It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

75% Favor Auditing The Fed - Rasmussen Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 75% of Americans favor auditing the Federal Reserve and making the results available to the public.

Just nine percent (9%) of adults think that’s a bad idea and oppose it. Fifteen percent (15%) aren’t sure.
Over half the members of the House now support a bill giving the Government Accounting Office, Congress’ investigative agency, the authorization to audit the books of the Federal Reserve Board
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.rasmussenreports.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Bernanke Stutters, Stammers And Shakes His Way Through Questions On Audit The Fed Bill
BREAKING: Audit the Fed Bill Surpasses Crucial Benchmark

[edit on 29-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The new survey finds that an overwhelming majority of Americans in every demographic category – including age, gender, political affiliation, race and income – disagree with Bernanke and favor auditing the Fed to make its secretive deliberations public

The heat is really on this issue. Dr. Paul has done an amazing job with HR1207. It really seems like this may happen, and the American people certianly want it. This transcends party lines, as the crooks in the FED are robbing us all, and hav remained un-accountable for it. Not for long!

-E-

www.rasmussenreports.com
(visit the link for the full news article)\

[edit on 29-7-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I am in favor of it as well. It would be interesting to say the least, to see how much the fed actually owes/is in debt....

The question is, will it do any good to make that info available to the public? Is anybody going to actually make them pay up like we have to? Or are they going to get a free pass? Gee, I wonder......

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I think it will be a real eye opener for many people. I bet the vast majority of people be shocked and demand accountability. Hopefully this will usher in a new era of fiscal responsibility in America. Maybe I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one!

-E-

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Just wait till the public finds out that the Federal Reserve is paying the banks not to lend money.

It will go over well i'm sure.

This is a non political issue all the way....both the left and right support this..and everyone in the middle.

This is vital for this country's independence and freedom. We aren't gonig to like what we see..and it will be ugly.

But it has to be done if we are ever going to change things and start heading in the right direction.

Obama better sign it....and this bill better not be changed....if Pelosi, Frank, and Reid ever let it get voted on.....

Dems and Libs....you need to get on them to bring HR 1207 and S604 to the floor!

Let's do this!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I can't believe 9 percent of people work for the federal reserve.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Who are the Nine Percent (!!!) who don't think that this should happen??? The Fed is given so much power that it should happen periodically, regardless of the economic situation.

In any event, nothing would shock me more than if this actually did happen. Nothing. And even if it did happen, you can bet that the numbers will be "adjusted" and things will look good.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by theWCH

I actually believe the other 25% of people have no idea of the FED is or don't understand fully what is does and just didn't want to admit it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I can't believe 9 percent of people work for the federal reserve.

You made me laugh out loud.

Thanks I needed it!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

I actually believe the other 25% of people have no idea of the FED is or don't understand fully what is does and just didn't want to admit it.

You're right. I talk about it at work all the time. Some blow me off...but most agree.

My father agrees with me as well, but he also told me that people have always railed against the banks when times get tough so he doesn't take it as seriously....although he is right about that...he just doesn't realize how bad it actually is.

It's criminal what is happening...to all of us....the average working man trying to eek out a living...the little wealth and money we have to keep us going is being sucked dry.

We don't deserve it.

The value of our money has the largest impact on the poor and middle class (what's left of it). The rich and powerful will remain the same and will feel no real pain unlike the rest of us.

An audit has to be done...support it and hammer your politicians. If this gets shot down then we will all truly know if our government still has any working interest left in freedom and the American citizens.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I am yes and no on this subject. Yes, i believe the American public deserves to know what really goes on there. BUT BUT BUT! If the Fed is audited i believe it will destroy the dollar completely..just like the German Mark after WW1. Since there really is nothing to back up our money...just the air around and the ink and paper that says how much there is...it will be a disaster. If this bill goes through..which it should and the Fed should be abolished in favor of Silver or Gold standards, make sure that you have things to barter with such as cigarettes, beer, wine, food, you get the idea.

new topics

top topics

join