It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Idiocy of the Disclosure Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Greeting Forumerions,

Robert Salas (Capt, USAF, ret and former Missileer ), takes the so-called (UFO) disclosure movement and its proponents to task in his article, "The Idiocy of the Disclosure Movement":

The so-called Disclosure Project apparently has the same objective as Gary McKinnon had when he, reportedly ‘broke-into’ some government computer files: To discover what the government knows about the UFO phenomenon. Both efforts have been met with frustration and disappointment.

Stephen Bassett’s (or Steven Greer’s depending on which one is talking) Disclosure Project has been ineffectually trying to penetrate that door of secrecy since 2001. They have presumably tried to achieve disclosure by enticing speakers (myself among them) to tell as many stories, theories, philosophies, reports, and conjectures as possible during these conferences. I say presumably because these pointless exercises have been so ineffective in gaining serious public attention that one might conclude they were intentionally designed to keep disclosure from happening.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Frank Warren]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
"First, those who would keep disclosure from happening have done a masterful job of keeping the public dis-informed and confused on the subject. That effort has no doubt been aided by well-placed agents acting as interested parties but really promoting ineffectual activities or encouraging true advocates to bicker among themselves or act in disunity."

To be honest, and this is the sad truth, this so called black project government probably doesn't need agents... UFOlogy, by nature, makes people lose their minds an become crazed, and therefore no longer reputable, by the one thing they were trying to investigate in the first place.

It wouldn't take a genius to figure this out and just watch how people discuss the subject. Somethings are better left untouched, and this is one of them.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Great article, very thought provoking. The Disclosure Project has been ineffective, I hope it picks up steam in the coming months and years. I just think that people are "embarrassed" to be public about their personal beliefs.

Mat

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Probably because there is nothing to disclose except witness statements, and some are being released recently. Still more to release though and especially by the US.

Maybe there is nothing of substance to disclose... maybe they know they are around.... but that's about it. I see the logic for not disclosing that until we know more.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If the mainstream press does not report it or cover it then they are yelling in the wilderness and the masses will not hear. In order to get the attention of the masses you need to have a mass mailing on the scale of AOL's cds.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

The activities of the exopolitics/ disclosure characters leave some observers baffled. Salla, Peckman, Greer, Basset and Cannon etc are acting under mysterious intentions. They cite evidence (Meier, McLelland, Knell) that is already established as fraudulent. Is it possible they can be so media savvy and intelligent...and still not check their information? It's hard to believe that some of them are carving a career in the area of UFO, UAP, ET etc and demonstrate no subject knowledge. I don't believe it. I don't believe them. Salas is probably close to the facts here...

They seem to have achieved one probable objective of those who would maintain the secrecy: To keep the public confused and unsure about the subject. The hallmark of these Exopolitics Conferences is generally unsupported statements and conjecture—lots of conjecture.
from article (R L Salas)

Their motivations are up for question. Is it publicity and money or disinformation? Who knows? As things stand, they present themselves as the serious face of Ufology. The media makes it's own choices, but these 'disclosure' faces are always willing to be interviewed and provide soundbites. Between them and the credulous believers, the subject is guaranteed to remain static for years.

I think it's becoming probable that credible researchers like yourself will find it difficult to attract equally credible witnesses and sources. The shiny disclosure agenda is about selling a 'good alien','free energy' concept that I can't help but think will deter many from wanting to talk to researchers. It's guilt by association.

Another disturbing thought is this...where are the younger credible researchers? Who's gonna carry the flag when the vanguard goes 'Ecker' and retires in irritation and frustration? Disclosure Project is UFO-lite, is that all we've got to look forward to? I hope you've got an apprentice to take over in a few years

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Don't you think that if the mainstream were conscious of the fact that the government "know they are around.... but that's about it", then the whole disclosure movement would become moot? The way I think about it is that, the mere knowledge of alien life and possible presence on earth would create a completely new paradigm. That's the disclosure that I want. "we are not alone and we know it...but that's all we know. We are small".

that's what I'd like everyone to understand.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tamale_214
reply to post by john124

Don't you think that if the mainstream were conscious of the fact that the government "know they are around.... but that's about it", then the whole disclosure movement would become moot? The way I think about it is that, the mere knowledge of alien life and possible presence on earth would create a completely new paradigm. That's the disclosure that I want. "we are not alone and we know it...but that's all we know. We are small".

that's what I'd like everyone to understand.

Yes I agree we should know, but I was talking from the perspective of govts in the know from the 40's and 50's. They knew, thought best not to say because they could not guarantee our safety, and knew little about them. And nobody around now knows except for a few retired air-force personnel from Roswell and other bases, and a couple astronauts who believe them.
Many in the military kept quiet without a seconds thought as it was their job to carry out orders.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Good Day CnD,

Originally posted by cloakndagger
If the mainstream press does not report it or cover it then they are yelling in the wilderness and the masses will not hear. In order to get the attention of the masses you need to have a mass mailing on the scale of AOL's cds.

It's not only the "censorship," it's "how" it's reported, usually in jest with giggles, grins and pokes in the ribs etc.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
yes, it will be impossible to disclose this without the help from the ETs themselves ...

GOVERNMENT DOESNT WANT THIS TO GO OUT
why: well, it will proove that they lied about a serious subject and everything they did or do will be challenged

COMPANIES
why: they control everything, they dont want another energy source ... they want to use oil until it is over ...

WE ALL KNOW here that THEY KILL to protect these ideas ... WHAT WOULD HAPPEN if they confirm that they did this kind of things to protect all these secrets ?

people would be so mad that it may trigger some kind of civil war ...

the only way disclosure will happen will be if aliens themselves do that or some kind of FAKE discovery of aliens that they "didnt" know before

everyone is afraid for their families to come foward and talk about this issue ... thats why it will never be disclosed ... this is not very difficult to understand .... I hope you all did thanx

[edit on 30-7-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Perhaps the so called "Disclosure Project" has been a failure - but has it inspired NASA insiders like Aldrin and Mitchell to speak more boldly about what they know?

(imho yes)

Each thing builds upon another - and while Greer is perhaps a poor leader for the UFOlogy movement - new and upcoming leaders in the MUFON and othe UFOlogy communities ARE utilizing the Internet and new communication technologies to build a knowledge base and case record much more complete and sophisticated than those compiled by civilians in the last 50 years.

Although it ie easy to become frustrated with the lack of visibility - I dare say the Disclosure Movement - like the Truth Movement - continues to grow by leaps and bounds every year!

We are closer than ever to Disclosure - now is not the time to stagger but to redouble our efforts and our voices in our local and national venues!

Onward to Victory!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
This is just more propaganda to steer people away from the truth. If there is nothing to these X conferences, they why bother calling it a waste of time. Isn't the person claiming it's a waste of time, wasting his own time by taking his own time out of his day wasting it?

Those who believe, no proof is necessary, Those who don't believe no proof is possible. - Stuart Chase.

Oh Yeah, let remember how NASA told everyone that life on Mars is dead and there is no water on Mars. And this year they finally took their heads out of the Arse and said they found water on Mars.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Frank Warren

They seem to have achieved one probable objective of those who would maintain the secrecy: To keep the public confused and unsure about the subject. The hallmark of these Exopolitics Conferences is generally unsupported statements and conjecture—lots of conjecture.
from article (R L Salas)

This is exactly what i wanted to say in a topic about the ufo conference. Same old stuff and same old stories, that where debunked ages ago. You might think this is done on purpose. People that start to search are finding it is bulls..t (and most stuff is exactly that) and stop searching. Perfect strategy and very smart

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Robert L. Salas
They seem to have achieved one probable objective of those who would maintain the secrecy, i.e., "to keep the public confused and unsure about the subject."

I'm pretty sure even those who know whatever there is to know are uncertain and confused. Frankly, I think people in the field sniping at one another is a bad thing. A lot of what I see and hear, I take with a grain of salt. Of course, I didn't experience the same event Mr. Salas did, so it's not unreasonable for him to take some things personally, but I think his efforts would be more effective if he simply continued telling his Malmstrom story.

Greer may go off the deep end at times, but I think he's done a decent job of bringing attention to UFOs. The NPC conference earlier this year is what got me back into the subject.

top topics

join