It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creating a ufo design timeline?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've recently been reading Flying Saucers--Serious Business by Frank Edwards. (Great title, no?) It's a pretty typical UFO book, but he made one claim that was interesting to me. According to Edwards, there's a clear progression in the design of the UFOs reported.

The earliest reports are supposedly nearly unanimous in describing "cigar-" or "blimp-shaped" UFOs. Starting in the 1930s or so (if I recall correctly), "flying saucers" became the most common reported UFOs. Finally, in the early 60s people began reporting "egg-" or "oval-shaped" UFOs.

Then, this thread claims that recently there's been a rise in triangle UFOs.

Is this accurate? Is it possible to track changes in the shape of UFOs over time? It would be especially nice if anyone knows of any records we could use to get some statistics, and not just subjective impressions.

(For the purposes of this thread, I'm not overly concerned with what UFOs are, or why their shapes change over time, I'm just curious as to whether we can actually establish such a shift.)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
In days gone by, the 4 major classes were discs, orbs, cigar-shaped and boomerang. Now the triangles. Not sure there's any clear linear evolution though. Some of those shapes seen in old paintings look like dead ringers for UFOs photographed in modern times.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The main classes known today are:

Saucer, Triangle, Boomerang, Rectangular, Cylindrical (cigar), Orb (spherical energy looking), Egg shaped, Spherical....

Most common (to my knowledge) are saucer, triangle, and orb.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I think you have a good idea there, I mean... if people have been witnessing strange things in the sky (possibly since biblical times) it does make sense to see exactly how these objects have changed parallel to our sociological and technologic advancements.

That said, true UFO's always seem to be a couple of steps ahead of us it seems.
Before there were blimps and dirigibles, people had reported craft that was similar.
Far before there were any flying apparatus, men claimed to see disk-shaped things in the sky. Fast forward to here and now, and we see triangular craft emerging... just 5 steps ahead of delta-wing tech that the military is starting to employ.

Which makes me wonder, are these things seen in the skies the work of us... or them?
Maybe some are a product of current technology, that the public sector is unaware of?
Or, is there some interaction within our own minds... say a sort of foreshadowing....
Something within us, realizing what we can do... and eventually do?
Better yet, the question would be:

Where does it come from?
Us, or Them?

Cheers,
T minus

new topics

top topics

join