It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, is he just plain Dumb or is he simply not what we think he is?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Jesus was sent to Earth to teach us how to live life.

Jesus was sent to Earth to die for mankind's sins. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16 KJV

Why not do it in a time in which humanity was so far evolved they developed tv, radio and internet? That way he could lead us the way and people could film it, and through the internet the whole world could know about his lessons and miracles in an hour. Then there would be no doubt he was indeed the son of god and telling the truth. Everybody would be a believer and live life by the commandments. There would be no wars (over religion), there would be no hunger, because we would have taken care of all people in the world instead of only ourselves, there would be no crime etc etc. Why? because we all seen Jesus Christ with our own eyes and we would all have believed in what hey said and talked about.

There were people who didn't believe Jesus even after witnessing his miracles. It wouldn't matter when He came, there would always be nonbelievers.

"8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”
9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on My own authority; but the Father who dwells in Me does the works. 11 Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me, or else believe Me for the sake of the works themselves." John 14:8-11 NKJV

Tell me, isnt that just plain dumb and stupid? He is said to be all-knowing, so why didnt he know that sending jesus to Earth at this moment, with all our technological evolution, would be millions of times better?

God had a reason to send Christ to Earth when He did. Why did He choose then? We don't know; it's part of God's plan. That time was the perfect time for it or else Christ would've come at a different time.

Like i said, everybody would believe in Jesus and God if they saw him on the news broadcasts, if they saw him on lets say youtube, if they saw him perform his miracles with their own eyes.

Again, people didn't believe Jesus' miracles even after witnessing them themselves.

Everybody would live by the commandments because they all saw proof of god and Jesus' existence. In other words, humanity would have lived in total heavenly peace.

People didn't live by the commandments even back when Christ was on Earth. And if God sent Him today instead of 2 000 years ago, people still wouldn't live by the commandments. Why? Because it's impossible to perfectly obey God's Law. Ever since Adam and Eve disobeyed God mankind has been in a fallen, sinful state. This makes it impossible for us not to sin. Even if Christ was on Earth today it still wouldn't change the fact that we're human and in a sinful state of existence.

There is no way of getting to heaven with a body, because heaven is not a place you can travel to, heaven is another dimension you can only reach when not constrained by a physical body.

Christ could because He was God's son and was sent by God.

I will say it again, it is impossible for an almighty entity like we portray god to be to make a mistake that huge and critical. If he really is an almighty being whe would have send Jesus to Earth 2000 years later then he supposedly did.

Why do you assume it's a mistake?

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lagnar
In my opinion, one of the worst things about religion (as I learned when I was 5 or 6 yrs old) is that you can live your whole life in the most deplorable kind of wrongdoing, and as long as you have the opportunity or wherewithal to ask for "forgiveness" right before you die, you automatically get a free trip to heaven, "for that's all that God requires". "Give yourself to him, and you will be saved." They've asked this of everyone who has ever been killed by the penal system...as if a clergyman was their only doorway or path to retribution.

That's because Christianity isn't a works based system. It's not based on good works or bad works. It's an authority based system. If you don't like it then maybe Christianity isn't the religion for you. Maybe no religion is for you. So, why hang around the religious threads and bash it when it isn't the right religion for you? Go find one or make one that is. And it doesn't have to be based on God either. You can find a nice philosopher you admire perhaps and live your life according to that. Or you can make up stuff as you go to live by. That's fine, but to bash this one religion well let's understand it.

Look, I'm tired of hearing about why can't a really really good person get into Heaven without believing Jesus? Who cares? What special gift do you get at the end of the game if you manage to get into Heaven without believing in Jesus? You get absolutely nothing extra. You get no special gift. You don't get a better spot in Heaven if you manage to find a way there without believing in Jesus. So you know what? Why not make it easy on yourself and just believe? Why try to get into Heaven the hard way to accomplish nothing?

If Jesus is real then all you get is your pride and your defiant attitude of not wanting to worship Jesus and rejecting the man that died for you. That is not a good work. Now I'm not saying Jesus is real, but if he was and he really was the Son of God then rejecting him is about the worst most absolutely horrid work you could ever accomplish. So, if you think you're going to reject Jesus and then get into Heaven via your good works then you're wrong according to the Christian religion. You don't have any good works because they've all been tainted by your defiant attitude. And if you think God isn't real and this is your argument to discount the religion then you defiantly aren't getting into Heaven because it's NOT REAL! So, either way with that attitude, you're not getting into Heaven correct?

Okay, now I'm not saying that you have to believe that. I'm just saying that's the Christian beliefs here and yet everybody is criticizing it without understanding it when it says it right in the book that nobody reads, even believers. Okay, so I'm not mad if you don't believe in God. That's not why I'm ranting.

I'm just mad that people bash the religion on this one specific issue over and over when it's already been explained and went over a million times. You may not like the way it works, but it's already been brought up a million times and it isn't going to change.

Christianity never has been, is not, and never will be a works based system. If you don't like that then you just need to move on to another religion or something. It's not going to change anytime soon.

But okay, so let's assume God and Jesus are real. If you don't want to worship him then why would he want you in his kingdom and why would you want to go there anyway? According to Christianity The only thing to do there is basically worship God and worship Jesus. So, if you don't want to worship them why would you even want to go? Why are so worried about it?

See, the good works are just supposed to be things you do because you're not a jerk. There isn't supposed to be a reward for them because those are just the things you're SUPPOSED to be doing as a human being anyway. If you expect a reward for your good works then your good works are tainted by your pride.

That's why Christianity is an authority based system to teach you two things. One is how to submit to authority and two how to realize which authority should be submitted to and which ones shouldn't be.

In Christianity you don't do good works to get into Heaven. You do good works because since you believe, the gift of Heaven has already been given to you and therefore you should be filled with joy see? A person that's filled with joy just simply does good works. If you're not doing good works then you're not filled with joy.

If you're sitting around going, uh why would I do anything for you? What do I get out of it? Where's my reward? Then you're not filled with joy. Then you're not doing good works because many times good works don't have rewards. Don't feel bad though. Even most people that do believe in Jesus don't get this and they still sit around asking, what's in it for me? And it's because many of them are ignorant morons basically about how their own religion works.

Look, I can't explain it any better than this. The world we live in is a money based system right? It's not based on good works right? So, say you're at the theater and you want to see a movie, but you're broke. However, you're a really good person and you never did anything wrong right? But say some jerk that's killed three people and is out on parole has money so they let him into the movie? Is that fair? Why does he get to go into the movie and you don't? You're a much better person than him right? You've done a crap load more good works than him right?

Sure you are, but it doesn't matter. It's not a works based system. It's a money based system at the theater. He's got money and you don't. Deal with it. Same with Heaven. It's an authority based system. It doesn't matter how good you are. All that matters is if you'll worship Jesus or not because it's a worship based system. Not a works based system. Never has been a works based system.

If the killer will worship him and you won't then what use does Jesus have for you? It's just that simple. If you're going to be rebellious and defiant against the ruler of Heaven who created it and rules and runs it anyway he wants then you're just plain out of luck yo.

Okay, so I'm not saying you should believe in it. I'm just saying it never has been a works based system. It's too bad people even got that idea because that's just not how it works.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by tinfoilman

That's because Christianity isn't a works based system. It's not based on good works or bad works. It's an authority based system. If you don't like it then maybe Christianity isn't the religion for you. Maybe no religion is for you.

You're absolutely right. It never has been, and never will be my religion, and I lean toward your second comment even further now, thanks.

So, why hang around the religious threads and bash it when it isn't the right religion for you? Go find one or make one that is. And it doesn't have to be based on God either. You can find a nice philosopher you admire perhaps and live your life according to that. Or you can make up stuff as you go to live by.

First of all, I don't hang around any threads at all. I use an RSS scroller on a localized start page...well, that, and I was bored and thought I would click on a few headlines in hopes of a little nostalgia. Is there a problem with that? What am I, since you think you know so well, a devil worshiper or satanist because I felt compelled (by what I have no idea) to put my 2 cents in a conversation that really had nothing to do with anything more than inquiry to begin with. By the way, I think he's just never been what "we all think" he is. I happen to be mulling over something an alien named Airl said through another person (by telepathy) during an alleged interview. Mkay? And I wouldn't presume to tell someone not to presume who I am from an inconclusive pretentious judgement made by one seemingly very button-pushing paragraph. Just seems like something religions have tried to do for centuries, no? Am I religion bashing(?), no, I believe religion has always served a monumental purpose in giving people hope when they need it most. No, I am merely a reality-seeking truth lover in every possibly meaning of the word. Yeah, truth is certainly anxiety-riddled at times, but the horror of reaching a higher state of awareness is nothing any freedom-lover wouldn't endure if it meant exercising even an ounce of free will over a matter of minutes.

That's fine, but to bash this one religion well let's understand it.

In my opinion, one of the worst things about religion (as I learned when I was 5 or 6 yrs old) is that you can live your whole life in the most deplorable kind of wrongdoing, and as long as you have the opportunity or wherewithal to ask for "forgiveness" right before you die, you automatically get a free trip to heaven, "for that's all that God requires". "Give yourself to him, and you will be saved." They've asked this of everyone who has ever been killed by the penal system...as if a clergyman was their only doorway or path to retribution.

Where exactly do you see the word Christianity in the paragraph you replied to above, or anywhere else in my previous post? Although, I don't conceive of myself as a "basher" of any kind, if anything I should be considered an all-encompassing authority basher at the very least...and even that's not entirely accurate. Again, you presume too much...as one would expect from only one paragraph of text...let alone 1 singular post.

Look, I'm tired of hearing about why can't...

Then as you said, "Why hang around religious threads"...especially one with such an anti-religious headline?

What special gift do you get at the end of the game if you manage to get into Heaven without believing in Jesus?

Did I even say I wanted to go to heaven? No. I was simply pointing out the obvious lack of logic, which apparently isn't needed in authoritative religion - you say. I dare say, we, as a species, wouldn't have even made it to the point of religion had we been robbed of common sense and logic. And not to upset the masses mind you, I don't want ANYTHING after death. I want to be left the hell alone in peace.

I'm just mad that people bash the religion on this one specific issue over and over when it's already been explained and went over a million times.

Ok, so it's not a works based system, it's an authoritative one. Just makes me believe it less, and leads me to disrespect it, really. Why do "righteousness" and "The 7 Heavenly Virtues" even get mention in an authority based system? Just curious.

If you don't want to worship him then why would he want you in his kingdom and why would you want to go there anyway? According to Christianity The only thing to do there is basically worship God and worship Jesus. So, if you don't want to worship them why would you even want to go? Why are so worried about it?

I assure you, I wouldn't go, and I'm certainly not worried in the slightest. I look forward to nothing...with perfect contentment and happiness. We all deserve the final reprieve from life, IMHO. Yay for me!

The world we live in is a money based system right?

RIGHT!!! EXACTLY why I look forward to sleeping...or at least getting a cold reset on the ole' spirit' and startin' all over. A consciousness carried into reincarnation on this planet would certainly also be a fate worse than death.

By all means, please enjoy as much beauty, joy, bliss, astonishment, amazement and love you can while you're here. And do your best to spread some goodness.

If there was a religion in which there was only one rule, the Golden One - treat others as you'd have them treat you, I'd be the most religious person you could ever meet. Complete symbiosis with every living thing - simplistic, easily attained default behavior pattern and beneficial to ALL...besides being something I could bow down to with fervent admiration and utmost respect.

Simply my own little 2 cents, as always. No pushing either way from me. You are welcomed to reflect upon what I say at your leisure, and ignore it as well. Doesn't impact me in the slightest either way what you believe. If you can find ANYTHING on this planet to derive hope from, all the more power to ya as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't presume to tell ANYONE what to believe, for I would spit in the face of someone doing that to me.

I look forward to any conversation you could possibly have with me, as it rarely happens - so be it, but know that I question authority every chance I get as it's one of the only freedoms we have left.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Star to you. I agree with everything you said.

I have long given up on religion which is manmade and corrupt.

I do believe that Jesus was here on earth in order to show us how we should live.

But I don't think the op should blame God for not sending Jesus now - He was here once, I believe, and we were supposed to learn from Him and live accordingly.

That we failed is not the fault of God. It is because of our blindness, greed and ignorance. And because of religions and churches that have misinformed us. And because of powerful people who do not want us to know the truth (which was the same in Jesus' day).

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Or perhaps the idea that we expect any higher power/god/whatever to be something akin to Superman/our nanny is a silly one. From a race of beings that shows signs of collectly having an inferority complex.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lagnar

Okay, I'm not trying to say you're wrong. I brought up Christianity because you just said the worst thing about religion is that deplorable people just have to ask God to forgive them and then they can go to Heaven.

Well all I'm saying is that that's how Christianity works so if you have a problem with that type of system then you have a problem with Chrsitianity because that's exactly how it works.

Okay, so you don't care for the way Christianity type religions work, but okay it works that way and it's not going to change is what I'm saying.

But okay so you think religion should be a works based system where the good people get in and the bad people don't right? Well, we have religions like that. In fact the Old Testament is a works based system like that and there are many others too.

So what's the problem? Okay so I don't believe in that. I don't believe that if you ever lied or had a bad day or complained about the weather or yelled at your parents that you should never be able to get into Heaven. Okay, I don't believe that. I believe that God can forgive alright?

So, what's the deal? Are you just mad that I'll get into Heaven more easily than you? Cause I just don't understand why people want to try so hard to get to Heaven yet avoid Jesus in doing so. Okay, it's not like I hate you or anything, I'm just saying if you're not into Jesus then Heaven probably isn't the place for you anyway, so people shouldn't worry so much about why "good" people don't go to Heaven while "bad" people do.

I'm just saying it's not really about that. In Christianity Heaven isn't about "good" people or "bad" people. It's just about "Jesus" people and yet so many people ask me how to get into Heaven without believing in Jesus and by just being "good".

Well you gotta do another religion for that is all I'm saying.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

O.k I just got to comment on all that salt and vinegar you just spew because this is one of the major flaws that give a REALLY bad name to Christianity.

See this is the kind of absurdity of that logic can’t just let go unchallenged.
So It is an authority based system! Fine but, how spiritual! So much different from the primitive hierarchic based system of man uh? Makes you wonder who’s really behind the whole thing uh?

It is not just about working good for a reward, it is about BEING good just for the purpose of goodness. Of course good can have flaws, it is just about how the goodness outweigh the bad in the end. What will a bunch of inherently vile beings do in heaving just because they fear some God’s superiority complex anyway?
Why would God risk heaven with a bunch of pretenders? I think God is able to see though fake belief and fake repentance don’t you think?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Why would God risk heaven with a bunch of pretenders? I think God is able to see though fake belief and fake repentance don’t you think?

Umm yeah. I do think that. I always thought that. Glad we agree on that.

You see, that's why I'm not so worried about "bad" people or horrible people getting into Heaven by "faking" at the last minute to ask Jesus for his forgiveness and by faking taking him as his savior to get into Heaven. But then again, remember that it's not about "good" people and "bad" people. It's just about people that worship Jesus. They're the only people that Jesus really has a use for. It doesn't matter how good you are if you don't want anything to do with Jesus right? That wouldn't make sense. What would Jesus want you around for?

Okay but if you're really sorry and you really repent and you really take Jesus as your savior you can get into Heaven. But people always try to throw that in your face. Well, so what Hitler just had to accept Jesus and he's in?

Well someone like Hitler wouldn't ever put himself below anyone else and worship, even someone like Jesus. You see Jesus could see right through a fake like that.

But you try to explain that to people that don't believe and they turn it all back around on you and stuff, but since you're the one that brought up that very point I guess you can't really turn it back around on me.

Okay, so we agree and yet you're saying I'm wrong? Well, we're both saying the same thing here so yeah.

Yeah, it only works if you really mean it and really do take Jesus as your savior.

Okay, so I'm not saying that is real, I'm just saying that's how this particular religion works. Okay so in Christianity that's the trick and people with the "sin" of "pride" if you will where he thinks he knows best and he's the one that wants to be worshiped like someone like Hitler would, without have repented and REALLY turned away from that sin of pride you see won't be able to accept Jesus as his savior and Jesus won't accept that person.

So see that's why someone like Hitler or a killer that doesn't truly regret what they've done and hasn't truly turned away from their ways won't get in because Jesus can see right through it and no they're not actually sorry for what they did.

Okay, but that's just this religion. All, I was saying is that's the way this one works and if someone is unhappy about it that's just too bad because that's how this religion works and complaining about it won't change it.

But also my point is there are many many religions and they don't all work the same and if someone is more interested in a works based system where it depends on how many good works you did, well they're religions like that out there too. So, you shouldn't just be against ALL religion because ONE religion doesn't work like you want it to.

Or like the one person said, they don't want to go to Heaven. When they die they just want to die and that be the end. Well, there's religions like that too. In fact the Old Testament works like that. Okay, your reward in the Old Testament isn't going to Heaven. The reward for doing all the good works and living according to those rules is that you'll be fruitful and have many offspring, but you're still just dead at the end. Not in Hell or anything like that. Just plain dead. So, there's religions like that.

So, if someone is interested in that kind of thing there's a religion for that too. It's just a matter of finding the religion for you or the philosophy for you or whatever.

But what I'm saying is if you don't want to be just plain dead and want to go to Heaven, well I don't know if Heaven is real, but if it is then it's really easy. You just have to accept Jesus. Okay, but if you don't want to do that then you'll have to find some other way I'm saying.

But with all these religions it seems to be that Christitanity makes people the most upset and I don't understand why. Maybe Jesus wasn't really God, but if he real and just a man he was still trying to do the right thing you know, but people get so mad at him for it. He probably just thought he was trying to save everyone you know, but the mere mention of his name and the fangs come out from people? Why, what did Jesus do that was so wrong?

Kind of leads me to believe it's probably the right religion if that's the one the atheists are attacking all the time, but that's just me. That doesn't really mean anything you know.

I'm just saying not all religions and philosophies work that way, but people get so mad at "religion" in general just because of how some minority religion works. And I don't know for sure, but in America it's the dominate religion, but world wide I thought Christianity was actually in the minority from what I remember.

So, it's just confusing that people are always upset and attacking this one tiny little religion over here when most people believe in other religions world wide you see. It's just strange don't you think?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by tinfoilman]

[edit on 1-8-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

but i was thinking about why we dont have proof of his existence and if Jesus ever existed.

I believe there is:

www.thedevineevidence.com...
www.leaderu.com...

Why not do it in a time in which humanity was so far evolved they developed tv, radio and internet? That way he could lead us the way and people could film it, and through the internet the whole world could know about his lessons and miracles in an hour. Then there would be no doubt he was indeed the son of god and telling the truth. Everybody would be a believer and live life by the commandments.

For him to have come in the age of television, radio, and Internet would mean He would have only come in the last couple of decades.

But there is something more important here and I'm guessing one of the reasons why so many will be deceived by the Antichrist. The AC will be able to take advantage of modern technology. He'll be all over TV, radio, and the internet. He'll also perform miraculous signs and wonders that the entire world will witness. Then, the world follows after him because his supposed abilities will be undeniable.

I don't always know why God does things the way He does but television and the internet, although great, isn't everything and technology could be used to spread the great deception Jesus warns of in the New Testament.

And even if He had, the skeptics would still be in denial claiming it was CGI, slight of hand, or something like project blue beam.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I am constantly amused by people that think that they are smart enough or wise enough to judge God on matters of intelligence or wisdom, when they themselves are under the same spiritual retardation that has afflicted all mankind through the fall.

The truth is that we are limited in our understanding of higher things, period, and they just do not make sense to retards like ourselves. Yet the scriptures are clear that Jesus came into the world "in the fullness of time". That statement alone justifies God in sending Jesus to Earth at the most perfect "time" that could be determined.

As far as "hard evidence" of the existence of Jesus; it is hard to prove that someone lived when their grave is empty isn't it? The scriptures are our guide book, it says that when Jesus arose from the grave He was seen by over 500 witnesses. Evidently it was enougth evidence at the time to complete overthrow all the entrenched Pagan religious system of the time and literally "turned the world upside down". There is evidence if you know where to look.

But God ordained that the greatest evidence of the reality of Jesus Christ would be witnessed in the changed lives of believers who had been translated from the Kingdom of darkness to the Kingdom of light. That is where to find your evidence. If it still does not exist, then perhaps you have never met a real Christian like myself whose life was completely changed and made new by the Love and life of Jesus the Christ.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

"The funny thing about believers is that if Jesus came back tomorrow no one would believe him. He would be ridiculed in a media circus and then thrown in a mental institution."

How do we know that didn't happen in the first place? Stories can change over time. Still, it is interesting how many biblical stories have real meaning to them if you think about it that way. Of course, I prefer the special effects hollywood versions myself.

I still can't understand why such a supernatural being would disappear and leave us so fast. Maybe he was like the traveling salesman.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Christ came into our world 2,000 years to mark the end of the Age of Aries and the beginning of the Age of Pisces. This is an astronomical fact and not fantasy or mystical astrology. The transition between the Age of Aries and the Age of Pisces also marked out the beginning of a 25,000 year cycle. for it was at this time that the Vernal Equinox, the first day of spring, aligned with the first degree of Aries. Through the procession of the equinoxes we are now on the cusp of the Age of Aquarius, the man bearing the pitcher of water, where the power of the people as a whole is becoming the most powerful voice on Earth.

His appearance back then and his reappearance today is part of the great Plan of God. A plan that we may not always see the full picture of. There are those that say that Christ never did actually leave us during the last 2,000 years but has been actively working, behind the scenes and through His disciples and "Masters of Wisdom", to bring about a liberation and a revelation for Mankind, the likes of which we have not known for a very long time. Such a task surely could not happen without preparation and in the fullness of time. Humanity was not ready for such a revelation back then. We are now, however, ready for the influx of light. "Let Light and Love and Power restore the Plan on Earth"

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

O.k. I admit I was going to throw the Hitler” curveball at ya!

It is a strong argument indeed!
Finally, What I’m trying to get at, is even from the religious perspective, a lot of atheist/agnostics might happen to be the good Christians at the end.
Exploring their universe in search for truth may lead them to the belief naturally(should there be one) and it’s not going to be the bastardized Bible version.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by Exv8densez]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Wow there is a lot you did not think through.

Media: "CRAZY MAN URGES WAR TO END
'Not Patriot', says President"

Youtube of Jesus: OMG LOL SO OBVIOUS CGI

Preaching about peace: pfff you pussy you just cant fight

No religious wars?
"I say Jesus preached love and kindness!"
"I say He preached peace and tolerance, you jerk!"

Tabloid: JESUS AND PRINCE HARRY NEO-NAZIS?

Technology: giving people an excuse for stupidity

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

Yeah and so I don't have anything against atheists or people of other religions or anything.

I just hate hearing certain things that are based on not understanding why the religion works the way it does. They just hear "how" it works and start attacking without knowing "why".

It seems a lot of people attack it because they understand how it works, but they don't understand why it was written the way it was. But there's confusion because most religious people even don't understand why certain things are the way they are in the Bible.

I wasn't trying to sound mean and I'm not saying the religion is correct because I don't know. I'm just not going to sugar coat how it really works because that's pointless. You either like it or you don't.

But I'm not saying if more people understood the why behind the Bible they would necessarily agree with it, but at least they would understand why the people that wrote it thought the way they did and and maybe realize that regardless of if they were right or wrong at least they weren't just trying to be jerks. They had reasons for thinking the things they did and it wasn't just because they were jerks.

But sometimes it's just easier to attack the messenger and label them jerks I guess.

[edit on 3-8-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I think God is NOT Yahweh.

As for Jesus, I think they chose 1st-century Israel because the Jewish people are nomadic and powerful, and thus the message could get out about him.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
Wow there is a lot you did not think through.

Media: "CRAZY MAN URGES WAR TO END
'Not Patriot', says President"

Youtube of Jesus: OMG LOL SO OBVIOUS CGI

Preaching about peace: pfff you pussy you just cant fight

No religious wars?
"I say Jesus preached love and kindness!"
"I say He preached peace and tolerance, you jerk!"

Tabloid: JESUS AND PRINCE HARRY NEO-NAZIS?

Technology: giving people an excuse for stupidity

Everybody comes up with these kinda comments but i dont get it.

If J.C was here and doing his "magic" it would be undeniable.
They can say CGI but he would perform his miracles with people watching in real time. Those people spraid the word and soon people cannot dismiss it as CGI anymore.

Furthermore, i guess J.C has something special. I think if you see him you would definatly know he is J.C. You would feel it in every cell within your body. Something divine.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I think this leads to a conclusion of an athiest viewpoint being the most plausible.

Every way you look at religion, whether from a philosopical, scientific or even a spiritual viewpoint, you can only conclude that there probably is no god. If you close your mind to the limits of organised religions being the only perceived world view, then the effects are the opposite of enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
delete

[edit on 14-8-2009 by john124]

posted on Aug, 14 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The Gnostic Christians believed that the true creator god is so immense and complex that it is completely unfathomable and incomprehensible to human beings, and doesn't even exist in any way we could understand. This thing (that is not even a "thing") doesn't interact with us, and praying is a complete waste of time.

They also believed that our existence is the result of a very powerful entity by the name of Saklas, who is a false creator god, full of jealousy and hatred and what we recognize as paranoid schizophrenia. The Gnostic Jesus taught that the only way to deal with this insane entity was for people to be nice to one another, and try to lessen the horror of this existence as much as possible. Not a bad idea, really.

Check out the Gospel of Judas:
Gospel of Judas - Wikipedia

It could turn you into something of a Gnostic yourself.

[edit on 14-8-2009 by Nohup]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join