It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck: Obama Is A "Racist"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I heard this on his show today. Here is an article link: Link Here with VIDEO

This morning on Fox and Friends, Fox host Glenn Beck accused President Obama of being "a racist."

The group was discussing the recent Gates controversy, and Beck exclaimed that Obama has "over and over again" exposed himself as "a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture. I don't know what it is..."

What I want to know is: Is it appropriate for us to say our president is racist? What about the fact that Democrats said Republicans were racist for not voting for him?

Are we doomed to be a racist country?

Edit: Added quote

[edit on 29-7-2009 by gravitybender]

[edit on 29-7-2009 by gravitybender]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

Glenn Beck is a buffoon. I'm not a big Obama supporter, he might be a lot of things but he is not a racist. His mother was white, he was raised by his white grandmother, his cabinet and various positions are probably 70% white including Gibbs, Axlerod, Emanuel, Clinton to name a few. For Glenn Beck to say he dislikes whites and white culture is totally ludicrous. Beck's said some outrageous things before, he does it for the shock value to generate attention for his tv and radio gigs, he even doesn't believe half of what he says.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Do you recall Obama tellikng the story of his grandmother and how she would stiffen when she passed a black man on the street because she was afraid? He probably has some deepseated racism. I certainly believe the stating the Cambridge polcie "acted stupidly" was racist.
As far a Glen Beck goes, he uses a comedy, props and strange voices to get his point across. He was on the ACORN thing long before any of the other MSM was.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

nuff said ...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Here is the vid embedded.

For awhile....a few months ago...I thought Glenn Beck was on to something and on the right track....but recently he has gone completely astray from the direction I thought he was going...to the point where much of what he is saying isn't making any sense. I don't know how he can call Obama a racist when he is bought by those at the top with allof the money..including the bankers and corporate elite.

Now everything he has been talking about, including the Federal Reserve...will now be tainted.

I think he believes what he believes....and Obama certainly didn't handle the situation well either....and I believe he has racial leaning

Glenn Beck screwed up this time. It's on par with Kanye West's comments on George Bush hating black people.

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Well I know this wont be a popular post but I feel that it should be pointed out.

The fact is Obama sat in a black nationalist church for 20 years and listened to the racist, misguided, insanely bigoted rantings of Reverand Jeremiah Wright without issue. Not one word.

If Obama isn't directly racist against whites then he surely has a high tolerance for racism from others, and it didn't seem to dissuade him from following the man and attending his church (until it made him look bad during the elections... that is).

This would be the equivelant to a white man sitting in a church that was pastored by David Duke and still, somehow, not being racist or influenced by his overtly racist rhetoric.

Not saying it is impossible, but for any man who does not harbor racist sentiments or ideals it would surely seem suspicious and odd, as most non racist folks tend to not have much of a tolerance for such nonsense.

Just sayin......

Edit to add - and for the record Glenn Beck is an imbecile

[edit on 7/29/09 by BlackOps719]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Is conservative media racist? I'll bet that some are to some degree...but so are most everyone else in this country. Yes, some of us rise above it...but unfortunately it can be a tough fight within ourselves....and this by the way is in no way exclusive by political party which always seems to be done.

Black people can be racist too....and many are...believe me...and for their history of what has happened to them since the beginnings of this country...I can understand that anger.

I expected this kind of stuff from Hannity and Limbaugh.....GB though...the one conservative guy with "REAL" libertarian leanings...he blew it.

He absolutely blew it with this one.

I'd also like to point out...just for S's and G's.....

Glenn beck had a radio caller on his show ask him about the "Obama Deception" movie.

Glenn said he had never heard of it and then said something along the lines of...."My staff is telling me to tell you not to believe that stuff."

I find it hard to believe he's never heard of it....I've even heard advertising FOR IT on his radio show...lol.

He's right about something being wrong with the country...but he's really losing it lately.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

ive gotta agree i mean there are few points he does make but this is definately not one fo them lol

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

The fact is Obama sat in a black nationalist church for 20 years and listened to the racist, misguided, insanely bigoted rantings of Reverand Jeremiah Wright without issue. Not one word.

You're right. It was wrong...no doubt about it.

Now let me tell you what myself and many other people "grew" up with in school.

N***** this...N****** that. I guarantee...even without proof....that most every president has said the word himself...or heard it and laughed along. We had ONE black student in my entire high school. ONE.

I also remember...years ago...getting on my xbox online and hearing nothing but the N word.....and Gay. Everyone was Gay and a N.

======

Black people do this as well and just because someone is president will not change who they are inside....although people can FIGHT IT within themselves...people always look at one another differently and find ways to justify themselves being better than others.

It's the same reason we make fun of the poor...the homeless....the mentally ill...etc.

Color is just another dividing line.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
No, hes not losing it, hes tying together everything that Obama has said and done in his past. Not to mention the people with clearly partisan racial views that hes let come in to his administration......remember sotamayor?(sp) with her racial comments? Someone already mentioned his pastor.

His views on reparations?

How bout some quotes from his book? Say what you want, the wording there is pretty clear. You can say hes just "explaining the black position" but why would he chose to say it like this?

“That’s just how white folks will do you. It wasn’t merely the cruelty involved; I was learning that black people could be mean and then some. It was a particular brand of arrogance, an obtuseness in otherwise sane people that brought forth our bitter laughter. It was as if whites didn’t know that they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”

“Following this maddening logic, the only thing you could choose as your own was withdrawal into a smaller and smaller coil of rage, until being black meant only the knowledge of your own powerlessness, of your own defeat. And the final irony: should you refuse this defeat and lash out at your captors, they would have a name for that, too, a name that could cage you just as good. Paranoid. Militant. Violent. ******.”

or this

Page 85 - When his mother expressed concern about Obama's high school friend being busted for drugs, Obama says he patted his mother's hand and told her not to worry. This prompted Obama to share with his readers a life lesson on how to handle white people: "It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned: People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves. They were more than satisfied, they were relieved - such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

He was talking about his own mother! As Obama said: "Any distinction between good and bad whites held negligible meaning."

So he writes stuff like this, elects people with clearly racial leaning views one of which was pretty upfront about it, and attends a church for 20 yrs thats KNOWN to be slanderous to white people.........really????

Seems to me glenn is just connecting the dots, and saying what people dont want to hear, but already suspect.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

For awhile....a few months ago...I thought Glenn Beck was on to something and on the right track....but recently he has gone completely astray from the direction I thought he was going...to the point where much of what he is saying isn't making any sense.

Me too... and I am black, but Glenn Beck turned me off a couple of months ago after his appearance on "the view" and the way he acted the next day by trashing Barbara Walters. Alex Jones did the same thing for me after the Swine flu incident and his special broadcast. I keep listening after that skeptical but found it to draining trying to disseminate what could be true and what is just a rant of a mad man.

I think the point is to suck you in with the truthful information, so much so that you believe everything they say, and when your sucked in they throw in false information and use propaganda for you to now spread because " GB or AJ said it, so it must be true".

Glenn Beck screwed up this time. It's on par with Kanye West's comments on George Bush hating black people.

I agree to a certain extent, but you have to admit whether George Bush is racist or not, he screwed up in dealing with hurricane Katrina, so unlike Glenn Beck's comment, I think Kanye at least had a point of reference.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

So he writes stuff like this, elects people with clearly racial leaning views one of which was pretty upfront about it, and attends a church for 20 yrs thats KNOWN to be slanderous to white people.........really????

And how is any different than what white children grow up with?

N*****s, Sand N*****s, Wetbacks, etc.

It's all I heard in school...so I guess that makes me a racist too eh? Wait...I guess that makes ALL white people racist.

All of us...no matter what color we are grow up with this. So a preacher did it...how is it any different than what one could here at work, school, or on the street?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by David9176]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitybender

I think Glenn Beck's mission, (whether he's knows or not) is to bring about some bit of information that will break the camel's back and start a race war in this country, if we take the bait. Please don't ask me to provide proof and this is just a theory I am working out right now.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I couldn't agree with you more.

Yet it's not only the conservative media doing this:

Is GOP using race to block Obama agenda? Ya think?

But this is part of a greater internal dispute within the GOP on how to move forward as a party.

www.salon.com.../politics/war_room

www.salon.com...

and related thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's an existential mess over there. Until they get their ducks in a row the likes of Beck, Limbaugh, Coulter, etc, have free reign to fu the GOP br.

[edit on 29 Jul 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by canihavemyvoteback

I agree to a certain extent, but you have to admit whether George Bush is racist or not, he screwed up in dealing with hurricane Katrina, so unlike Glenn Beck's comment, I think Kanye at least had a point of reference.

I agree to some extent as well....but Obama is doing nothing about it either.

By the way...George Bush was and will always be trash in my book.

Would just like to point out as well...what if it gets hit again? People blame those who live in New Orleans as deserving it for living there because of the dangers....but how is that different than anyone living on on the east coast...including those in Florida who is hit by more hurricanes than any other state in the country?

We get another hurricane...a bad one....and we are all in a world of trouble.

Back on topic though....

Glenn Beck, I used to think he was going the right direction and bringing things out that weren't getting reported and bringing his own opinoin to it....but this is just ridiculous.

Does he have any idea the ramifications of what unrest he could bring about in this country?

This is why Obama is doing the "beer" thing with the officers and professor.

Obama didn't apologize....I didn't expect him too...he's just trying to let it go away.

He doesn't want to be seen as having racist tendencies....but he also doesn't want to be seen as apologizing to a white cop....and let's face it...they don't have the best reputation when it comes to racial profiling....although I don't think it was done in this case.

As far as I know the cop was an Obama supporter and was actually in some kind of group against racial profiling.

Starred your post by the way.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

And how is any different than what white children grow up with?

N*****s, Sand N*****s, Wetbacks, etc.

It's all I heard in school...so I guess that makes me a racist too eh? Wait...I guess that makes ALL white people racist.

What you are referring to isn't even remotely the same thing.

We are not talking about two clowns sitting on a stoop somewhere calling each other names, we aren't talking about knuckleheads on Xbox Live mqaking racist remarks or rednecks that you went to school with.

We are talking about the president of the most powerful nation in the world. Someone who's decisions and policies effect us one and all directly.

People calling each other racist names in passing is not the same thing as the fact that the leader of the free world consciously CHOSE to be an active member of an openly racist black nationalist church.

He chose to make a man who is an unapologetic racist and bigot his closest advisor and the overseer of his religious practice.

Im not saying all white people are racist, not saying all black people are racist...quite the contrary. I am simply making a point that Obama's history is undeniably linked to a racist church and spiritual advisor whom he was loyal to for over two decades.

Remember, it's not what you do or who you associate with when people are looking....it says a lot more about a man by looking at who he freely chose to associate with when people were not.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Glenn said he had never heard of it and then said something along the lines of...."My staff is telling me to tell you not to believe that stuff."

I find it hard to believe he's never heard of it....I've even heard advertising FOR IT on his radio show...lol.

I don't believe that either. I think that is has something to do with the fake AJ/Glenn Beck beef. I don't know what's going on with these two, but somethings doesn't seem right. I have seen GB talk about stories that I have read on prison planet almost as if he read the stories straight from the website. AJ mentions Beck allot, but not in reverse. This could for a number of reasons. But I think that GB stays aways from AJ (so much so that he will lie about the Obama deception) because if he mentions AJ I think people will start to put dots together and wonder what their true relationship to each other is.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The most idiotic thing about the whole thing.....There are many faults with Obama's policies....for one he was bought by the banks..Goldman Sachs mainly...and he himself is in bed with the corporate elite although many on the left don't want to admit it or just ignore it completely which is something they rail against conservatives about.

So why call him a racist? Why is it even necessary? There are plenty of things that he is doing that is unconstitutional and shady...just like Bush.

The weirdest thing of all....does calling someone a racist make the person making the claim a racist?

That's what it looks like here...and I'm not sticking up for what he said by any means by the way.

Glenn Beck is no less racist than Obama.

I hope that one day the world can overcome racism...unfortunately I think it will always be with us...a splinter in our finger...a scar on our reach for "real" equality...which will ultimately make it unattainable.

We just need to learn to live with each other.

Martin Luther King had it right...and I truly believe he did it the right way. One of the few good "role models" and "leaders" that this country has had.

You cannot preach peace by forcing war and oppression.

You teach PEACE with PEACE!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

So why call him a racist? Why is it even necessary? There are plenty of things that he is doing that is unconstitutional and shady...just like Bush.

You mean focus on actual issues?

Heaven forbid ...

The people want their bread and circuses.

The ptb is only too happy to oblige.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Maybe it's the fault of "dem Jooos"

The man who mentored your president for over two decades

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join