It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS SETI@Home Recruitment - the Final Push

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wolve

Anyone found a way to join anyway ? Wolve

Hi wolve!

Many *have*, as evidenced by my previous SETI Stats graphic (which shows total number of SETI@home users, rather than "simply" ATS SETI@home members, of course).

All I can suggest is "persistance" - keep hitting the "button" and, eventually, you should be able to join the team (and you'll be made most welcome too!!
)

Have a look at the 46000WU page, and it catalogues our respective "highs and lows", with respective archived results about team membership, achievement, etc, since 12th Dec 2003 (when we had reached the "giddy heights" of 46 000 WU's, of course!!
). As we are now here:

82 active members: 211 inactive members, 234.0 WU's per day, and a total of 110 168 WU's at Tue May 11 15:21:08 2004 UTC

you'll see that there *has* been a significant increase in membership and "productivity" in the team, due, in no short measure, by people joining us.

Persistance wolve!!

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I have been taking periodic runs at joining a test account to the ATS-SETI team without positive results. My record number of reload attempts in a singe session is 41. I stopped at that number fearing that 42 would anger the SETI gods prompting them to strike down upon me with great vengeance and furious anger. There are three more people I have rounded up trying to join, too. Between us we are trying different times of day, various web browsers, and anything else anyone brainstorms up. When/if someone makes a breakthrough please update the thread.

The support forum on the SETI message board is piling up with questions and comments (some quite "colorful") concerning the internal web server errors.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Spectre]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We had a success story! A new member, Ted, signed onto the team with 1085 work units. It can be done with some persistence. Keep trying and you'll get onboard. Let us know when you make it, please.

[Edited on 12-5-2004 by Spectre]

posted on May, 12 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Can someone try this tactic? I have added and removed my test account to the ATS SETI team a could of times. It is a little tricky but do-able.

-Go to this URL: Join the ATS-SETI Team and use the reload feature on your browser until it comes up correctly.

-enter the email and password for your SETI account, then submit the request. It will probably fail.

-on the error page, change the URL in the address bar from
setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu...
to
setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu...
>>note the "2"

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The process for joining up works. Please welcome "UT Libraries Access & Delivery Services" with a whoppin' 8821 work units. That should make for an interesting SETI@Work teams comparison adjustment!

The board is on fire. Team ATS is on fire. What next??

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I'm never gonna get past the 32nd place mark, everytime I get there I get knocked back down, but it feels so good when I realise why

welcome to the team UT Libraries Access & Delivery Services

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Well, what wonderful news!

First, very many thanx to Spectre (with the new, "Kill Bill" avatar!!
) , for the joining the team "work around" - fantastic, Sir, kudos to you (and applause, of course!!
)

Also, for encouraging your colleagues, friends and acquaitances for joining the team - and for relegated us all down a place in the list!!
But, as pantha rightly says, what better way to be "demoted" than by having 11k WU's so generously donated to the cause we all support!!

Let's go ATs SETI@home and BOINC teams - we rock!!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
My cousin has now joined the team with his total of 4 WUs
Hey we need all the help we can get, he's a new user and he plans on sticking arround for good and move over to BOINC when the time comes. Next I'm going to try to get him to join ATS.

He goes by the name of Banshee, I know,w e already have a user by that name, he's the one with the lower WU count.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranger...
He goes by the name of Banshee, I know,w e already have a user by that name, he's the one with the lower WU count.

I can see the "chair" treatment coming already Ranger!!

Good stuff with your cousin - please give him our best wishes and to "say hello" when he joins ATS board!!

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Welcome Banshee II for me, please, and thanks both of you for continuing the effort to join. Muzz also made it onto the list, I see. Good news all around!

Again, if any of the inactive members on the team need any help running the SETI program, don't hesitate to post or u2u.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The SETI@Work stats have been updated. Team ATS jumped ***+99*** places to number 743 in overall team comparisons (#424 for SETI clubs)!

Pestering your friends to join pays off!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I just joined the team with close to 1000 WU. A worthy effort that SETI@home thing.

I just noticed that this group existed recently. (lol I'm so distracted sometimes!)

Let's keep it going!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very nice, Vince. You have our gratitude. Thats almost a week's work at the rate wew were going. Did you have much trouble getting onto the team? As you can see from reviewing this thread it was quite a headache for some. Good luck with the project. If someone is going to find a signal and it might well be one of us!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Where should I go to download it?

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TallShaffer
Where should I go to download it?

Assuming you have a Windows PC, the most efficent way to crunch as much as possible is to use the command-line client. It is a stand alone program and does not act as a screensaver. Just unzip it to a folder and run the .EXE. When you get registered with an email address, the intructions for joining the team are in this thread.

The graphical version can be downloaded here.

Check out the SETI discussion forum for some FAQs & general support threads.

SETI@ATS

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It wasn't too difficult. All it takes is try again! Their servers seem to be overloaded sometimes, or maybe need a lot of maintenance... I had to try over several days, a few times a day, and then all of a sudden, one day, zap! Done and dusted!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Welcome to you SpookyVince and very many thanx for joining ATS SETI@home team!!

I think you'll find us a very supportive community here (just as with ATs itself, of course!!) so if you have any comments, questions or general topics of interest, pelase don't hesitate to ask or share with us!!

Let's go ATS SETI@home - and BOINC - teams!!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Greetings TallShaffer!!

I hope you've been able to download SETI@home and join the team? Please keep us informed of your progress in doing this - sometimes, it does take several attempts, as others have said - but it's worth it in the long run!!

Good luck TallShaffer!

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I'm willing to swap teams. I'm putting out 11-15 units a day, depending on what my systems are up to
(don't always know what my computers are doing, they just stand there, but keep taunting me with blinking leds and ratling disks, then later showing slower processing times for that period. They are up to something, but noone knows what)

Anyways, on all my accounts combined, I've got 2000 units.
I only restarted pushing out units again a month or so ago, did over 300 units in that time
2 more systems will be added in the next months, 1 P3 1Ghz(maybe up to 1.2Ghz) and 1 AMD AXP1800+(prolly at 1.85Ghz, depending on how far the sucker will OC, 1,85 was the last known stable clock on it when I used it, but that was PRE watercooling ...)
My Dual P2 266 box is currently clocked at 300 Mhz, like this it puts out 2 units every 18 hours.
I'm planning to get 2 333Mhz CPU's for it that'll be running 380~500 Mhz, again, depending on the OC I'll get out of them, this kind of clocks would push the Dual P2 to put out 4 units a day.

All combined I should be able to get:

AMD AXP 2000+@1850 - 7 to 8 units per day
Intel Pentium 3 700 - 2 to 3 units per day, after watercooling installation it'll be 866~933 Mhz(the CPU in it has run 966 on another motherboard, but this one doesn't alow that kind of overclock, so more units should come from that one too)
Dual P2 266@300 putting out 2-3 units per day
AMD AXP1800+@1850 - 7 to 8 units per day
Intel Pentium 3 1000 - prospected at 4 to 5 units per day.

That'll make 22 units min, 27 max units per day.

Currently 12 units per day for a month or so.

I have several accounts, but only use one these days. I don't know if you need a password to change your account to another group, if so, I'll only be able to change 2 or 3 of my accounts, MAX, because the others are on long lost email accounts.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 04:38 AM
link   
GM the matrix!!

Very many thanx for offering to "change teams"!!

As you'll see, we are trying to gain as many places in the global listings before SETI@home finishes and is replaced by BOINC. So, this "last minute" appeal for more members will hopefully attract others to the program, and help promote us through the ranks.

Thank you once again thematrix - I'm sure you'll find us all very friendly here!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join