It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SETI@Home Recruitment - the Final Push

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Glad to help, why wouldn't I want to be part of the best team there is?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Some of the new participants (or "stat-junkies," like me!) might be curious as to how ATS's SETI project is coming along. Here are some links to put that information at your fingertips.

Official SETI@Home Statistics for AboveTopSecret.com

SETI@Work Resources - "SETIatWork is an unofficial statistics site for SETI@home addicts."
Sometimes there is a lag in updates to the site, but it is an invaluable tool.

Team-ATS Statistics- How do our members stack up?
Global Teams Comparison - How do we rank against all the other teams?
SETI Club Comparison - How we rank against other clubs

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Inactive Members?

Genya, the SETI-fied mod, in his latest archive post reports that we have 229 inactive members on the team, and we still crank out over 200 work-units a day. The influx of new members has been very rewarding; if we can help any of the inactive folks get re-started, more the better. Even if half started running SETI again and only turned in one WU a day, we would have a huge increase in daily stats!

If there is anything we can do to help get anyone SETI running again, drop a post or U2U.

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spectre
Inactive Members?

If there is anything we can do to help get anyone SETI running again, drop a post or U2U.

Thanx Spectre!!

Yes, the "inactive" members would be welcomed - heartily! - (SETI@work's phrasing, not my own
!) back into "the fold", so *please* consider running SETI@home again folks!

Thanx - and new members are always welcome, of course!!

posted on May, 30 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
jcpham, a new team member, has jumped aboard with 277 units. Earlier we were joined by Crowe with 33. Thanks for the contribution, folks. On towards 150,000 we go!

current team stats:
www.setiatwork.com...

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Ouch!

We took a hit in the team standings. We got bumped down two places to 628th place according to the May 30th stats. That is the first "demotion" I recall since we lost one of our biggest members. It is a tough crowd on the high end of the board. These teams are playing for keeps! Fortunately, we are still producing very respectable numbers each day, 261.6 at last count. That made 146464 units, total.

Not bad for a bunch of computers that would otherwise be idle!

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Hi Spectre!!

Yes, all agreed on how the board situation changes!!

Current SETI@work figures show us with 146 760WU's at Tue Jun 1 08:00:31 2004 UTC and we're at 627th position with 146 702WU's recorded, so I guess we are still moving in the right direction?

Let's go, ATS SETI@home and BOINC teams!!

posted on Jun, 4 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
There have been a couple of new additions to the SETI@Home team, ToppDogg & Sauron. Welcome to the team! Lots of new people have signed up to ATS and I am behind on introductions. Everyone is welcome to Join the ATS-SETI Team. We would love to have you pitching in with us as we march to 150,000 work units and beyond. The team is going like gangbusters, having already regained the two places we lost on the global teams ranking. We are back at #626 by turning in 275 units a day.

We can't have too many members, though, so please consider helping out!

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Maybe we need to be slightly more proactive in the recruitment push; how about dropping a u2u to those inactive members that are a fair way up the board, yet have stopped.

I'd als like to point out, new members, post in the thread about your name on seti and ATS,the one pinned to the top of the board,Seti@home active members, so we know who everyone is.

[edit on 6-6-2004 by minimi]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Not a bad idea, minimi, but there is not a really good way to compare the ATS-SETI member list to the ATS usernames. They don't always match up, and I don't want to get clobbered for u2u spamming. Maybe Genya can use his "Mod Super Powers" to get some moving again.

Thanks to recruitment of new people and the diligence of our teammates, we have gained +6 spots, up to #620, as of June 9th. ...and we are a hair's-breadth away from 150,000 work units. Great work!

Anyone who is interested it helping out Join the ATS-SETI Team today. Let us know if we can help you start or get re-started!

ATS vs. "The World" - Teams Comparison

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Actualy, we've made it to 150000 today!!! hurray!!! ...and I've made it to no.48 on the team....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
My "Spider-sense" tells me there will be a special Archive Post from Genya tomorrow!
This is an excellent milestone. Pats-on-the-back for everyone!

[edit on 11-6-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Well, I *will* write more in detail later (as Spectre assumes!) but CONGRATULATIONS and THANX to all ATS SETI'home crunchers - existing, new and past - for allowing us to get 150 122WU's at Fri Jun 11 08:58:55 2004 UTC!!

Very well done all!! Back later!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Ah hah! Recruitment has not stalled. Welcome JCMinJapan to the team with 4200 work units. That puts him in the top ten. Nicely done! It's great to have long-time users coming aboard. Please don't let that discourage any new members, to SETI@Home or ATS, from signing on. Everyone helps out with each unit contributed.

This new load of wu should move us up roughly 17 places in the teams comparison to around 603rd place overall. Getting in the top 500 teams seems like a possible goal more and more.

SETI@Work Team Stats

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hey all.. great to be onboard.... looks like I will have to keep grinding them out faster and faster to keep in the top 10. But, I do not plan on letting you catch me......
I hope.... ha ha ha

It is amazing how many people have joined... this is great so see what we as a team can do.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be grand if some of the 247 members that have been inactive for a while got re-started and produced even one work unit a day? Pow! Zoom!! To the moon!

At least we are going to get away from that vulgar Italian team on the list.

edit: I don't think I said welcome to some other new members like DJSpellBound, Quadricle, & mokum. Thanks for taking the time to sign up, guys and/or gals! If I missed anyone else, my apologies. Say hi when you get a chance.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by Spectre]

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Hey Thankz for noticing and thankz for the welcome. I am glad to be a part of the team.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm trying to help but its still not letting me, I'm ready to scream, it seemed to work fine for a while, but now its just crazy. Please read my thread Seti Program issues and if you can help than by all means.

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Well today marks 2 years on the seti crunching... SETI spy popped up out of nowhere with balloons and stuff saying HAPPY ANIVERSARY...

I thought it to be a nice little touch.....It's been much fun seeing me zoom up the charts since I first got active again a couple of months ago.... I have gone from 232 to 37.... woo me!

Chris

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Happy Anniversary, OzChris! Since you pointed that out I had to go check my reg date. If SETI@Home v1 runs through Aug 18 I'll have five years! Time does fly by.

kaoscreator, did you try the command-line version of SETI that I suggested? I think you'll like it.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join