It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Cataclysm in 2012? Think Again, Scientist Michio Kaku Says we should be alarmed..Heres why....(vi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think people are seriously mistaken when they say that 2012 is just another y2k. The Myan's, Hopi Indians, Nostradamus, Edgar Casey, and now Scientist are saying that 2012, they'll will be some type of event to change human civilization. There are to many indicators that point to some thing is going to happen whether it be, mystical, consciously, biblical, scientificaly, what ever!

I believe something is going to happen. For me, the biggest scare is the sleeping gigantic monster which millions people play with and visit every year. Yellow Stone National Park, that happened to be 400 sq miles of sleeping super volcano, that is statistically over due to blow up. It happens every 60,000 years, and we're 300-3000 years past due.

So for critics and skeptics, stay on your high horse and think we live in a perfect world and nothing catastrophic would happen in your lifetime, because your in for a rude awakening my friends.
alarmed

Sorry for all the editing

[edit on 30-7-2009 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
He is one of my favorite main stream scientists. He tries his best to be as accurate as possible, but like a true scientist...admits they all make mistakes. I have always thought of 2012 as being just like he said it could be. I really hope he is wrong :-)

+30 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
It doesn't matter. Even when Yellowstone blows and wipes out half the US all people will be talking about is Sarah Palin's new shoes, or that Obama's eyes were pointing towards a lady across the room when he turned around. So for me, the real tragedy will not be the event, it will be the idocracy style reaction to everything by 2012.

+27 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
man, this presenter guy is such an annoying ass. He basically rubbishes Kaku after the interview. Does he realise that Kaku has more cleverness and brain power in his little finger than he does in his whole pathetic body?

Id love Kaku to be right just to **** this guy off.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

You saw that too? He made jokes about the blackberries failing, but kaku saw right threw it. Saw his reaction?lol

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Yes, I think Kaku was half expecting it to be honest. I felt a little sorry for him. The presenter just had no idea what so ever. I think he thought Kaku was just making this stuff up.

It annoyed me the way the presenter laughed about the magnetic field after the interview.

what a dick.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
i think alot of people are overlooking this man as well hes been on point before i herd anyone else.

MUST WATCH!

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by soldier8828]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

yes, he is a very clever man. ive seen him on quite a few documentaries and he is very interesting to listen to and puts his views across in an easy to understand way.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
his theories are really on point...i didnt know much about astronomy but def felt like i did after i got done watching all 45 of the videos!!!

"the universe is indeed fractal by nature"...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
So... basically we could attribute anything untoward to being the fulfillment of 2012 prophecy?

Meh!

IRM

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
2112 ? ...I LOVE that album!

Ohh, the YEAR 2012, and it's apocalyptic predictions-sorry.
The end came way earlier than that for the Mayans! Their calender originally recognized 360 days to a year, consisting of 18 twenty-day-long months, and a seperate, five-day period considered to be unlucky!

I have to say, I believe we humans are inadvertently doomed in many different ways. With the main one being our unsustainable way of life, and the disturbing fact that we know it, and don't act aggressivly enough to change for the better!

3 years left? Yeah, that sounds about right.

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Things like this are infuriating, they have no idea what Dr. Kaku has contributed to the scientific community, or how many everyday people he has inspired to research topics like quantum mechanics or string theory, myself included.

I remember the story of the Grasshopper and the Ant, where the ant prepares all summer for the harsh winter, while the grasshopper laughs and sings and dances. The ant replies:

Idleness brings want
To work today is to eat tomorrow
It is best to prepare for the days of necessity.

The grasshopper ignores him, and come winter when he begs the ant for food and shelter, the ant replies:

"Since you sang all summer, you may as well dance all winter to the tune you sang".

In short, let them sing and dance their hearts out. Winter comes just the same.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by TeddiRevolution]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

That was beautiful...lol, no seriously that was cool.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking. As for the OP, you are incorrect, none of the people you listed said a thing about 2012, but nice try.

Also: There is nothing "statistical" that says "anything" about Yellowstone. Do a little research before you post.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Zenagain]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FRIGHTENER

I was going to give you a star for 2112 because it's great, but there's the rest of the post. I'm more open minded about the possibility and coincidences.

Don't just go by the distracting "opinion ticker" on the video.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by CapsFan8]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Are you serious?? I think you should do a little research buddy.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zenagain

Take your head out of the sand and do some research. I thought it was pretty common knowledge that yellowstone erupts quite often geologically speaking.

Not saying this will happen as it's still unlikely to be that particular year. I think mr. kaku is much closer to the answer.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

alas that's not really how volcanos work, think of it this way - in the last ten min i have stood up three times, thus i stand up about every three min right? Well you could then assume that in three min i will have stood up, however actually it's likely that i won't stand up again for at least an hour after all i now have now done all the things i need to do...

The amount of factors which go into weather or not i stand up are similer to those concerning a volcano - highly complex and totally chaoric. The last erruption #could# have released enough pressure for volcano to stabalize - it might never errupt agan, unlikely maybe but possible. The techtonic movement which effects the underground cave of lava might not be putting pressure on the magma at the same pressure it was before due to other geological events around the world, etc, etc, etc.

You just can't use statistics on volcanos, sorry.

Kaku is a great man, he's also a bit of a doom sayer - he loves to anounce the end times, i'm not too worried - weird things happen to the earth all the time, it's not like we really rely on the sats for anything too important - we do still have backup systems, after all it has always been assumed that the next important war that kicks off would see space cleared of satalites in phase one (both sides attacking enemy sats, debry finishing off the rest.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zenagain
Nothing interesting will happen in 2012. At least, nothing on the order that a lot of you are thinking. As for the OP, you are incorrect, none of the people you listed said a thing about 2012, but nice try.

Also: There is nothing "statistical" that says "anything" about Yellowstone. Do a little research before you post.

You should live by your own words there friend. You come in here and criticize someone else for not doing any research, when you yourself make the unsubstantiated statement that "There is nothing 'statistical' that says 'anything' about Yellowstone." But then you fail to cite any sources of your own to validate your statement. Just because you have not read anything that says anything about Yellowstone, does not mean that there is no such information.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
so in 2012 this sunspot will effect our electronics. well i guess bye bye to all electronics, that is all electronics not sheilded by earths magnetic field. i wonder how bad it will be. immagine if it was bad. it would take out everything that is electronic. think of everything that is electronic and immagine not having it no more. example, like power. no lights, no phones,no cars. immagine the chaos. we all know what happens to crime when the lights go out. what if it only effected the usa, and knowone else. we would be put back in the days of the candle for light. horse and buggy days. we would be a target for attack with no way to help ourselves. this would be utter chaos. we would have to protect ourselves from peoples in our own town. immagine no pumps to pump water. gee your neighbor might get a little hostile if he, she gets thirsty for your water. we would have to go back to boiling water again to sterilize it for drinking. all kinds of terrrible things to go wrong. lets see 11 years ago when the sun did the same thing. kaku says it happens about every 11 years. what happened back then and where did this sunspot hit. i was 28, nope nothing bad happened then. what is not said is that how big and powerful is this next sunspot. yeh, we may get them ,but how big or bad were they and how bad is the 2012 going to be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join