It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God, is he just plain Dumb or is he simply not what we think he is?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I do not want to offend any religious people, but i was thinking about why we dont have proof of his existence and if Jesus ever existed.
Then this hit me:

If God is an almighty, everlasting all-knowing being, the creator of everything that exists and will ever exist, than how is it possible for him/it to put Jesus Christ on this planet 2000 years ago?

He is all-knowing, so he must have known that if he did it 2000 years ago, there would be no proof of the existence of Jesus Christ in a time like this which is crucial.

Why did he send his only son to Earth in a time there was no TV, no media, no internet?
Should an all-knowing being not know that that woud not work?

Jesus was sent to Earth to teach us how to live life. Why not do it in a time in which humanity was so far evolved they developed tv, radio and internet?
That way he could lead us the way and people could film it, and through the internet the whole world could know about his lessons and miracles in an hour. Then there would be no doubt he was indeed the son of god and telling the truth. Everybody would be a believer and live life by the commandments. There would be no wars (over religion), there would be no hunger, because we would have taken care of all people in the world instead of only ourselves, there would be no crime etc etc.
Why? because we all seen Jesus Christ with our own eyes and we would all have believed in what hey said and talked about.

But no, an all-knowing being which created everything sends Jesus Christ to Earth in a time people used only their mouths to spread the news. Did he not know that that would cause people to divide? Because one does believe and another didnt? all that leads us to where we are no, a war-horny species that enjoys killing, that fight continental and global wars for religious reasons?

Tell me, isnt that just plain dumb and stupid? He is said to be all-knowing, so why didnt he know that sending jesus to Earth at this moment, with all our technological evolution, would be millions of times better?

Like i said, everybody would believe in Jesus and God if they saw him on the news broadcasts, if they saw him on lets say youtube, if they saw him perform his miracles with their own eyes. There would be only one religion so nobody would have to violently force someone to believe another religion. Everybody would live by the commandments because they all saw proof of god and Jesus' existence. In other words, humanity would have lived in total heavenly peace.

So whats the deal here? Can a god make such a huge mistake to send the messiah 2000 years to early which would cause total chaos like Earth and Humanity is in now?

Or, is he simply not an all-knowing creature? Could he be just some scientist from another planet that, at that time, was way more advanced than we were 2000 years ago? Or could it be there is no God at all?

I mean come on, i just cant comprehend a being like humanity nowadays portray God to be could make such a crucial and huge mistake. It just can not be possible. 2000 years to freakin' early!

My guess is God is a scientist or maybe even some kind of politician or king from another planet. I think the true God is not the God of the bible and not a person at all but is some kind of energy from which everything got created. The god of the bible is just a powerfull person from another planet.

God created man in his image? First of all that is only possible if god has a body, which would make him an alien being, because body's are only vehicles for a soul. God does not need a body in heaven so there was no image he could create man to look like. God speaking to Moses from a silver metallic cloud which got surrounded by fire? Come on dudes think logical, silver metallic, in the sky, surrounded by fire? Isnt that just some craft that enters Earths atmosphere? Hell yes it is!!
Jesus rising up to "Heaven" on a "cloud"? Why would he take his body with him to heaven and why would he rise up alive? There is no way of getting to heaven with a body, because heaven is not a place you can travel to, heaven is another dimension you can only reach when not constrained by a physical body. That, and the "cloud" part led me to believe he rose up to some kind of spacecraft.

Virgin Mary giving birth? A virgin getting pregnant? Nowadays we can do that too thanks to science and medical advancements. We couldnt do it 2000 years ago but we can now.. So why shouldnt aliens be doing it, 2000 years ago? According to abductee story's they still do it now, to create hybrids.

Hmm, hybrids.. Look at Jesus his powers and the miracles he performed.. He could have never done it if he really was only human.. That means mary must have been impregnated by someone that had these powers... a very advanced alien being that evolved way further than humanity?

I will say it again, it is impossible for an almighty entity like we portray god to be to make a mistake that huge and critical. If he really is an almighty being whe would have send Jesus to Earth 2000 years later then he supposedly did.

The true almighty god, is just an energy source from which everything and everyone originates, and he.it would have never made such a mistake. It would never ever even make a mistake at all.

So, the God of the bible is an alien person from another planet or the bible is just a fairytale-book which was made up by humans that wanted to be in power by scaring other people. If you tell a kid that he or she should listen to you because otherwise some angry purple telletubby would come to eat him for desert they will listen to you because they are scared.. so why couldnt people, 2000 years ago, use a god and hell to control others by fear?

PLEASE DONT MIND GRAMMATICAL OR SPELLING ERRORS, ENGLISH IS NOT MY FIRST LANGUAGE. HOPE I WROTE THIS IN A WAY PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT IM THINKING. IF NOT, ASK AND I WILL EXPLAIN IN DETAIL ABOUT THE PART YOU DONT UNDERSTAND.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Me thinks that if anyone responds you are going to hear the word "faith" an awful lot.

As in, God wants to make it hard and really, really vague so you don't really have any proof.

That way he knows you love him because you are willing to put all these pesky little facts and science aside.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Everything is not what we think it is.

You have two options from that:
1) Think again
2) Stop thinking

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I don't have much else to add to what you said. I just had to say that you are spot flippin' on!!

S & F

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I started reading, but had to comment before finishing.

A conclusion that I personally have reached is that Jesus WAS here to teach us how to "live". We have to change our inside thinkings in order for our current civilization to succeed. There is something that we ALL have to achieve in order for chaos not to happen. We are on the brink right now, but I personally believe due to the internet, and sites this this, we can converse together to change how we view this world that we share.

Jesus can to tell us this, baiscally. I have christian parents, who recently have stopped going to church due to the fact that churches and religion have been overcome by evil people. People who pretend to know god and jesus. But atheists have it wrong also. There is a God. He did, in a way create us, and we are a part of God. But in creating us, God was also letting us go, if you will. God, the Universal one, that created the universe, gravity, atoms, Everyting, is not our baby sitter.

So get used to God not coming in the save the day, this is not what this creation is about. It is more about our self will, and our will to live together in diplomacy and peace. WE have to want it, WE have to do it. God is just watching, and I personally would like to put on a good show of what a Human can do.

There is not church on this planet that has the right God. They all have a taste of God, but not the whole thing. Religion is a man made concept that has nothing to do with God. Its cliche but, You have to find God yourself.
God is there. God might talk to you through your thoughts, God might not,

But God will not intervene on this planet or any other. We bring destruction upon ourselves with our energy we produce. We all need to reach the right energy balance to "fix" our civilization or else, it will all start over again, like has happened before. Let us together, get it right this time.......

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
You understand that God is not the Christian Religion, that the concept of an all powerful creative entity is by no means forcefully and forever linked with the jesus mythos you have been fed in order to keep you docile ?

If you need proof of God look around you, if you can't see it yet fair enough, one day you will, in this life or another.

If you need validation of christian mythology well I can't help sorry.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We get it already, God isn't real and those who thinks he is are not fully functional.

I keep hearing how you guys who don't believe are always getting railroaded and preached to by Christians and yet almost every thread I see about religion or God is started by an atheist who is trying to preach at Christians on how wrong they are or that they aren't as smart as Atheists.

Hypocrites, all of you.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lellomackin
Me thinks that if anyone responds you are going to hear the word "faith" an awful lot.

As in, God wants to make it hard and really, really vague so you don't really have any proof.

That way he knows you love him because you are willing to put all these pesky little facts and science aside.

I actually see it as the opposite of faith. We are here to find out who or what God is, not just to believe in him.

It's all about the journey, 'cause without the journey you cannot really know where you end up.

The expansion of awareness that Christ experienced is the same spiritual revelation that all of us will experience. In time.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Neo__]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNetherlands

Jesus was sent to Earth to teach us how to live life. Why not do it in a time in which humanity was so far evolved they developed tv, radio and internet?
That way he could lead us the way and people could film it, and through the internet the whole world could know about his lessons and miracles in an hour. Then there would be no doubt he was indeed the son of god and telling the truth. Everybody would be a believer and live life by the commandments. There would be no wars (over religion), there would be no hunger, because we would have taken care of all people in the world instead of only ourselves, there would be no crime etc etc.
Why? because we all seen Jesus Christ with our own eyes and we would all have believed in what hey said and talked about.

The funny thing about believers is that if Jesus came back tomorrow no one would believe him. He would be ridiculed in a media circus and then thrown in a mental institution.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Hi Netherlands,

It all comes down to faith, whether people wish to hear that or not.

I don't mean simply saying you "believe" either. Faith is always personal, and whatever avenue you take to arrive at that point is certainly a part of the joy in discovering God or any sort of spiritual guides...and having put your faith in the path chosen to be set before you to continue your journey forward. No matter what you discover your faith will be a part of that spiritual relationship.

But who says you need literal proof of Jesus' existence in order to believe in what he stood for? Who needs literal proof of the existence of any spiritual figure in order to feel the truth in the guidance they seek to bestow through the written accounts of their earthly trials?

Now personally I don't believe the typical Judeo- Christian account of the life of Jesus was anything more than an often-used allegory, nevertheless I do see the meaning behind it. You can find similar meaning in the holy/spiritual figures of most religions, even in most of the simplified mythical beliefs of our ancestors.

From what I understood most of the aspects of Christian faith Jesus spoke of wasn't always something he had to literally show to his followers. He also spoke of things they did not see. The point wasn't to constantly prove the glory of God to man in a literal fashion, but to establish a faith-based belief in the kingdom and its principles.

It is sort of a starting point for your own personal discovery.

I personally think the time to establish such spiritual metaphors and allegories are best suited for our past. If applied correctly it helps to establish a relationship between man and the spiritual world for the following generations.

Perhaps waiting for the commercial video-game cynical age of man to send down a spiritual figure would have been a moot point if they had no reference to any sort of "faith based" belief system prior to the arrival and relied solely on the "concrete" as proof of anything they chose to invest their belief in.

According to the alleged account of the life of Jesus, not many fully appreciated what he stood for when he was right before their eyes. He was in the end put to death in a most grizzly manner.

Would we even recognize such a man/woman in our present or would we also put them to death as cult leaders or political threats to established powers?

I don't believe having Jesus show up on CNN to do an interview would suddenly solve all the worlds’ problems. Not everyone believes he is the Son of God, and once again it all goes back to faith.

Trying to disprove the religious/spiritual beliefs of the faithful is an exercise in futility in my opinion.

- Lee

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
There are too many religions in the world. I think it arrogant of people to think that their religion or path is the one truth, and everyone else in the world is wrong. We all came from the same source no matter what you wish to call it. We are all here in this human form, all make mistakes and are not perfect, but we try to be the best we can be. So much is lost in our lives when we are seperated by our belief systems.

**If you live a life of love and compassion, that is what is most important.** In its' simplicity, it is profound.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I always interpreted " a wicked generation asks for a sign" as a comment to how personally in touch people are with the creator around them. The more distractions we have (like, these days?), the less proof we will see, and the more we will demand. repeat.
The more one demands something it cannot see, the more frustrated one will get, which clouds vision even more.

I've heard that any proof of God cannot be shared except within oneself. Maybe you need to just find your own instead of say, googling it?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

Oh nicely putted question.

I don’t think you were being patronizing hypocrite at all. I think its just common sense kicking in.

Yes, an almighty, omnipotent, omniscient being should’ve known we’d be left with misguided with the confusion of misinterpretations. Jesus should’ve had some power that could stand the test of time, not just word of mouth.
Then again, why did God have to make the Christ in the flesh when most religions are basically at war with the flesh?
Maybe it’s just a cruel way to test faith or maybe the sun is(of) God or maybe..????

This is just something that is going to have to prove itself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Uplifting, and highly relevant.

"My Country is the World, and my religion is to do good." - Thomas Paine

One might think this pretentious, but I think it honorable.

This man below hasn't a malicious bone in his body.
To each his own, but IMHO, this kind of knowledge deserves more attention.

Enjoy

EDIT: The video I was lookin' for.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by lagnar]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I think the real spiritual realms are much more complicated than simply God and Satan, Heaven and Hell, Scripture and tradition.

I think the real Gods have their own Gods to worry about while we have our own. I dont think the one divine source of everything is something we can even come close to comprehend, at least not yet.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Le Colonel

Although I liked to think of myself as a “fervent” atheist I almost completely agree with you!

Unfortunately, those evil people who are the loudest to speak in God’s name are really ruining the whole concept.
Maybe the concept is much larger than any human nuisance but still.
I can’t think if I’m the employer of a company that I would chose or let the worst employees to represent what I stand for.
I think I’m gonna have to step up and clear my name at some time don’t I?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheNetherlands

You know, it's been said before -

Trying to understand God rationally is like trying to put the whole ocean inside a teacup.

Not very likely to say the least ...

Anyways, life can be a journey which may teach us the way to merge with that ocean just like a raindrop does when it falls from the clouds ...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
The belief in a supreme creator/being, is almost a cornerstone of our existance.
Almost all cultures believe in the Isness, in one way or another.
If indeed there were a creator, then the creations calling such as dumb is really a reflection on those that ask that question.
If one were to dig into the depths of the human condition, experience, and understanding, one would realize that we don't know a heck of a lot.
If one were to believe in a creator, then it should be from their own discovery as to the possibility of existance. MANKIND has been cramming religion down the collective throats of humanity, all in the name of.
Discover on your own, the potential. Don't listen to these meager creatures, who think they know everything, but really know nothing but control brainwashing.

Church, HA!!
Religion, HA!!
All MAN MADE!!

Discovering your own answers, PRICELESS.

Some people may go their entire lives, and never find the answer they're looking for. Perhaps it was better they didn't. The kept looking though.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
God must be just as screwed up as we are,
if man truly was created in the image of God.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I know you don't want to hear this but I agree faith is something that you have to have in believing in God. I personally think God is more then just this guy in heaven who is demanding we be good or go to the firey pits of hell. I think God is all around us, he is the life force that allows our souls to be here. I think a lot of these stories that you hear in the bible are more of a way to show how to be good, almost like fables to me.

The reason why God wouldn't have Jesus come in this time period is very simple, who would believe him? Even if he made water into wine we would all think it was some kind of trick. Back then the technology wasn't available to do stuff such as that, people could honestly believe. Where is today, if you want to find Jesus, look in any downtown in any major city, there will be one person with mental issues claiming to be Jesus. I was in Toronto once when this guy on the streetcar advised us he had Jesus in his hand. It was a banana. Even if Jesus himself walked up to me, I don't think I would believe him.

As for the virgin birth, personally I think Mary was pregnant by someone, and was an unwed mother. But the church didn't want Jesus' mother tarnished after all he helped Christianity have more of a following even though Jesus was Jewish. So I personally believe someone higher up in the church actually came up with the story that Jesus was born of a virgin birth. Back then things such as that would probably be believable. Do I think Jesus was the son of God? Well we are all children of God. So yes I do, but I think Jesus was just wise beyond his years, and may have been able to do mystical things. I also believe that Jesus didn't die on the cross either but that's a whole other thread. lol

I think really with religion the only way you can find answers is by educating yourself and learning more and more on different religions. You can't lie to yourself, so these answers will come to you. Its hard to have all the answers when religious men still hide a lot of information and a lot of information is hidden from the public.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join