It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a total collapse

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
reply to post by enteri

I am not touting for free health care I think that bill in its current form will be the death of a free America. in fact I will go so far as to say I hope that bill will get shot down and burn it will do nothing for us.
force all of us to pay once more brining us to the brink just to be pulled back at the last moment it is a circle that needs to be broken. I call for radical change a change for America that our fathers would recognize an America that if Lincoln or grant were alive today would be proud of. An America that I can be proud of! A truly free America! That abides by rule of law and not rule of lobbyist or who contributes more too any one party.

Well, your health care is free so you don't have much room to complain there. So is this America that abides by the rule of law the same one with no government or religion and with super easy lending criteria like you earlier stated? I am trying to figure out how all of this is going to fit together. If there is no government, no law, then how do you define freedom?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish
I would like to know the OP's, or anyone who agree's with the OP, view on how the world should be after a total collapse.

I thought you'd never ask, lol.

I think there are people who think if we have a total collapse, they can just pack their bags and move out of their efficieny apartment into a vacant mansion somewhere, and just watch the world go by.

But that would not sustain life for very long.

In a total collapse, there would be a severe food shortage. So a person would have to go to the country, buy/lease some land, if they have any type of currency that means anything at the time. Then they would have to have farm tools to begin planting crops to sustain them and their family. Of course we are all accustomed to milk and cheese and butter so they would have to buy or barter some livestock, hopefully be able to feed and keep the livestock in good health. We are talking working from sun up until sun down, and even then you just have to pray that the creeks don't rise, or there isn't a drought.

Otherwise you could just hang around a city begging for scraps, which is being patrolled by men in uniform who would probably shoot you rather than go to the trouble of arresting you and having to go through all that paperwork; cops just hate paperwork.

P.S. And your work isn't done at sundown; at sundown you'd have to take a stakeout in a tree where you would have a good view, and watch for people trying to pilfer all your hard work and steal your crops and livestock.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

Seems to me people who don't have the ability or willpower to excel in today's world want to bring it down to their level.

With most people its always everyone else; never them.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

I have done allot with my life I have lived in 5 country’s studied abroad I have worked in places that the average person can't I have had a good life and most of it is due to the army. So to suggest that I am in sum way dissatisfied with how my life turned out is wrong im satisfied....
But I can't help but think that there is more to this, more to life then just being satisfied.
Don't you? Should we not be over filled with what life has to offer, and not just be satisfied?
Should we not have a reset of sorts to even the field a little? And just so you know my credit is good I believe every one has a right to be free not just the rich and the elite but everyone!
This should not be a culture of haves and have-nots! It should be something different something more pure something more than we all are and I can tell you, it’s not something we have now because we are just satisfied. we should be outraged at that we should be striving for more we should be yelling for it at the top of our collective lungs WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD DESEVERS BETTER!

So this reset, how is this going to work exactly? Should everyone just turn over all their assets to the government for redistribution? Is that what you mean by leveling the playing field. That will really stick it to the "Man". I love how you talk about being "outraged" and "striving for more", then later you admit that you don't do anything but the bare freaking minimum at work. What you really mean to say is that you are outraged that sh*t isn't just handed to you simply because you have a pulse.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Xtrozero

once more are you kidding me where is this money you speek of? I posted my w2 I made 24K last year as an e4 and I was in cuba so I got all sorts of extra pay.

so let me break this down for you.

base pay 2127.60
Bas 323.87
BAH 873.00

add that up and you get 3324.47 a month WITH OUT my deductions
lets add thoes up shall we.

FICA-SOC SECURITY 131.91
FICA-MEDICARE 30.85
SGLI 27.00
AFRH .50
PAY RELEASED 307.00
PAY RELEASED 159.00
PAY RELEASED 354.00
PAY RELEASED 53.55
SGLI FAM/SPOUSE 5.50

that is a total of 1643.61

than my alotments
BANK ACCT ALLOT 300.33
US DEBT 28.91
PRIVATZED HOUSING 873.00

and I am a prison guard a 31E I work shift and my day is 16hr's with pt so you tell me how much an hr I make? oh did I mention I work 8 on and 2 off?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by SPC_D]

Did you get drafted? I didn't think so. And where are all of those "pay released" lines going to? I have to assume that those are allotments to various debts that you don't want to talk about. And again, you aren't paying for health care.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by daveinok]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

What does "someone has it worse than you, have to do with being hopeless? Their hopeless, you’re hopeless, it’s all the same to the human psyche, the global consciousness. All you know is how your circumstances that You created are either negative or positive. It’s a state of mind that is the destroyer. If everyone feels hopeless that is How THEY want you to feel! The whole power struggle of the elite is based on how you feel, how it lowers you energy vibration. Lowers mass vibration for more control. The feeling of hopelessness is the ultimate low. When hope is taken away from a people, moral degeneration follows swiftly thereafter. Hope is the struggle of the soul, breaking loose from what is perishable, and attesting her eternity
But truthfully the reason not to be hopeless and have hope is. These Psychopaths - people who don’t feel- they have isolated themselves in a thought pattern of Power. There is no right or wrong, there is simply control and non control (elitist) They are stuck in time, they don’t have some special device to look in the future, they know only what they want. They are caught up in the same illusion as you are. To an extent.. What scares people I think is the fact that you feel suppressed in this existence and you fear that you might be headed to eternal damnation also. So while in this existence, you do not know why you are here only then to realize a certain demise of your human form only then to head on to somewhere else you have no clue about. And that place might be eternal damnation. So you feel everything is #ed. But everything is not #ed.
Even a human father cannot stand the cruel thought of roasting his own son alive for very long. How could we think a Divine Father who has infinitely greater love than us throw his own children in into an eternal fire forever? If there is no longer fear of Death, than there is no longer fear in life. The word “hell” is from the Anglo-Saxon Root “helan, to conceal.” The Greek root is “Helios, sun or fire.” A benign Father could never eternally burn a soul made in His own image for its temporary mistakes on earth. The idea of eternal punishment is illogical. Man’s unforgiving wrath against the evil actions of his brothers has created this misconception of eternal hell-fire. Creation is woven in the very fabric of the universe.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
On the one hand , I agree, let the world burn and start over, but at the same time, if we let our civilization collapse over something as pathetic as our obsession with economy, then screw it, I'll burn the world myself

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

"Vicarious"

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be like;
Killed by the husband
Drowned by the ocean
Shot by his own son
She used the poison in his tea
And kissed him goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun 'til someone dies

Don't look at me like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother
Holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky crying
Why, oh why?
'cause I need to watch things die
From a distance

Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
You all need it too, don't lie

Why can't we just admit it?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
Neither the brave nor bold
The writers of stories sold
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance

You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
Drawn on grave and ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmittal
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I ©tool

When I was talking about watching it all go down while eating chetos and drinking coke I was making a reference to this song.

No I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions and how dare any one belittle me for them. I asked or your thoughts on them not a psychoanalysis.
Agree or disagree that is it a friendly debate to call me retarded is well quite silly. And Dave to answer your question all thoe deductions, yes they are to pay a debt apparently you have to pay child support for kids who knew?

And to answer another question that was asked.
I see the world as Tyler Durden did. The quote is in the original post.

and once more I am entitled to live my life the way I see fit and I am entitled to have the opinions I have I am an American its my right to do so and to not be berated by you people. I think I struck a nerve some ware made some of you uneasy I don't care if my logic is flawed, because it is mine I own it and if I wish to express it I will at any time and any ware I see fit.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
You want total collapse?
Don't worry - it's on it's way.

I wonder if you'll wish you'd have been more careful what you wished for.

Though I do understand how you feel, believe me. I, too, sometimes think "I don't care how bad things have to get before they get better. I just wish it'd happen already so the renewal process can begin."

I think most everyone wants the same things: To be free, to be safe, to be stable and to make a life for ourselves and our families.
Hopefully one day that will be possible for all of us.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Literally everything is wrong with this world. How could this even be turned around? It might not happen, we might destroy ourselves sooner than later.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Miran

Star for you! listen I do stand by what I said a 100% it's how I feel right now in this moment tomorrow may be different but right now that is the state of mind im in, I wish it would just all get flushed away it is my opinion.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

And I don't fault you for feeling that way. One of the quotes I use all the time is "Never apologize for your feelings. When you do so, you apologize for truth."

In the world we live in, we're all bound to have moments where we'd rather it all just be over, whatever "being over" happens to mean.

I hope you find your sense of optimism again soon. There are still good things and good people out there! : )

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miran
To be free, to be safe, to be stable and to make a life for ourselves and our families.

Well I kind of think that is how my life is right now, so I would say I like it as it is...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

When I was talking about watching it all go down while eating chetos and drinking coke I was making a reference to this song.

No I am entitled to my thoughts and opinions and how dare any one belittle me for them. I asked or your thoughts on them not a psychoanalysis.
Agree or disagree that is it a friendly debate to call me retarded is well quite silly. And Dave to answer your question all thoe deductions, yes they are to pay a debt apparently you have to pay child support for kids who knew?

And to answer another question that was asked.
I see the world as Tyler Durden did. The quote is in the original post.

and once more I am entitled to live my life the way I see fit and I am entitled to have the opinions I have I am an American its my right to do so and to not be berated by you people. I think I struck a nerve some ware made some of you uneasy I don't care if my logic is flawed, because it is mine I own it and if I wish to express it I will at any time and any ware I see fit.

Hey big fella, show me where you have the "right" to not be berated for your opinion. I think that maybe we could clear up a lot of your misconceptions if you would start by reading the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. In regards to your child support, it's called responsibility pal. Do you not understand the flaw in your argument about living below the poverty line? You are there because of YOUR choices. You are right about one thing though, this is America and we are free to think however we wish. It just so happens that I think you are a f*cking moron, which we both agree is my right. If you don't have thick enough skin to take some criticism then you probably shouldn't be posting on a message board. You may think this is a friendly debate, but I happen to think that your lazy, just do enough to get by while complaining about the wealthy, attitude is what is destroying America.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Never too late
Three Days Grace
This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong
Who would have guessed it
I will not leave alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like
It's not too late
It's never too late

Even if I say
It'll be all right
Still I hear you say
You want to end your life
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
Maybe we'll turn it all around
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late

No one will ever see
This side reflected
And if there's something wrong
Who would have guessed it
And I have left alone
Everything that I own
To make you feel like
It's not too late
It's never too late

Even if I say
It'll be all right
Still I hear you say
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late

The world we knew
Won't come back
The time we've lost
Can't get back
The life we had
Won't be ours again

This world will never be
What I expected
And if I don't belong

Even if I say
It'll be all right
Still I hear you say
Now and again we try
To just stay alive
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late
'Cause it's not too late
It's never too late (It's never too late)
It's not too late
It's never too late

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
[edit on 5-8-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Aug, 6 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
We need a total collapse and rejection of the old economy.

If we make it so that it's the 1980s/1990s again, we will just repeat the same old mistake. This economy is dead!

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hey SPC_D,

Sending me a private message telling me that you are "going to find me" probably isn't a very good idea. What exactly did you mean by that message? Are you going to physically show up at my door, or are you just going to "find me" on the internet? Since you have already stated that you are posting from a government computer, you might want to be more careful with what you post.

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As it turned out, we had to settle for less and got total ----pse.

www.philly.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

You know...I feel the same way. I'm not violent so I'm not about to go unibomber, but this world, all this stupid technology...it isn't right and it depresses me. It's all BS. Credit cards, houses instead of teepees, processed foods, cars, blah blah blah noise noise noise

I have that weird feeling too like I was there was a way to "reboot" the whole system. We went well past a sustainable level of technology. When people in art and movies picture "heaven" it looks like pictures of ancient Greece or Rome. Maybe that's for a reason. Maybe that is the level of technology we should have stopped at.

I want something big to happen. If aliens came and said we'll drop you off in a start up world, even knowing I could die from lack of survival skills it might be worth if for a day of quiet nothingness.

Then again...there wouldn't be books and I do like books.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join