It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, is he just plain Dumb or is he simply not what we think he is?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Maybe G-d's ultimate plan is to keep mankind alive. To keep man from destroying himself. Love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek. Do these ring a bell?

You ever notice how our solar system is like a perfect nursery?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i think the guy in the bible who was talking to moses - i.e. yahweh - was an alien. and god was originally gods - plural. hence - i am a jealous god, dont worship other gods (aliens) except me. the god that did all the stuff in the old testament was definitely an alien w a ufo in my opinion; and one of many aliens /'gods' around at the time.

the 'real' god... could maybe be, as those remote viewers/channellers say: some sort of universal 'force' - the positive side of the force? (like in star wars... use the force, lonestar...)

i think there is a force, ... of love...or goodness.
maybe its this 'one' -we are all one - situation that people talk about...

thats not to say that the alien god talked about in the bible didnt create humans. i think he probably did, using genetic engineering. who knows how advanced aliens can be. maybe he did also create the earth. perhaps they can build planets even. (book: who built the moon? from amazon).. serious mainstream scientists are considering whether the moon is artificial... let alone mar's moons... so from that point of view the alien yahweh, is kind of like a 'god' if he creates planets and humans etc... but i think hes just an alien scientist personally...

maybe there are different spiritual realms/dimensions associated with the light side of the force, or however its called...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

As I was reading your post, I immediately thought of the Chariot of the Gods book and how the author said Jesus rose up in a cloud of smoke and referred it to a space ship.

anyway,

If one believes in god, is one so arrogant to believe that one is the only thing to be looked after? The universe is infinite and Earth is not even a spec on the grand scale. Forsaken comes to mind rather than dumb.

Say you are this so called god, you create the heavens and the earth, you create man and animals and all other sorts of things that occupy this planet. You create the Galaxy, the stars, Billions upon trillions upon infinite celestial bodies. You are now so far away, lets say 999,999,999,999,999 so called light years away from Earth. You take a break and look at your masterpiece, can you tell where you put the first paint stroke? would you really want to know, or would you just marvel in the work you have done?

That is one extremely hypothetical question/thought, but things change, you start out with a thought and soon it develops into something larger than you anticipated.

Maybe, just maybe. this so called god does see the bigger picture, and placed Jesus here when he did for a reason, when man was not influenced by the things we are influenced by today.

You see how people act when they see something that is unbelievable? its called skepticism. So why would god place Jesus here today when he knew people would be the way they are? You have so many people telling you that he exists, you have so many saying he does not.

In a sense you could say that all this technology is the working of the so called devil, you now have so many people advocating, one does not know up from down. So you see in a sense it would be pointless for god to place Jesus here today because he would just be labeled insane and for those who followed him and witnessed what he does, you would still have people that were not there and say it was not real. You see how they make Hollywood films, well how can you prove to me that what your showing me is not special effects?

I would love to believe that there is a god, that I came from a thought from something rather than think I happened by chance and just some how evolved into what I am today.

There is so many things that got me questioning the existence of god, and so many things that have many questioning evolution.

The thing that makes me think neither creationism or evolution happened, is us/we/humans.

In the end, we will either be a short lived memory, or we might just go on to another part of the puzzle. If we are just a short lived memory all I can say is wow, what a waste. Its up to you, believe or not believe, think what you want to think, don't let influence be the reason you believe or do not believe.

Back on topic, God, is he just plain dumb or is he simply not what we think he is? or maybe he is smarter than you and I can comprehend in this life? or maybe, he/it/him/her does not exist?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Because the story of "Jesus" was created in ancient times where science was non-existent, and people believed things fell to the ground because they wanted to "get closer to Earth".

Can we all face it? There is no such thing as God. Why in the world would God show himself in the past, and not show himself to a world now? If he did it then, he could do it now.

Case in point, rainbows: The mark of peace between Man and God. It appeared after The Flood as a sign of God's mercy.

Presently, rainbows: Light being diffracted by moisture in the sky into its main 7 spectrum after rain.

Many things in the Bible are just outdated, dramatized, and mostly-fictional accounts of events that happen in daily life, created to explain things and to give life a "special" feeling for people to appreciate how "special" they are (back then, no notion of aliens, remember) and currently, used to control people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
thus, if this God really WERE an alien, then yes, that is very much plausible. Maybe panspermia DID occur. But things like Noah's Ark? The Apostles that sprung forth? The Pearl that was bought in exchange for all earthly possessions? Fictional accounts at best.

Previously: the rainbow notion? Creation as in "being made in 7 days"? Scientifically not even plausible. THAT is without doubt, open minds or not.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

you know, we may be anthropomorphizing god too much. god isn't human you know...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by reject]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

God, is he just plain Dumb or is he simply not what we think he is?

Faith, or belief in God... any God, is just one symbol of humility and a recognition that man is not the master of the heavens. It recognizes our own imperfections and through faith, seeks to find a path to the end of life's journey without falling into the grip of arrogance, greed or any of the many other human malignancies.

Now, I will be the last person to preach to anyone. People get really nasty on this subject, even here at ATS. One member here at ATS in particular (no names) has a an avatar that depicts Christ as a monkey on the cross. There's no reason for that kind of display except to incite and insult. One doesn't win hearts and minds with a slap in the face and intelligence doesn't need to prove itself with such cheap tricks.

Oh well, be that as it may...

Just as there are no laws of science that immediately prove the existence of God, there are none that preclude that existence either. It is an experiment in trust (or faith) that, if worthy, pays off handsomely in the end. On the other hand, if the atheists are correct and there is no God, then it all just ends in darkness anyway.

Peace __/|\__

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Autowrench:
I think you are trying to put a human face of that which we call "God." "God," for all effects and purposes, is not like we humans think "he" is. As far as the one who people think of as "God," I am talking about the God in the Old Testament now, is an alien being, probably an Annunnaki. Clearly the God of the New Testament is a spoiled child. The man known far and wide as Jesus, the Christ, was not a God, nor was he divine in any way. Just my opinion here.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

I dont really need literal proof, but the fact is that because of the absence of that proof, people kill eachother, people start wars etc etc etc.

If God had send Christ to us in this time, there would be no absence of that proof and then there would be no wars over religion, there would be no muslims like Binladen that try to violently force other people in believing what he believes... The world would have been so much better.

By sending Christ to us 2000 years ago, He did not create what Christ stood for, in fact it made sure that people started to fight eachother over it, ending up 2000 years later where humanity is on the brink of total-self destruction.

I just think that is a critical mistake which a God like humanity think he is would not make... I think we have the wrong idea about the god from the bible.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
This site it littered with people who follow the popular conspiracies such as the "Zietgeist" brigade. The version of Christianity that Ziegeist and similar knock down is a creation of Satan designed for this very purpose.

Popular culture is littered with corrupt Bible translations, 'newly discovered' Gospels, Da Vinci theories et al, and all manner of subtefuge to try and lead people from the truth of Jesus Christ - and it seems to be working.

Conspiracy theorists will eagerly grab these ideas, thinking that they have found out the 'truth' behind the Bible, whilst in actual fact have fell directly into Satans trap. Many, in their arrogance, will then look down at Bible believing Christians as though they now possess superior knowledge and that, as such, anyone who carries on believing in the Bible hasn't yet seen the truth. There are doubters in the Bible - it really isn't nothing new!

If anyone takes the time to study the Bible for themselves, they will arrive at the conclusion that the Bible (I reccommend the KJV) can only be the work of God himself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Essentially you are asking the question Why? Why is it so hard to make a connection with God? Why does it seem like the world been cut off?

Let me tell you the reason I figured out. The problem seems to have been John the Baptist. Because of this statement made by Jesus Christ.
Matthew 11

11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.
12 And from the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent take it by force.
13 For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.
14 And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

What's the problem? These verses in the book of Malachi.

4-5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

From what I can see the problem was that the job of Messiah was to be a 2 person job. Herod in killing John the Baptist invoked the curse of Malachi 4-6.

Then the trick was figuring out the details of the curse. And after figuring it all out the details are these.

Book of Hosea. The Jews and Israelites were to face a 2000 year top level Leviticus 26 curse. As such the world is cut off waiting for the curse to end. And when does it end? Best guess based on 2 prophesies I would say May of 2028 at the latest. 18 years and 9 months to go or a little less.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by ntech]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i certainly(troll) wouldn't want to not derail this thread w/ only(troll) the best of intentions, but what kind of mental illness is (troll)this ?you never post about anything else.very(troll) odd.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
i certainly(troll) wouldn't want to not derail this thread w/ only(troll) the best of intentions, but what kind of mental illness is (troll)this ?you never post about anything else.very(troll) odd.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by randyvs]

What do you mean? Because i rather read, think and philosophize (is that the right word?) before i post i am mentally ill?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
He wouldnt send his son when the ish hits the fan that wouldnt be smart. He would send his son before all the technology begans to ADVANCE AGAIN SMH @ KNOWLEDGE TREE BEFORE LIFE TREE. thAT WAY HE CAN REGATHER HIMSELF RIGHT around when humans become ripe.

The lord never has to prove anything to you, so he doesent on the other hand the beast is willing to bring fire from the sky just to minipulate the ignorant who he know will follow his every move if he just provides visuals for them LIKE OH WOW LOOK A UFO THAT MUST MEEN GOD AINT REAL FOR WERE DID THEY COME FROM SMH again. Causing a extreme down spiral of the human spirit. Fortunatly some of us can produce enough spirit for all who are worthy until they come alonge.

Also real test if you go to a prison right now and you say to all the lifers you can go free but if you mess up again 1 lil time its immediate execution trust me a large percent of them would str8ten up and still possess the wants to act how they wanna really act the fear is hidding the true self within them.

Simular to you knowing or having proof that god exist you are gonna act a certain way just cause you know he watchin you, but if you are a smart creature as the creator is you will let us all run blind and see who naturally walks towards your direction for they ae naturally worthy. AMEN

[edit on 7/30/09 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There are too many religions in the world. I think it arrogant of people to think that their religion or path is the one truth, and everyone else in the world is wrong. We all came from the same source no matter what you wish to call it. We are all here in this human form, all make mistakes and are not perfect, but we try to be the best we can be. So much is lost in our lives when we are separated by our belief systems.

**If you live a life of love and compassion, that is what is most important.** In its' simplicity, it is profound.

Yes, religions are coloured with personal baggage and cultural bias. But the truth and the path remain the same.

Religions are created when an attempt to describe this truth is formulated into doctrine and dogma. But the truth and the path remain the same.

Religions need not separate, but if they do they must either change or pass away.

There is such a thing as the absolute truth, but it can only be realized by walking the path of enlightenment.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez
Yes, an almighty, omnipotent, omniscient being should’ve known we’d be left with misguided with the confusion of misinterpretations.

Jesus should’ve had some power that could stand the test of time, not just word of mouth.

It is the 21st century and we are STILL talking about Jesus.

Multitudes of people attempt to follow and spread his word...and look...right here we have a thread to discuss the relevance of having him appear in contemporary society as opposed to our distant past.

The story of the life of Jesus does have some staying power, I'd say.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands
Like i said, everybody would believe in Jesus and God if they saw him on the news broadcasts, if they saw him on lets say youtube, if they saw him perform his miracles with their own eyes. There would be only one religion so nobody would have to violently force someone to believe another religion.

Uh no that's wrong. According to your logic everybody should believe in ghosts, demons, aliens, and psychics too. Have you not seen all those things on TV?

Does that mean all those things on TV are real? No of course not. Even if Jesus was on network news you still wouldn't believe in him. You'd call him a fraud anyway.

It didn't matter when God sent Jesus. You're either going to believe in the story or you're not.

In fact, does it not make much more sense for God to have sent Jesus to do his miracles before CGI and special effects were invented? Now, you'd just say BS. That's computer generated. Didn't really happen. Duh, why would he send Jesus now? In fact you'd probably get the opposite of what you'd expect. In today's world nobody would believe it. They'd put it on the science fiction channel even if it was all true, you'd never get anyone to believe it. Just like the UFOs that are all over the sci fi and discovery channels and YouTube now. All over the place, hardly anyone I know believes in that stuff.

In fact, the more of you saw on TV the more likely you are to not believe in it.

We live in a time when nothing can be proved or disproved. Doesn't matter what evidence you have because some stupid "scientists" are always constantly arguing about it. So, in the end we don't really know nothing. No matter what you believe in some other scientist will tell you, no your beliefs are wrong. Think again. But then some other scientists says no he's wrong, we're right. Who to believe?

For example, let me ask you about alien space craft. I'm sure you've seen them on TV a thousand times. Can you say with 100 percent absolute certainty that cannot be denied that they're real or not? No, of course you can't. I guess it doesn't do much good to have them on TV does it?

It's all what you BELIEVE. It has nothing to do with video tape footage. We have plenty of that for ufos or ghosts or whatever. People still don't believe in it. The question is DO YOU PERSONALLY BELIEVE IT or not. It's all based on faith.

Now I'm not saying you should believe in anything that I do. I'm just saying you're going to have to make up your own mind here.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Talking/wondering about it is just what we should do, though I'm afraid it's not going to be enough to implement religious doctrines. Remember that the son of God MUST be sheer perfection. He probably didn't look like, act like and think like your typical imperfect human. How many people can handle sheer perfection really! Look at the fighting just over the race of Jesus. So what if he was black or white or gray or all those in one? What if he even looked a little androgynous? Could we accept his supernatural abilities? How many can follow such compassionate teachings of his?

The logic in the Jesus story may have been a way for God to restore the connection between the mortal and the divine.
Unfortunately, I personally think that if Jesus were to return today, he'd be in danger of crucifixion again, unless he had a very powerful B.C.

Seriously, like I said it is something that is going to have to prove itself.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Congrats, you have pointed out one of the most obvious logical inconsistencies in the Modern Christian belief system

A few more good questions unanswerable by those who take the Bible literally:

If God is All Knowing why did he create Lucifer/Satan in the first place if he knew Lucifer would betray him and fall? If he knew Adam and Eve would disobey why leave them in the Garden unattended with the forbidden fruit? Why plant the forbidden fruit tree at all? Why would an All Powerful God who created the entire Universe decide to disseminate his truth in only one Book and one religion and damn the rest of the world to Hell for their beliefs? Why would a perfect God create flawed beings and then curse those beings (and all those being's descendants for all time to be born with sin) for their mistakes? Why would God allow the teachings and religion of Jesus to be used for some of history's greatest atrocities (genocide, war, crusades, inquisitions, repression, oppression, tyranny, etc).

I believe at the heart of Jesus's teachings (whether the man actually existed or not, his teachings certainly did) was the idea that you didn't need a middle man or all the rules and rituals of religion to commune with "God". You didn't even need a church! This idea was dangerous and subversive to the religious establishment of the time and that is why they killed him. Then the Romans took over his teachings when Constantine had his "vision" of the cross, he perverted and twisted Jesus's message and there you have it - Modern Christianity.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My only real problem with religion is it's lack of logic. Does that imply that logic was invented by the devil? Put here to confuse me even more than the bible has been able (7 days? - Incestuous race? - Eternal Damnation?), thus ensuring I'll never attain a state of belief? Have I been cursed by the obvious illogical nature of it?

What if God is almost completely silent? What if everything everyone has ever been indoctrinated by (including the bible and quran) has been some evil or just plain uncaring entity's doing? What if God lies within the deepest reaches of your soul - that tiny almost completely silent voice telling you something is right or wrong - that tiny hint of something telling you, "You know this is not the right thing to be doing." - that almost non-existent feeling of knowledge that everything around you may be meant to hurt you in some way, but that surviving it will somehow be to your benefit. What is that voice telling me that simply be-ing is my purpose? What would the unfeigned and sheer relief of death be without the trials and tribulations of life telling you how much of a luxury it may be.

What if the body is nothing more than a life-support system for the brain - the container in which our true existence resides?

In my opinion, one of the worst things about religion (as I learned when I was 5 or 6 yrs old) is that you can live your whole life in the most deplorable kind of wrongdoing, and as long as you have the opportunity or wherewithal to ask for "forgiveness" right before you die, you automatically get a free trip to heaven, "for that's all that God requires". "Give yourself to him, and you will be saved." They've asked this of everyone who has ever been killed by the penal system...as if a clergyman was their only doorway or path to retribution.

I don't know about you, but if I was on Death Row without even hope of ever being free, I think the very act of killing me would be nothing short of the most humane thing a person could do to me. It would be an utter relief, and I would respect the person that pulled the switch more than anyone else in my entire life's experience. Indeed, life would be a fate worse than death. I might even feel that presence of God in that moment, no matter what my religion or non-religion.

To me, this is where the true God lies...in the sheer elation, joy and bliss of being set free - of being given the reward of finally resting in peace - of no longer having to be concerned with any problem at all because it's simply not your responsibility anymore.

ok...n'uff venting.

Enjoy some silence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join