It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people associate Freemasonry with Satanism? Seriously?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Okay honestly...
I've read lots and lots of stuff on here about how Freemasons 'worship Lucifer' and all that nonsense.
Now, I've known a lot of guys who are Masons, and I've known a lot of card carrying members of the CoS, and not once, not ONCE have I ever known of a guy who is both a Mason and a Satanist.
Plus, I've also noticed that most of the people who claim that Masons worship 'Satan' are not only NOT Masons themselves (although for some reason they claim to have greater insight into what Freemasons do than the actual Freemasons themselves) but are also right-wing Christians who are quick to condemn anything not of their value system.
Now, me personally, I am a card carrying member of the CoS, and I've gone to great lengths to research 'Luciferianism' (which is NOT related in any way to Satanism) and other pseudo-intellectual groups who consider themselves akin to Satanists and Freemasons and I can honestly say that from what I've discovered (or not discovered, as the case may be) that there is NO DISTINCT CORRELATION between 'Luciferianism', Satanism and Freemasonry.
Now, I'm not going to indulge you in what I may or may not have learned, but I want to know why so many people out there are so convinced that Freemasonry is 'Satanic' and why you (because you know who you are) think that one has anything to do with the other.
Freemasonry, which in my understanding, pre-dates modern-day Christianity (and therefore pre-dates Christian Satanic philosophies) is NOT considered a religion, but rather a simple fraternity, and...actual Satanism (as defined by the CoS [and is consequently considered a real religion, complete with a section in the US Army Chaplain's manual]] has nothing to do with Christian theo-political views of an anthropomorphic devil.
So, I ask you, in all seriousness...what does one have to do with the other?
Or is it just another attempt by the Christian right to trod on believe systems that are not of it's own creation?
I want to...nay...I DEMAND to know...why do people associate Satanism with Freemasonry?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I saw a Youtube video smuggled out of Turkey about a 32 degree Mason becoming a 33 degree. It showed a ritual in which a goat was being sacrificed inside a broken pentagram. The pentagram is the seal of Solomon and it's on the Moroccan national flag. A broken pentagram with sacrifice I believe is used to summon demons.

Maybe it's stuff like this that has people associating the secret society with Satanism.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Solomnic Demonology has nothing to do with actual Satanism though.
But that's a good start.
I'll get around to watching that vid in a day, so I'll likely have much more to say on the topic.
I appreciate your contribution to the thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
the difference between satanism and free masonry is that satanism is a belief system and free masonry is based on freedom and all that it entails and freedom is fact so it is not to be believed in is is to be known

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Well, here's the thing...
The pentagram is not the Seal Of Solomon.
A pentagram is just a pentagram.
The Seal Of Solomon is an entirely different symbol.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Why do people associate Freemasonry with Conspiracy Theory?
It's similar like being a member of a golf club........What's conspiratorial about that?

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I believe it originates with a guy called Leo Taxil who, back in the 19th century devised a hoax expose' detailing the Baphomet worship of the Freemasons. He later confessed to his hoax, but he had everyone believing him up until then, including the Catholic Church.

Similarly to the blood libel myth around the Jews, people without any concern for the truth, and probably with agendas of their own, just kept repeating the rumours until it became "common knowledge".

Go to the Secret Societies forum here on ATS. You'll see a wealth of fearmongers who keep propagating the Freemasonry/Satanism myth. It's like the anti-Islam clowns on this forum.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The pentagram is the Star Of David flipped. Much like a swastika is just a peace sign flipped.

My opinion is that the deepest scet of freemasons, which are out for New World Order are the spirit of anti-Christ. And therefore are labeled satanists so that the daily masons who have no idea what the ageda of the true masons is can doubt it and be blinded.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
whats that stuff writen in the army manual O_o.
and yea people think that couse most of us think that high ranking rich masons secretly meet and make rituals and have baphometic religion or something

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by daysofnoe
The pentagram is the Star Of David flipped. Much like a swastika is just a peace sign flipped.

No. Actually, the pentagram is a five-sided star, whereas the Star of David is a six-sided star.

My opinion is that the deepest scet of freemasons, which are out for New World Order are the spirit of anti-Christ. And therefore are labeled satanists so that the daily masons who have no idea what the ageda of the true masons is can doubt it and be blinded.

It's really great that you've relayed this as your opinion, because a lot of people try to put forward similar views as "fact". I'm guessing that you have absolutely nothing to demonstrate your view, though. Just a hunch, right?

Originally posted by Stillalive
and yea people think that couse most of us think that high ranking rich masons secretly meet and make rituals and have baphometic religion or something

...and there's the Taxil hoax for ya. Repeated ad nauseum without thought as to whether it might actually be facetious (as Leo Taxil himself admitted).

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
So we're going to argue about the sign ?

What about the damn goat ... what's the argument for that ?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
What goat?

There are no goats involved in Freemasonry whatsover. Not in its symbolism, nor its ritual or verbal charges. I challenge anyone to find a credible source which indicates otherwise.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Here is the deal.

For centuries, Freemasons have insisted that as free men, they have the right to meet behind closed doors with only their membership present. They have further insisted that what they do behind those closed doors is the business of only those who are members. Priests and Mayors, Bishops and Congressmen, Popes, Presidents, Kings and Prime Ministers have all been told, usually in terms so polite as as to be termed invitational, to mind their own damn business by Freemasons.

To some people, anything that happens behind closed doors about which they know nothing must be evil. The closed doors in question may be the doors of a Masonic Hall or those of your bedroom -- but the busybodies will want to know what goes on in there or they will just plain make it up.

For a very long time, Freemasons simply refused to respond to this kind of idiotic nonsense, allowing the stature of the Fraternity, it's very generous charitable work, the respectability of its membership and its history stand as the only arguments in opposition. This, however, only served to make the unreasonable and mentally deficient convinced that silence is equivalent to guilt. Consequently, the Fraternity in the last several decades has begun to pander to the public information mill to a greater and greater degree.

Personally, I support a return to silence. Those who would equate a desire for privacy with evil -- I can't see it so it must be Satantic -- are not fit material for the Fraternity in any case. And the continued "defense" of Freemasonry only encourages them.

However, despite this, as you can see, I still find myself on ATS trying to tell the simple truth about an organization about which I know a great deal more than any of the people who make claims of conspiracy. Thus, I find myself being more-or-less a part of the self-same problem I just complained about.

Food for thought for me, if for no one else.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I grew up in a town which used to have a fairly large Masonic movement, and I have to say that the people I knew who were Masons were among the most upstanding, civil and philanthropic people I've met.

It's a dying tradition, sadly, and in my view one of those "pillars" that has kept our civilization on the straight and narrow.

A lot of the suspicions about the Masons and their activities arise from fear of the unknown and jealousy in my view.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roark

No. Actually, the pentagram is a five-sided star, whereas the Star of David is a six-sided star.

It's really great that you've relayed this as your opinion, because a lot of people try to put forward similar views as "fact". I'm guessing that you have absolutely nothing to demonstrate your view, though. Just a hunch, right?

Duh, I feel stupid for calling it the star of David. I knew it was six sided, I get confused sometimes. But, a pentagram with the point upward is a very Christian symbol.

As for Masons: The Order of the Eastern Star, a fraternal organization associated with Freemasonry, has employed a point-down pentagram as its symbol, with the five isosceles triangles of the points colored red, blue, yellow, white and green. This is an older form of the order's emblem and it is now more commonly depicted with the central pentagon rotated 36° so that it is no longer strictly a pentagram.

So now that that is out of the way... There are no facts either way to demonstrate anyones views of Freemasons, because they have hid so much. So, it is not even worth talking about, just let it unfold, let the new world order fall into place, because it is all Bible and it is a sign of the end times.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The idea that Freemasonry was somehow satanism comes from the Roman Catholic Church. Since Freemasonry in earlier 17th century form was largely Deistic and rationalistic, the Church charged it with casting off the "necessities of religion".

Go figure.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The what is the what?
A pentagram, which, by it's very definition, has FIVE points...FIVE...where as the Star of David has SIX (in order to count that high, you'll need your other hand) sides. So, in being 'flipped' as you so eloquently stated, how would a pentagram gain another point and still be considered a PENTA-(meaning 5)-gram?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Soooooo...
It's been almost a year and still no conclusive evidence has been brought to light, eh?
Hmph...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
1)Most people dont know the difference between satanism and luciferian belief.
2)Most people are weary of ANYTHING shrouded in secrecy
3)There have been enough historical accusations to make it stick(not saying its true, but how many times do you have to hear the Richard Geare-gerbil story?)
4)Masons in the passed HAVE claimed as much.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Vaast
So we're going to argue about the sign ?

What about the damn goat ... what's the argument for that ?

baphomet has nothing to do with freemasonry.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join