It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rebellion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtinguish

First, no I don't. You don't know me so please don't assume that picking up my rifle for a rebellion is my goal here. I've seen enough of that in my lifetime, but will fight if need be.

Secondly, this isn't about Obama, and while 51 percent voted for him, 51 percent are not required to continue to support him or his policies. And likely won't. This does not mean they'll opt for rebellion, but when people become uncomfortable, they wanna know why, and when the government won't come clean on it's collusion and corruption, what do you suppose will happen then?

It's history.

Thirdly, your original post was about Uncle Sam's firepower. I was merely stating a fact, there's more of us, and we have a hell of a lot of fire power too. How you extrapolated anything else from that is not my concern, but I would advise against this sort of projection in the future.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

First, if people stop supporting Obama we still have something in America called free elections. Vote him out, why armed rebellion is even being considered at this point is my concern.

Peaceful change is still an option.

Second, my point on Uncle Sams fire power was not to say armed revolution is an impossible win, but something no one should want to attempt. Your smiley faced response that we have more people was most disturbing and prompted my previous remarks.

Anyone ranting about armed confrontation hasn't a clue to what they are talking about.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Fair enough.

And no, we do not have "Free elections". Good myth though:

Google Video Link

If and when we rid ourselves of this kind of corruption will there be a free republic with free elections.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SchefSalad

yeh, lets put in a 3rd party. this party checks and balances the others and makes sure laws are for the people, not to make laws to fill the pockets for the elite. this has been going on for years. making laws that fit the elite. i say kick the greedy #as. we are sick of you and now you want our bullets to stop you from getting more greedy. so lock your doors, check your alarms and call the police for every bump in the night. we the oppressed will rise up. so go get mr. greedy in your local niehborhood. example; madoff and peoples like him. rise up against mr. greedy in your neighborhood. do it to them, they do it to you. thats how they think. so go get your local greedy p. i. g. persons in greed and do onto them as they would do onto you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

First of all, most of the hardware that would be used on the citizenry is in Iraq. The stuff that they are bringing back is unusable and being cannibalized to keep the rest semi-usable. Very few NG stations and armories have any hardware at all. A great deal of what we sent to Iraq is staying there to equip the Iraqi forces. There have been reports that our air wings stationed here are at an all time low for ability to respond. Top Gun this year was reduced to half the normal class because of funding. Red Star is no longer a viable training mission. Fact is, the citizenry out number and out gun our own troops. There is a reason for all the rush to arm by citizens and it isn't necessarily a worry about an AWB.

Zindo

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I have to ask this again...

Who are the armed rebels going to rebel against? Who are they going to shoot to regain our freedoms and protect us from tyranny?

People that work for the Government? Rich people? Black people?

Who exactly is the enemy that needs to be killed with all the guns that Americans have?

Don't you need a clearly defined enemy, someone that can be identified, before you attack?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Anyone enforcing the "Agenda". The Jackboots, their media mouthpieces, and of course, any paramilitaries that wanna turn their guns on the people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by whaaa

Anyone enforcing the "Agenda". The Jackboots, their media mouthpieces, and of course, any paramilitaries that wanna turn their guns on the people.

Jackboots............who are they? Cops?

All I see out there are ordinary citizens that might have a different idea than yours. You want to kill them?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
FYI: the founding fathers of the constitution were (by todays standards) terrorists because they rallied the public and assassinated officials. (watch the first video below where FEMA explains this)

unitedstatesmilitia.com...

www.uaff.us...

the militias are already banding together and have been for some time

[edit on 30-7-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Yes, but the founding fathers also spent years exhausting every option before resorting to armed revolt.

America is only beginning to wake up. Your jumping the gun to the gun and at this point in time puts you in the wrong.
I find myself repeating the words of John Lennon, "Once you become violent they know how to deal with you."

Don't get me wrong, I will with full conviction pick up arms against enslavement. My guns can only be taken from my dead hands, but as of today this is still America. We have a voice, we simply need to get louder. Leave your guns home...for now.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtinguish
Yes, but the founding fathers also spent years exhausting every option before resorting to armed revolt.

Indeed and in fact we have had ample time as well. The people have been trying to do exactly that since before the 70's. How much longer do you think they'll wait? Another 10,20,50 or 100 years maybe? I'd say we are pretty patient and there is not harm in being ready.

Procrastination only serves to help TPTB as they curtail and remove more rights with each bill and law being passed.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Besides Civil Rights what true movement for change has existed? When have millions of Americans marched peacfully to shut down Washington? What have you done, what options have you exhausted, that your ready to fire a shot? People have bitched for a long time, but no one has done a damn thing.

Grass roots movements have only just begun. American people are only now just waking up.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Even so.

You don't think I know Obama is a trained puppet? You don't think I know Goldman Sach's is running his administration? I'm not talking about the President, forget the president and Feds.

I'm talking about state and local.

We still have a tenth amendment and with the right people in local government, the states can be where a stance is taken.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Did I say I wanted to kill anyone? In war do you really wanna kill the other guy? He has a family, he has friends and people that will miss him. But if he fires at you, what do you do?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by whaaa

Did I say I wanted to kill anyone? In war do you really wanna kill the other guy? He has a family, he has friends and people that will miss him. But if he fires at you, what do you do?

Right, but who exactly is going to take up arms against you?
Who exactly has declared war on YOU. Please be specific. Not just
"Jackboots"

Is it the cops, military factions, other militia people, people of color, FBI, Mexicans, etc?
I sense a big frustration from you. Specifically who is causing you this frustration that you feel the need to take up arms.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Read the first link in my signature. And the read the list of grievances. It's a war already, only it is being fought with ideas currently, and I am happy with that for the moment. When cops have unfettered authority as they do in this country, despite their oaths, it is tyranny. When the government starts calling me a terrorist because I don't want a one world government, it's tyranny. When our money is being spent to line the pockets of corporate interests and taxed more to cover the shortfall, it's tyranny. When two sitting presidents are conducting illegal wars on false pretenses it's tyranny. The war has already been declared my friend. And the people responsible are the enemy. But again, I NEVER said I WANTED to fight. I'm hoping we won't have to. But it seems the more you ignore people, the more the need to negotiate with bullets.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Think votes of individuals mean something? Think all your calls to your representative who doesn't bother to show up means something?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

It is true about the military. Almost half of my BATTALION is behind me. We are all awake. And my unit is not the only one. I know of others in my division, and others in other divisions across the country. There will be a mass separation in the military if they dare try to use us against our own people.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You lost an election, grow up and deal with it.

It's not about who lost an election. It's about the power the administration exercises that it does NOT have. Not matter WHO is in office.

There are no mass gun seizures, nobody has been imprisoned for peaceful dissent,

Remember hurricane Katrina? I do, I remember taking weapons away on a large level, don't say it wont happen again.

Where is the tyranny all of a sudden?

When peaceful protests are deemed "low level terrorism" by the DHS (trust me I know this, considering we were briefed this) and people are intimidated when they do protest, and afraid to speak out, because it has been considered a hostile act by the DHS, and people are AFRAID OF THE GOVERNMENT, THAT is tyranny.

I like how all of a sudden all the people who sat on their behinds as Bush shredded the Constitution and ran amok trying to start WW3 all of a sudden want a revolution because their talk-radio gods are commanding them to...

And I like how self righteous people like you run out of legitimate arguments and just say how we all stood behind bush and now we are crying and blah blah blah, when in actuality, A LOT of people did not see what was happening until very recently, and it's better to wake up a little late than NOT AT ALL like many are doing.

ALSO I like, how a lot of people who say stuff like that just sit there, and say "well, you didn't do anything then, and I'm not going to do anything now" out of spite, and immaturity, acting like kids, pretending that you are un-bias, yet you are still playing partisanship. It's not about right or left, its about our freedoms, and how our own government is stripping us of them.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
With the way things are going I suspect any armed conflict to be quite unlikely, theres a better chance of an economic collapse that leaves the country in smoldering ruins and lawless violence. Unless you have an overwhelming majority of the population on your side to oust the government it simply cannot and will not happen. No 3% or whatever marginal number will win, no matter how hard they fight or how much they want victory.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join