It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

911 caller in Gates case says she's glad truth is out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

911 caller in Gates case says she's glad truth is out

www.usatoday.com

The 911 caller who reported a possible burglary at the home of Harvard scholar Henry Louis Gates said Wednesday she would make the call again if she had to.

"If you are a concerned citizen you should do the right thing," Lucia Whalen said. "I would do the same thing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
www.boston.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Grocery Store Employee Catches Purse Snatcher, Gets Fired
Allegations of racial profiling after Harvard professor arrest

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Apparently, the woman who called Gates in was out to lunch and someone near her brought the suspicious behavior Gates was displaying by, what appeared to be, trying to break into someone's house. She didn't know it was his house, nor did she even know who he was.

She only mentioned his race after she was asked by dispatch.

My point is that, [url=once again once again, someone is paying a heavy price for doing something right. For looking out for the welfare of others.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's a topsy-turvy world we live in.

Down is up. Wrong is right. Left is right. And on and on.

Let's have some beer.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Gates and Obama have set Race Relations back a decade or two with this nonsense. It did give us a window into Obama's true mindset though. The statements Obama made before admittedly even knowing the facts were absurd. He picked sides without any information, kind of like signing Bills he has not read.

Not to mention how petty it is for the President of the US to even get involved in a local matter.

It was time for a Black President, just not this man.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

No, its worse than that. Time to uncork some good whiskey.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I absolutely agree. White Americans voted for Obama not because they wanted to elect a black president, they voted for him because they felt he was the more qualified candidate for the job.

Lets not have any illusions about this, without white voters, Obama could never have gotten elected. But now with all this non-sense, I think Obama is starting to alienate those same white voters.

I can see the 2010 midterm election game plan. The republicans will parade around the white fire fighters from the Sotomayor case, the white cop from the Gates thing, sound bites about the US not being a Christian nation, etc.. and they will make a big come back in the congress, and then in the 2012 election, a real facsist - one who will make Bush look like a liberal - becomes president and we are all in trouble.

People were saying that it was Bush's unpopularity that helped Obama to get elected. Well I would like to see how far to the right the pendullum will swing after this angry black communist is done in three and a half years.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
its amazing when black people are racist, no one is allowed to call them racist otherwise the accuser is called a racist. Obama is really a sleazy guy. remember when he never heard an anti american anti white remark in that church for 20 years? yea i believe that one Obama. He is ruining race relations.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I agree that Obama shouldn't have even commented on the matter and in such a biased way. Does that prove he's racist? I don't necessarily think so. I think he was just trying to, very stupidly, act like he's "in touch" with blacks.

No president should ever have commented in such a way on a matter like that. Now, if the cops subsequently beat Gates, I'd be singing a different tune.

I think my main problem with this whole story has nothing to do with Obama. It has to do with Gates. A woman in the area saw someone breaking in, as far as she knew, to another person's house, called the cops and now Gates is calling her a racist. He should actually be thanking her. What an intruder HAD gotten into his house and he found out know one called the cops because they were afraid of some kind of retribution for one reason or another? Then he'd be angry at her for another reason entirely.

The more stories like these come out, the less people are willing to put their necks out to help others. That is not a world I want to live in.

top topics

join