It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a total collapse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
omg this has gotten waaaay off topic!!! (prior serv now reserveslol) i listened to tool while i was reading the thread....which is friggen great btw!
tool has amazing way of putting together theyre music and am glad theyre here....we need more bands like tool...maynard was in the army byw too fyi..... we need a TRUE change nowdays.....im very thankful for what ive got right now and its only me and my gf and our babey thats on its way.....the phoenix needs is coming and things are going to get really crazy and its going to be interesting to watch it all go down when that day happens....will people go with the changes when theyre handed theyre ticket stub??? or will they actually take the time to think for themselves?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Listen I know I only get 479 every 2weeks so that is that. Paid well? I really wish it were so I am done with this now I have shown you my les and my w2 from last year it proves I only get 479 a pay check so im right your wrong and that is that go be retired somewhere else.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

It will be a show indeed one can only hope that the impact on us will be kept to a minimum. But some how I doubt it. and I love Maynard to he is a true army success story! he left an e4 and look at him now!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
e-4? i coulda sworn he was trying to be an officer at the acedemy??? idk but im pretty sure...and that song he did on undertow wich was how he knew someone that had broken the officer code of conduct not to lie cheat or steal?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D

Listen I know I only get 479 every 2weeks so that is that. Paid well? I really wish it were so I am done with this now I have shown you my les and my w2 from last year it proves I only get 479 a pay check so im right your wrong and that is that go be retired somewhere else.

Not to beat a dead horse..but where does the extra money go? You didn't show the deductions of your LeS and that Les is not a standard month for you have a lot of accounting adds and minuses, plus a W2 only show TAXable income. For me that was about 55k even though I actually made 95k as an E9.

Remember I been looking at those things for 28 years...

Do you have child support since it did show dependants and now you say you live in the barracks?

But in any case the military pays well compared to the civilian side, and it should.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

you are beating a dead horse and hope the mods see it....

[edit on 30-7-2009 by soldier8828]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Are you retired or ret*rded? I showed my deductions on my les and posted it. Im threw talking to you now. About this and I live in on post housing hence the privatized housing deduction. And I press the ignore button.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by soldier8828

you are beating a dead horse and hope the modes see it....

Lol ok I'll stop, but you posted it ..it just set me off when you say you are making less than min...

So back on point who do you think will be hit the worst? I say middle class will disapear. Middle class, those that live ok but are close to month to month. The poor will still be poor and the rich will still be rich, but we will become lke mexico were there is no middle class.

When you look at a family that lives in a nice house and save 15% of their pay for retirement and likey have one car payment, I would say the majority are only months away from loosing it all.

Who has 4 or 6 months of pay saved up incase they need to go without a pay check for that long...only the rich, and if I had 10 million and lost 1/2 of it I would still be rich. A middle class looses 100k and they are very poor.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Are you retired or ret*rded? I showed my deductions on my les and posted it. Im threw talking to you now. About this and I live in on post housing hence the privatized housing deduction. And I press the ignore button.

I'm just reading the numbers you post my friend, and the far right were personal deductions are listed is not showing...sorry

The bank account allotment and the US loan is not listed hehe....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by soldier8828

Inspired by Bill Murray's performance in the 1981 comedy film Stripes, Keenan joined the United States Army, with the intention of having the G.I. Bill fund his dream of attending art school.[2] By this point, he had lived in Ohio, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Texas.[3] He initially served in the Army as a forward observer before studying at the United States Military Academy Preparatory School (West Point Prep School) from 1983 to 1984. In addition to completing a rigorous math and English curriculum, he ran on the cross country running team and sang in the glee club.[3] It was during his time in the military that he adopted the sobriquet "Maynard" on a whim.[4] He was distinguished in basic and advanced training,[5] but declined an appointment to West Point and instead chose to pursue a music career because of his disillusionment with his colleagues' values[6] and because he knew West Point would not tolerate his dissidence

Maynard James Keenan on the wiki

you were right but he was an E4 I will have to find it in the mean time here is this tid bit.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I feel the same too, somewhat. I'm reminded of a southpark, where kyle tells the emo kids to try living in a third world country.
I think the problem tho is not about feeling sorry for oneself about one's situation, but maybe it's about trying to and failing to identify the cause of "that feeling".

for me i think it's the lack of trust between people. Or the reason why people are thinking more and more that helping others is in some way futile.

It's a frustration from being let down by humanity, imo.

Well you reach a point where you find that you can make a difference, but at a very small level, which is find. Helping one or two people is great. I came to this conclusion a number of times. Two distinct times was once in Somalia and another time I walked out of a hotel in India and saw a sea of cardboard housing 2 million.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I too was in the military, so don't talk to me like I don't understand it. And in the crash you are describing, the military in the US would cease to exist. So would the TiVo you elude to.

To me it sounds like you have some inferiority complex combined with some anger issues. I would recommend some therapy, cause seeing the world burn won't make you feel better.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

I can agree with you there if we all helped 2 people who than interned helped 2 people and so on would that not be great?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Wow calm down Cpt America, my TiVo would still work we have backup power on post! And good for you...you were in the military
and watching the world burn would make me feel a bit better at least I would not be worrying about it.

I was trying to say that so many times we have come close only to be pulled back and just to end up in the same spot again why not just let it go? That is all im saying that and I like chetos and coke. Oh and TiVo

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

I love tool. That song gets more meaning every day (I didn't use to care for it). And fight club is a great quotable movie.

I've been torn on this issue. I keep going back to how terrible it will be. But the fact is we are just going to continue to get worse as little things add up in the assault on the constitution. It's like the frog slowly boiling in water. We do need a jolt, although I can also feel people waking up and challenging the established order. A restart will be for the best in the long run.

Sometimes the bad news just gets so overwhelming that no matter how bad it gets I start to tune it out. Even terrible things like the government calling every person terrorists seems mundane and normal nowadays. I've got to snap out of this state and slap myself sometimes. I guess it's because I saw the scripting for them to use the islamic terrorist scare to control dissidents, but I'm still stunned and in a malaise that it's really happening.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

once more are you kidding me where is this money you speek of? I posted my w2 I made 24K last year as an e4 and I was in cuba so I got all sorts of extra pay.

so let me break this down for you.

So you live on post with your spouse n base housing?

I'm not trying to argue, just trying to understand... is pay release every month? and what is it? I understand you live on base so they pay BaH and then they take it away. This puts your gross at about 2450, but the 900 or so pay release I do not understand and I have never seen it before. Also there isn't any fed tax which is strange.

base pay 2127.60
Bas 323.87
BAH 873.00

and I am a prison guard a 31E I work shift and my day is 16hr's with pt so you tell me how much an hr I make? oh did I mention I work 8 on and 2 off?

So you work 24 days a month at 378 hours of work on a typical month? I would say you have the worst job in the military....

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

A question I have is this.
How does America get over Obama's cult of personality? This man is popular world wide he is more like a celebrity than the president imo.

And once we break free of it than what? Once America sees what’s really going on around them than what happens? Do we freak or just say psshhh its business as usual on the animal farm.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I can agree with you there if we all helped 2 people who than interned helped 2 people and so on would that not be great?

Ya, my personal evil/good scale is based on this hehe

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by CapsFan8

A question I have is this.
How does America get over Obama's cult of personality? This man is popular world wide he is more like a celebrity than the president imo.

And once we break free of it than what? Once America sees what’s really going on around them than what happens? Do we freak or just say psshhh its business as usual on the animal farm.

It is ending, his rock star status is changing into just a rock. Persoanally I think Obama is very dangerous to America, but for those that want HIS America he is a god sent, so I guess it is all perspective.

Let me ask you a question...what is more important to America?

The guy who builds a business that pay a monthly paycheck to 100s or 1000s of employees so they can live a good life or the guy who does nothing his whole life and lives off min wage jobs and gov support?

Well Obama thinks the second guy is more important to America, but even if he made the rich guy poor and the poor guy rich in a few years it would be back to the original.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Ok I play rock star on the old 360 at a buds house and even I know you hit too many bad cords you lose. So with that I think he will bring himself down in the us HOWEVER with the world he is beloved! Because he apologies for us and our bad bad ways and says
I WILL BRING CHANGE! SUCH A CHANGE, WHEN IT'S OVER THE AMERICA WE KNOW NOW WILL BE DEAD AND A NEW AMERICA WILL RISE! MY PEOPLE CAN'T FATHOME IT BUT I HAVE A VISION AND I WILL NOT BE STOPED! .....until it's to late that is
and by that point his cult of personality wont matter because we will be under lock and key all of us in some form or another.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join