its maximum and the recent sunspot activity indicates its going to be very strong.
It has happened before. During the last solar maximum parts of canada lost power for almost a week. SO this isn't some "new" theory scientists are just predicting it's going to be much more felt around the world this time.
End times? For many losing electricity could be just as bad o.O

As for the fox reporter being a dick id have to disagree. He wasn't making fun of him he was simply catering to his audience. REmember fox news has all the redneck white trash and NY yankee obsessed "USA USA" retards watching their show. THey really dont know what a magnet even is they probably think magnets are sticky tape. Thats why the lady was saying she understood him but he was kinda like "ya im jut as lost as you are folks".

Fox news is just dumb in general dont expect any intelligence out of their reporters.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by demonseed]

[edit on 4-8-2009 by demonseed]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would love to watch these video's here, however the player delays and it takes forever to 'catch up' with the video and sound. Last week I could play any video fine, the week before it was playing havoc. It's not just my computer because my husband says he has the same problem playing a video on his computer at his work. I've tried to defragment and it hasn't helped. Maybe next week it will play fine again!

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

End times? For many losing electricity could be just as bad o.O

Not even close. Its obvious that if you want to raise your snf count here just make a 2012 thread and wait.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I would like to post a story somewhat related to the video in the OP.

I'm an engineer in the semiconductor industry. Back in '99, my group was working overtime to get everything ready for the dreaded Y2K. When all of the sudden we had about 50 systems break all at the same time. These are all very sensitive electronic testing equipment (think - a voltmeter turned in to the Incredible Hulk) It turns out there was a solar flare that caused some of the more sensitive instruments to fail.

It wasn't just my company that this happened to. There is a bar near the big TI plant that is the unofficial meeting place for semicon people from different companies to swap ideas. It turns out that this happened to all companies.

Equipment manufacturers did not have enough spare parts to go around. Most of the manufacturing line was shut down for about 2 months while we were waiting for parts.

Only the super sensitive electronics were affected. The older and less accurate instruments survived. Nobody's car was killed and the power did not go out. But I can see how Kaku's prediction could be possible.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by J-in-TX

Great story, I used to work in a fab too, and I understand as well as anyone about the sensitivity of tools.

Again, the problem is the title of the thread is this

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..

Theres just no correlation, sorry.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
2112 ? ...I LOVE that album!

Played again and again they day it came out back in the days when a "black CD" (my kids expression) came in a nice big double album cover with posters.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
Oh not this 2012 thing again!

Ok, I will play along.

The world gets destroyed in 2012 yada yada yada. etc etc.

Happy?

Ok, now back to reality that will not get destroyed by 2012.

Mr. Michio Kaku probably proved one thing.

Not that at least one catastrophic event will happen in 2012, BUT, that the kind of technology we use, the kind of solutions we produce for our everyday problems, WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS for us in the next decades IF our physical environment decides that it will not play along like it used to.

So people should please (with sugar on top) Un-focus from the doom saying of 2012 and focus on what kind of technology and solutions. and especially what type of society, can we have ready JUST IN CASE we have to live in a slightly different environment that we used to.

All that talk about the 2012 and all the doom and gloom is really bad because we people are getting accustomed more and more with having a short attention span in things that really matter in our everyday lives, the doom saying about 2012 and similar things will only make people to have even a shorter attention span than it is required for a civilization to survive in a collective level.
We should start taking things seriously. Not because of 2012 but because our technological and societal shortsightedness might put us in trouble in a few decades, because the solutions they produce might be irrelevant in a changing environment.

Of course the PTB can't tell you what they think that will happen, for it to make sense they would probably have to also tell you that our current technological and supposed societal progress (specifically that kind of "progress" they try to shove down your throat and convince you from every possible angle that it is good for you) will be irrelevant to the kinds of problems we might be facing in the future. (Really). That means they would ALSO have to tell you that THEY (the PTB, along with their plans for the World and YOU) might become also irrelevant.

We don't want that now, do we?

Instead they create the vague scare they termed "2012" and keep brainwashing people about it. When the brainwashing is in satisfactory levels, they can proceed from there. Obviously THEY DON'T HAVE A PLAN! Hence the 2012 rubbish, from everywhere you look and everywhere you go!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by spacebot]

Very well put.

Also, what do you think would happen if all those people who really believed that something would happen in 2012, would react? There would be a great feeling of depression, or beeing-let down. A lot of suicides to come, plus you can force every kind of Belief-system onto depressed and lost people

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hello all. This is my first post on ATS. I've been watching this site for a couple of years now and have found some interesting, and some not so interesting topics. This one has my interest because there are so many different things pointing to 2012. Does anyone know the date of the video?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
There was a post about 2012 awhile back that I think best nails it. He was saying that if you look back in history you can see that it took us 3000 years to make a certain degree of advancement, then in 300 years we made another large advancement then it was 30 years. So its like we are coming to an end point, or new beginning.

In a program on the history channel they were exploring the Mayan calnedar and as the narrator pointed out, the calendar ends on a particular day and describes a cycle that was also repeated in the past, but that the cycle following this one is a cycle of peace and prosperity.

So we can look at this as a negative or as a positive or just the cycles of life on earth.

If we look globally we see many changes and people everywhere are up in arms and waking up to oppression and corruption and violence and wars and inequality. So I think it may be a great awakening time and yes, some upheavel, but when you remodel your house, there is upheavel before there is peace again.

We tend to look at these prophecies as being some evil coming to harm us. In fact we do harm to our selves and others everyday.

So maybe Mother Earth is going to clean house, I am not sure that is a bad thing. Will people die or will there be collapse of the pillars of society? Yes, but there is always new growth after a fire.

Look what happen after the Black Plague of Europe, the rise of the middle class.

So lets hang together and ride the wave and see where it takes us, because no matter what you do you will not stop change.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

I think he has a lot of great things to say and contemplate, but I think he loses a lot of creditability when he starts talking about people having a microscopic black hole powering their heart.

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

Michio said this? That's funny because Nassim Haramein says the exact same thing.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritwomyn

Although you don't undertsand what will actually happen you are the only one in this post who has spoken anything of wisdom.
While we try to figure it out in ours head you've done what we all should and fugure it out in our hearts.

Crikey - I've become philosophical or whatever you call it!

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What happened to kanari kundam,the sunken continent in the indian ocean,to sumeria in the land of mu,a large continent stretching from japan to peru,and atlantis in the atlantic ocean was all suppressed by those who wants to control man.Atlantis is now rising with every earthquake to show to mankind that technologically advanced civilisations existed tens of thousand of earth years ago. The end of this era is far worse than what has happened before.This will be the greatest cleaning of this whole planet ,not only one continent. If you want to learn more visit starworldearthtoday(swearthtoday). We are all fighting to be able to exist truly freely,to be able to make our own destiny,to be able to live a life that we work hard to try to make,but the domineering dictators whom mankind calls god has set a predetermined destiny,a predestined life for each and everyone.This may be hard to swallow,but reflect on your life and you can see that you have been blocked from many paths that you wanted to go to.
All beings are basically good but circumstances cause them to do things that makes others suffer. There will be a way for al beings to evolve and elevate without going through karmic sufferings.
2012 has been predestined to happen,but the date the great upheaval will start cannot be determined.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

So you don't have any links to back up your claims?

Darn, I was hoping that you did.

There was a thread awhile back that had some good links on the subject, but I couldn't remember which. Those links seemed very convincing, and based on science. Who ever created the pages did their homework. Those links provided some very convincing evidence that we are indeed about to pass through the plane of the galaxy. So you remember one study, and I remember another, looks like a wash.

What my latest search for this thread came up with was not so well done or convincing. I found a lot of sites that provided a lot of different information, and widely different predictions about our solar system passing through the galactic plane.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My personal take on the Mayan calendar generally falls into a few categories.

1- The people making it got killed before they could keep adding on to it.
2- The people making it had got to 2012 and said, "Lets take a few months/years off and come back to it later. It's not like the world is going to end any time soon is it?" (see #1)
3- The people making it looked at their notes, then they looked back at the thousand years mapped out, and said, "You know... cycle-wise, 2013 is going to be the same as year 1, so we're done. Just tell the priests and we can get on with making that albamac." (See #1, but well everyone died....)
4- The people making it ran out of money....

So, there you have it, what I think happened

M.

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
man, this presenter guy is such an annoying ass. He basically rubbishes Kaku after the interview. Does he realise that Kaku has more cleverness and brain power in his little finger than he does in his whole pathetic body?

Id love Kaku to be right just to **** this guy off.

Dude.
Kaku is just a scientist. Like Greene, Susskind, and even Ed Witten who's arguably the smartest of all of them, are all just scientists.
I mean, string theory, super symmetry, and tiny black holes helped necessitate putting out tons of money on a new LHC and they're all just theories.

And come on. People, stupid people.. THE GENERAL PUBLIC, I should say, would see this and freak out if they didn't bring a little light to it.

As for this whole 2012 thing, it's all a joke. Asteroids, super natural occurrences, hitting some kind of galactic center, and now solar radiation due to pole rotation? I highly doubt any of it's going to happen and it's just a bunch of people who want to seem "better informed" than everyone else, thus padding their ego's and making them think they're so much more cunning too.

[edit on 7-8-2009 by Titus7]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
If you don't know, Michio Kaku is a regular on 'The History Channel' and 'The History Channel' likes to spread fear about the end of the world. You know why. People love to think they are living in the End Times. It's some sick psychological 'we're special' pleasure. Plus, it boosts ratings, which boosts profit.
He may be a smart man, but I find it hard to believe anyone or thing that makes money from spewing 'End Time' rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I like kaku. Just not sure about 2012. If there is an event in that year, my ats friend, could it not be something staged by TPTB?

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I believe something bad will happen that day. Death most likeley.

Hum... I hope not!

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join