It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Radicalization' of Americans worrying -Eric Holder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
in.reuters.com...

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder warned on Wednesday of increased "radicalization" of Americans in recent months, two days after seven people were arrested in North Carolina for allegedly plotting attacks overseas.

oh man, is it possible its really gonna happen? our Atty. General is talkin sh*t and we all know what obama thinks of the 2nd amednment..

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The concept of radicalization is simply an easy way to paint all citizens with the same brush. They want to be able to target all US citizens as being a threat to themselves and others so they can justify total control.
The whole thing is going according to plan.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yea it worried the British monarchy too.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

You US Government conspiracy theorists were entertaining at first, then you got slightly annoying, and now you are simply insufferable.

Why must you think that EVERYTHING the Government does is for "complete control" anyway? So what if the Attorney General speaks out, for once, about a growing issue. Isn't that his job? Not everyone is on the proverbial conspiracy payroll.

Sure, there are some instances of greed and corruption with some of the politicians in Washington, that much is undoubtedly obvious. However, you cannot sit there and tell me that the entire Government, every single Presidential Administration, every single head of any department in any government is involved in conspiracy after conspiracy.

It is funny how there is always the conspiracy argument for everything the media shoves down our throats. Some things are as black and white as they seem, stop over-analyzing things.

Next you are going to say that the failing market is some maniacal scheme that George W. Bush, Obama, and the supposed tyrannical leaders of our government came up with to push martial law.

Get real.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
They're freaking out now that people are believing these radical conspiracy theories that happen to be true. They can't hide the corruption any longer, we have hit escape velocity, I see more people waking up and rejecting the humbug on the news. I see them dying out in favor of alt media very rapidly, and I'm not the only person predicting this.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Claim radicalization and make a bunch of stupid laws to control the fake radicalization.
Gun laws, Laws banning groups, Laws banning assembles of groups that oppose your policies. Laws that spread the wealth from people that vote against you to groups that support your policies(sheepeople, poor to the rich supporters)

This in its self will cause radicalization and then you can make more laws to control the people.(IE your opponents)

A never ending cycle to control something that was not real to begin with.

The beginning of a system of brainwashing the masses to believe that your political leadership is the only true way. Turning politics into religion for the masses.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Are you being serious?

What facts do you have to prove your allegations pertaining to "fake radicalization?"

You don't have any? That's a surprise. A mediocre conspiracy theorist without facts to reinforce his claims.

What else is new.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Bushido Kanji]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
What I want to know is if our government is allowing and encouraging this radicalization in an effort to pass their agenda?

This is from the ops source

The leader of the group, Daniel Patrick Boyd, trained in Afghanistan and Pakistan from 1989 to 1992 and used that experience to set up his own organization to train fighters, raise money and carry out attacks abroad, according to the indictment.

Look closely at when and where he got his training.

1) Was the US aware that terrorist were training in Afghanistan this far back?

2) Did the US recognize the trainees as terrorist during this period?

3) Why has it taken this guy about 20 years to put his training, organization, money and attacks into action?
Better yet, why did it take the US government 20 years to catch this guy?

IMO, the US is sponsoring radicalization by enticing and possibly entrapping certain individuals so they can continue passing their policies and laws in the name of terrorism.

As long as they have Americans scared stiff, they can pass or enact almost anything they want with little resistance.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bushido Kanji

I'm no expert, but maybe you should look at how the manipulation of the human psyche both individually and in groups has become a science to be recognized.

With the thirst for power being present since the beginning, I don't see why the thirst for the mechanisms used to attain power would do anything but increase exponentially. Personally, all I had to do was read some history to see how things developed, and also look around today at how these politicians win elections to give threads such as these the time of day.

Plus, something's just not right.
That's why I'm here, anyways.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I feel like these people were arrested the day before Obama was due into town (Raleigh) the next day is the ONLY reason they were arrested.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

I am not saying that there has never been a conspiracy ever in the history of mankind, I am saying that everything that the Government is, stands for, or does is not a conspiracy.

I am aware of the history of greed of men with power, and I am aware there is more to some things that will never be told willingly.

I am no expert, but some people do have hearts and do the right thing, even if they are in politics.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I don't think you are in any way brainwashed.
To be more specific, after the peaceful way our continent has been living, I think of how it is human nature to let one's guard down when an immediate threat becomes almost insignificant.

I look around, and our guard is down. I see the motive and the means for these types of things, and I also know that proof is often recognized with speculation as a first step.

How will we speculate on motive if the actions are already in place?

Another thing is how more mistakes by "evil men" should logically be showing as our means of sharing, gathering and interpreting information has outpaced, hopefully, their m.o.

some theories i find riduculous, but the few that give me pause are worth it. I dunno, trash can turn to treasure with one tidbit of information or one slip of the tongue.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

You have a point about human nature, but I don't think our guard is completely down. In my opinion, the public is paranoid beyond their own comprehension and I agree with people that say we are ripe for the picking.

But I am not going to just assume conspiracy if someone with power does anything remotely progressive or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
reply to post by ANNED

Are you being serious?

What facts do you have to prove your allegations pertaining to "fake radicalization?"

You don't have any? That's a surprise. A mediocre conspiracy theorist without facts to reinforce his claims.

What else is new.

This is one of the "fake radicalization?" i am talking about calling veterans terrorist.
www.washingtontimes.com...

Here is another Labeling Gun Owners Potential Terrorists.
www.prisonplanet.com...

How about calling street gangs terrorist
www.washingtonpost.com...

Do you need any other "facts" to show that the government is setting up "fake radicalization?" groups so that they can use them to call for new laws that would not be aimed at controlling terrorist but controlling people that oppose the PTB.

You want to insult people find someone with a far out conspiracy. like grays in the whitehouse.

I am anything but "Mediocre"

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ANNED]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Everyone is capable of doing anything they set their mind to. I am not taking a side on this issue, I am merely saying that you shouldn't throw accusations one way without stating facts.

Anyone with a gun has the potential to be a terrorist, that much IS true. HOWEVER! Everyone needs to take a look at the real definition of terrorist.

It is not necessarily someone who hijacks a plane, nor is it necessarily someone who bombs a federal building. It is a person or persons that involve themselves in acts that terrorize individuals or groups of people with violence or impression of violence.

It is not necessarily a "raghead" Islamic radical bent on destroying the United States and Israel. It can be anyone with the ability to strike terror in any one man, woman, or child. Whether that be a gun owner or a street gang member.

As for the veterans story, I have no opinion on it. I don't know enough about it to form one.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bushido Kanji
Get real.

Get off ATS
( the world's most popular conspiracy web site)

-

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

You want me to get off a website that promotes opinion and arguments for doing just that, having an opinion and stating my argument?

That's nice.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
No, I think he wants you to get off ATS because you have been here 5 days and claim we are getting on your nerves. I think its actually the other way around.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Do you have any idea how many people come to ATS to criticize anything anyone says without providing the slightest bit of evidence to support their assertions?

If I were you, I would spend some time researching the topics we're discussing. And while I agree that there are a lot of crappy conspiracy theories out there, the fascist decent of the US is real. Has been for quite some time.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Just because a lot of people on this website throw things out there without proof doesn't mean it's right, just means it's a moronic trend.

And you cannot convince me of this fascist US Government crap. Stop following the crowd and come up with your own ideas. This one is getting stale.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join