It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SETI@Home Recruitment - the Final Push

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
With the contributions of new members and the old workhorses (like 'DiRtYDeViL' blasting out 50+ work units a day!
) we have jumped up four spots on the Global Teams Position and are currently ranked #516. The top 500 is not out of the question, so please keep up the great work.

Again I make a plea for the inactive members to ge fired up. Even one work unit a day will help us make the 'Big Time' ranking. If you have problems getting SETI@Home running let us know. There is an easy solution if you don't want to fiddle with the screen-saver version, Command-line SETI. Super simple.

The recent articles about a possible SETI signal candidate could add some new vigor to the team effort.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.atsnn.com...

Thanks for checking this out. Crunch On!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Well i joined last night giving the team my whopping 9 wu's!!! LOL. Sorry, i now it isnt much but i actually just started using seti@home about two weeks ago. I'm trying!!

Also i love this site and joined a few weeks ago after lurking for a long time. Thanks for including me!

ThePhillyNut

[edit on 3-9-2004 by thephillynut]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Welcome to our latest member!!

Yes, we're rapidly approaching the 200kWU target and - with everybody's help - we'll sail past it!!

Great job team - let's go get 'em!!
(And, DirtyDevil has jumped up another place - watch your back Spectre - can you feel his breath on your neck, yet?!!
)

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How would joining the ATS team effect the 250+ wu's I've processed so far?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

You would still 'own' the credit for units youhave processed, but it you join the ATS team they get counted toward the group's credit. If you left the team (why would you do that?
) they would go with you.

Every contribution is helpful in reaching the milestones of 200,000 total units completed and getting into the top 500 teams.

We'd love to have you with us, Der Kapitan.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
OKAY! I'll bite. I need to get my SETI id # which is at home. Do y'all need me to go to the BOINC system?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan

As Spectre says, the WU's are still "yours" - but the advantage to the team is that "we" (all of us!) have them tallied together so that we move up the all time listings Der Kapitan!!

Please have a look at this link and you can then see this one which shows are current position!

It'd be a pleasure to have you join us!!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
You are welcome to do either or both, Der Kapitan. I have a couple of machines running the BOINC project but I am focusing on the SETI classic until they shut it down. Hopefully, I will then be able to smoothly transition over to the new software.

BOINC has had some bumps in the road, but seems to be going OK now.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Cool. I'll try to join the ATS team tonite before the dj gig thing. If not sat. fo' sho'.

Joined ATS SETI team as of 7:26pm 09/03/04

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Der Kapitan]

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Belated welcome, Der Kapitan. It is good to see you on the board. Hello also to the other new teammates that that joined up. There have been quite a few lately which is great.

We are so very close to 200,000 work units! 198385 as of this morning. At nearly 300 wu/day we might just make it, too. I am a sweating a little because member xn, our resident SETI-BOINC expert, just announced that a final version of the new SETI project has been released. It is just a matter of time before they close out the old school S@H and freeze those stats. Keep on working, but do it with your fingers crossed!

I'll make an informal hello to the new people I see on the list, so if I leave you out just smack me and introduce yourself.
Linda Sue, zulnick, Urn, R. Bader, & lmgnyc

JimDean aka spacedoubt signed up with a big tally of work that gave the numbers a boost. He has apparently thrown some CPU power at the project, as have xfile and avenger judging by the work units they are craking out. DiRtYDeViL is punching out around 40 a day thus breathing down my neck for the silver medal position.
Pedro Enrique is still almost unassailable in the top spot.
Some of the inactive members have come alive, too, and that is grand. All better to help get to the 200k goal.

Thanks everyone for helping SETI@Home and ATS. Stay tuned!

Tell us about yourself
***Identifying who's who on the ATS SETI@home board***
and
What's Your SETI Rig?

posted on Sep, 18 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey Spectre!

Whats up?

Yes, I added a 3.4 Ghz machine last week, and today, I resurrected a
P3 800 Mhz..So it's contributing as well..Working on an old Thinkpad,
a 400Mhz machine...Should be online in a couple of days. RIght now I should be putting out about 22 WU's a day..We'll se how it goes.

Crank it UP!

E_T

posted on Sep, 19 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I gues I have to keep PC on whole time until they close S@H and transfer to BOINC, even if PC wouldn't have any other use.

That's right, I haven't kept any PC just dedicated for crunching WUs and there has been only one machine at a time running this... so what you think, quite a nice pile of WUs considering that, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
E_T, that is quite a lot of work for a part-time computer! Good job.

____

Ladies & gentlemen of the ATS SETI@Home team, take a peek at the stats boards, please. You see that

**we have a new member at the #1 spot!**

ShadowsMV is now in the top spot with 17168 units! That's an extraordinary boost for the team and quite a personal accomplishment. Hey, SMV, tell us a bit about yourself and what you have going on when you have the opportunity. Welcome to the team!

BTW, that blows away our team goal of 200,000 work units and a ranking in the top 500 teams. SETI@Work's teams-comparison pages are down, so I don't know the specifics yet, but we were already very close to both.

SETI@Home - ATS Team Stats
SETIatWork Stats

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
...ShadowsMV is now in the top spot with 17168 units! ....

Outstanding indeed Spectre!! I've stood on the sidelines and watch with awe as the team has whistled past the 200kWU - currently 221 061WU's at Sat Oct 2 19:01:44 2004 UTC !!! Tremendous job everybody!!

And, it would be really great if ShadowsMV could come online and describe (his/ her??) equipment - I think there has been some real "supercomputer" work going on there at sometime!!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just a quick update

The SETI@Home Classic is still running and we are still climbing up the list of overall teams. The kind people at SETI@Work have us ranked at #433 in the list of teams, as of 9-11-2004, and with the large amount of work we complete a day, several teams are in our immediate sights. Expect the team to have climbed a few more spots by the time the website is updated.

Welcome to the new members who have joined, including:
DR HANIBALL & drbryankkruta. Apologies to anyone I overlooked. Say hello when you get a chance.

Keep up the good work, everyone!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Is there a way to merge my old team into the ATS team?
Only 4 members (2 active), but about 13000 WUs.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Notme
Is there a way to merge my old team into the ATS team?
Only 4 members (2 active), but about 13000 WUs.

Hi, Notme. I don't think you can merge teams, so the members would probably have to join the ATS team individually. That is the way my old teammates came onto the ATS scene. See if you can convince them. We would love to have them contributing & as ATS members.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I moved over to the ATS team.

Cool, grabbed the #5 spot.

[edit on 11/11/2004 by Notme]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Nicely done. Welcome aboard! - That will create quite a jump in the rankings. Amazing when you look back in the thread and see that six months ago we were #844. I'm starting to sweat my 'bronze medal.' There are some SETI animals on this team.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I got another active user moved over, but only a couple grand worth of WUs.
I guess I will need to start looking at this BOINC thing sooner or later.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join