It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need a total collapse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by johnb

YES...YES...AND YES! Who indeed needs any of that crap? I don't nor do I partake in any of it manly because I can't afford it so F it and you know what im better off for it and so is my family! I reed instead of watching cable why? Because I cant afford cable. I can only afford my car payment food and a phone and insurance anything past that goes to old bills I don't have an X BOX nor do I need one. I do have the internet though I will cop to that I have a need to stay up to date on what’s going on.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPC_D
Flush it down. ©tool

I posted this song because it is how I feel lately I want to just watch the world burn, I want a fresh start I want more than anything else for this entire thing we call life to faultier and come crumbling down on top of us.

Why? Becasue you havn't done crap with your life and want some kind or reset. Well my friend there is no "do overs" and there is no game reset so get buzy and make a life in the world as it is now.

You sound so much like the game generation is just pitiful.

BTW I like tool too...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

And believe it or not nether am I.
I hold 2 degrees and I am working on a third its free in the army so why not take advantage I say.

Now

The only people who will suffer are the average Joes because the elite will be long gone by the time any of this happens, but we will be too busy killing each other in the streets to notice.

Oh and suffer we will! All must, I am going to paint you a picture if I may.
Think on this friend.
National strikes the whole country’s infrastructure grinds to a halt the average Joes have had it and now they in mass will show it! record homelessness coupled with being forced to pay the difference on a loan you defaulted on and believe me that is coming soon people being forced to decided to ether pay a bill or eat when all of this comes to a head and I believe it most likely wont ever. however if it does look out if we can organize a nation wide strike a mass walk out the chaos would drive all of them to listen to us it would give the American people leverage to have our demands heard!

However an undertaking of that size is beyond me for I am but one man with a dream.
A dream to be a propaganda minster

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by cloakndagger

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f9ae7bfdf8e.jpg[/atsimg]

That is my check stub if you will I did edit out my name SSN and anything that you could use to identify me to include my bank account number sorry guys. This check is every 2 weeks talk about livening below the poverty line 900$ and something a month by my count that is well below the poverty line

Not everyone in the military makes bank.

Give me a brake dude.... you make 3250 gross with 1150 not taxable. That would put you at 3500 a month or so in the civilian world. Your BAH is based on where you live and so the cost of living would give you more in a more costly area, unlike civilians. That comes to 42k gross per year for being what 4 years in the military? Not too bad…

If you came right out of highschool that would put you at 21 or 22, and if you look around you there are not too many young people making that kind of money. It comes out to almost 22 bucks per hour based on a 40 hour week...better than most of America...

You are spoiled...work for min wage then complain. Make staff and get more money, but hey that would mean you would need to apply yourself more.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I have done allot with my life I have lived in 5 country’s studied abroad I have worked in places that the average person can't I have had a good life and most of it is due to the army. So to suggest that I am in sum way dissatisfied with how my life turned out is wrong im satisfied....
But I can't help but think that there is more to this, more to life then just being satisfied.
Don't you? Should we not be over filled with what life has to offer, and not just be satisfied?
Should we not have a reset of sorts to even the field a little? And just so you know my credit is good I believe every one has a right to be free not just the rich and the elite but everyone!
This should not be a culture of haves and have-nots! It should be something different something more pure something more than we all are and I can tell you, it’s not something we have now because we are just satisfied. we should be outraged at that we should be striving for more we should be yelling for it at the top of our collective lungs WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD DESEVERS BETTER!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Did you not see my deductions? I make 479 a pay check look at my mid month pay. :O oh no what did it say 479$ for 2 weeks that is 239.50 a week I make when I worked for Fred Myers I made more than that.
But I can see you can’t see the whole thing so let me post my W2 for you
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fddb7097569b.jpg[/atsimg]
and as you can see I only made 24K last year that is about 2K a month but this year im not deployed to Cuba so I don't get that extra pay and here is the link to the full paycheck stub I have and I only gross 479 a check so that is 958 a month and 11496 a year that is below min wake friend.

full sized les

full sized W2

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

5 Years in the army friend, my rank is E4 I suppose you would not understand that and that is ok a common mistake I wish I made the kind of money you clame I do because that would just be grate.

oh and for the record im in my late 20's way late

[edit on 30-7-2009 by SPC_D]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
sounds like it's possible you might just feel helpless? I feel that way too somtimes, like everyone's stupid and we've forgotten who we are.

But then I remember that we all have those moments of reflection, and that's what keeps the hope up!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnb
The only sure way of making the elite wake up and listen would be if everyone JUST STOPPED CONSUMING. If somehow you could get everyone to stop buying all the useless rubbish most people sem to think they need.

Agreed and done on my part!

Who NEEDS a giant plasma/LCD/LED tv never mind more than one?

Not me I have a big screen but it was bought at a pawn shop and it's one of the old kind. You know with the plastic crackable cover over the front and it is cracked...thanks to teh morons at the pawn shop, but who's complaining it was cheap!

Who NEEDS a big/sports car never mind one for everyone in family?

I have a 99 clunker mitsubishi in two tones crappily painted by prior owner, paid in full, that was cheap, too!

Who NEEDS a new outfit for every occasion?

HAHAHA
I have hardly had new clothing for several months now and don't have a different outfit for every day, much less every occassion...maybe that's why I never make the job after an interview...

WHo NEEDS lots of jewellery?

Not me, but maybe all those rap stars actually do need there gigantic gargantuan chains...do you chain hang low...ugh awful mentality!!!

Who NEEDS the latest gadgets?

I only have the most outdated cell phone ever!!! And only because that's the only phone I have to get calls for jobs, and for emergancies.

Who NEEDS a label on anything advertising the fact you have more money than sense?

That's easy...only snooty people who think their s*** don't stink...we used to call them preps in school.

It amazes me everyday the rush to buy all the latest crap, someone on TV has told you that you must have.
The 'newspapers' are just full of meaningless tat about who is sleeping with who and generally just promoting the cult of celebrity, the same goes for most of the MSM as it is only there to serve the elite.

All it would take to change this paradigm is for us the people/sheeple to sit down and buy nothing, can you imagine the headlines across the world if we chose a day to act and nobody bought anything but food or other ESSENTIALS.

Right, this is what I always tell everybody. You're absolutely correct! Living with only the essentials is my philosophy!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I have done allot with my life I have lived in 5 country’s studied abroad I have worked in places that the average person can't I have had a good life and most of it is due to the army. So to suggest that I am in sum way dissatisfied with how my life turned out is wrong im satisfied....

So why the reset? I'm like you in I traveled all over the world, 75+ countries, I also lived in France, Germany, Japan, Korea and the 4 coners of the US.

But I can't help but think that there is more to this, more to life then just being satisfied.
Don't you? Should we not be over filled with what life has to offer, and not just be satisfied?

Well I'm not satisfied yet. I have a good life extremely good military retirement with a defense contractor job that pays extremely well, but there is a lot I still want to do, and having everything I work for collapse around me is not part of it.

Should we not have a reset of sorts to even the field a little? And just so you know my credit is good I believe every one has a right to be free not just the rich and the elite but everyone!

So you are worried about less than 1% of the population? You are worried about that rich guy who works 80 hours per week and will die of stress 20 years befoe we do?

Knowing that you are were in the military, can you not say that the average American could do the same thing you did if they just lifted a finger to do it? And just what is freedom? I'm a lot more free than most, but in reality we all are not totally free, and for most their lives are what they have created. What if you didn't go into the military and you just hungout doing low wage jobs your whole life, would be deserve a reset because of your failure?

This should not be a culture of haves and have-nots! It should be something different something more pure something more than we all are and I can tell you, it’s not something we have now because we are just satisfied. we should be outraged at that we should be striving for more we should be yelling for it at the top of our collective lungs WE DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS EVERY ONE IN THE WORLD DESEVERS BETTER!

You are a have...and no not everyone in the world deserves better. Life is life.... BTW what is it that you are lacking that the so called haves have?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
sounds like it's possible you might just feel helpless? I feel that way too somtimes, like everyone's stupid and we've forgotten who we are.

But then I remember that we all have those moments of reflection, and that's what keeps the hope up!!

Anytime I feel my life sucks I just think of those in the rest of the world and things do not look so bad anymore.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Your W-2 says you earned 28,025.12 last year. And you got nontaxable BAH. That's another healthy chunk of money each month that isn't reported on your W-2. Also the other item listed beneath, BAS, on your LES is also not reported on your W-2. As I recall when I was in the army, The BAH was to help me pay for housing for me if I was in an area where there were no barracks, and since I was married, and lived in the barracks, I still got the BAH for my family, unless we all lived in family housing. Also, when I had a tour in Greece, my family remained in the U.S. and received the BAH and I got extra housing money, nontaxable, of course, to rent an apartment in town.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

5 Years in the army friend, my rank is E4 I suppose you would not understand that and that is ok a common mistake I wish I made the kind of money you clame I do because that would just be grate.

oh and for the record im in my late 20's way late

No I understand.. so you started later in life in the military, but you still make about 20 plus per hour based on a 40 hour week. BTW I had 28 year in the military....

Just take your base pay plus BAS/BAH divide by 4 and then by 40... 20 plus per hour.

So how much do you think you should be paid and you should be very close to E5. Once you get into the NCO ranks pay get better, so yes first termer pay is low, but still good compared to the outside. I retired at E9 and made 95k with a retirement/VA payment of 60k per year...not bad for breathing...hehe

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I feel the same too, somewhat. I'm reminded of a southpark, where kyle tells the emo kids to try living in a third world country.
I think the problem tho is not about feeling sorry for oneself about one's situation, but maybe it's about trying to and failing to identify the cause of "that feeling".

for me i think it's the lack of trust between people. Or the reason why people are thinking more and more that helping others is in some way futile.

It's a frustration from being let down by humanity, imo.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

once more are you kidding me where is this money you speek of? I posted my w2 I made 24K last year as an e4 and I was in cuba so I got all sorts of extra pay.

so let me break this down for you.

base pay 2127.60
Bas 323.87
BAH 873.00

add that up and you get 3324.47 a month WITH OUT my deductions
lets add thoes up shall we.

FICA-SOC SECURITY 131.91
FICA-MEDICARE 30.85
SGLI 27.00
AFRH .50
PAY RELEASED 307.00
PAY RELEASED 159.00
PAY RELEASED 354.00
PAY RELEASED 53.55
SGLI FAM/SPOUSE 5.50

that is a total of 1643.61

than my alotments
BANK ACCT ALLOT 300.33
US DEBT 28.91
PRIVATZED HOUSING 873.00

and I am a prison guard a 31E I work shift and my day is 16hr's with pt so you tell me how much an hr I make? oh did I mention I work 8 on and 2 off?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

and as you can see I only made 24K last year that is about 2K a month but this year im not deployed to Cuba so I don't get that extra pay and here is the link to the full paycheck stub I have and I only gross 479 a check so that is 958 a month and 11496 a year that is below min wake friend.

Well lets add 1150 per month for BaS and BaH too since that is not taxable. Add 20% to 1150 and that about 1400 buck times 12 is about 17k add that to 24 k and you have 41k...

The fact that you have deduction that puts you at 958 is your own doing... oh you were deployed..that doesn't show up on W2 either..

So do you think your civilian counter part gets more brakes?

Gross and net are two different things and you are figuring net as gross pay.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I dont get bah I live on post!
and my bas is only 323 a month

sweet jesus man. you must have been air force.

Cuba is not a deployment it is a PCS which means all money is taxed! you fail again

and NO I was just saying I live below the poverty line! god man can we get back on topic please!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SPC_D

Ironic thing is, if this all did start to go down, you'd be the first one whining and begging for help. You'd end up shocked you ever hoped for something like that. You'd sit there and realize everything you bitch about is still easier than life would be in that world you crave.

And by the way, the wealthy and the elite wouldn't suffer. They'd be the only ones with the means to escape it. So in the end you just wished the pain and suffering of billions of innocent people.

There is a term for people that wish for the innocent to suffer......

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Ok CPT America lets debate this. No I won't be whining because I am in the military. I will be doing something but whining well it would be far from that. I would most likely be posted up at work if it all failed and crashed to the ground. Im a big boy and can handle myself.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I dont get bah I live on post!
and my bas is only 323 a month

sweet jesus man. you must have been air force.

Well yes that is why I can figure this stuff out.

ok follow me here....

base bay 2127, with your overseas it shows no fed deductions so you were not paying fed taxes while you were in Cuba. But lets say now you are...

I see no state tax and so soc sec, fed tax, sgli etc is about 500 that puts you at 1600 or 800 in your pocket every two weeksa.

Your LES says 1200 BAH/BAS based on dependants... ok you live in the barrecks now and only get BAS that is 950 in your pocket every two weeks. Now if you add personal deductions.... it is what ever.

Cuba is not a deployment it is a PCS which means all money is taxed! you fail again

Why doesn't your LES show fed tax too?

But in any case your net is 950ish every two weeks with free board.

I'm not sure your point for even just taking your net at 1900 per month that is just about 12 per hour on a 40 hour week. Well above min my friend.

The military gets paid well my friend.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join