It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Over 50 tanks seen today on a train to where?

page: 5
22
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by eniac
 


I wouldn't say I'm "alarmist". I'm watching my a$$. And trying to keep other people aware of things going on that they may otherwise not know about, because some day, you never know...something might actually be true.




posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Last time I seen this it was right before the Iraq war. They were going to Travis Air force base on an a abandoned track about 1 mile away from the base..kinda scary



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why does it look like the tanks in the second video have tires for normal terrain rather than treads for a desert?



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MuhammadAlBooBoo
 


I guess all we can do is be prepared, if something happens...well, good luck to you all. If nothing happens, count your blessings. I hope nothing happens. This is one feeling I would LOVE to be wrong about.



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MuhammadAlBooBoo
 


I saw something simular to this about 3 years ago. It was 3 trains, loaded to the hilt. Tanks, hummers, cargo, to earth movers. The convoys were pretty impressive as well. But, it was nothing. The 3rd ACR moved from Fort Carson to NC. There was also an influx of equipment with about 20,000 soldiers and their equipment moving into Fort Carson. Don't know what division that moved in to replace the 3rd ACR, but that's all it was. Just a transfer of equipment and personell.



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AliBruh
 


You're right. Maybe they are for places that have paved roads...



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Military transportation is NOT new. This is common. For God Sake, just because you haven't seen it before, doesn't mean it's something groundbreaking.



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AliBruh
Why does it look like the tanks in the second video have tires for normal terrain rather than treads for a desert?


Those arn't tanks. They're Strykers. A bunch of troop carriers, a few medevacs, and a couple mobile gun systems. Once again about the correct number for a Stryker Brigade Combat Team. There are no tanks on that train. Looks like they're going to/coming from NTC by the connexes on the end. They wouldn't be taking all those light skinned trucks overseas (or anywhere they expect to do any actual shooting).

The wheels actually work better in the desert. Sand is hell on tank tracks.

en.wikipedia.org...

Read all about it.

I personally don't find them very scary, but I'm used to being on a real tank....



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Well that's... unsettling.

I'm not sure it is anything to be alarmed about.
Although with so much to be alarmed about lately... maybe I'm just becoming desensitized.



posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Guys, the army has to move freight like everybody else. If it was secretive no one would have ever seen that train.



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
For those saying that this is "common" and happens all the time, why do you think more videos havent appeared before? and by more i mean every single time there is equipment or troop movement? videos from 2 or more years ago seem rare enough to me.

Nowadays, everyone (i know, generalizing, but it's a vast majority of the population) has a camera now, in their phones, ipods, etc. everyone wants to post youtube videos to their friends, to be noticed, etc. Dont you think we would be seeing this all the time on video sites if it was, indeed, happening often? Think of how many times we see videos of military equipment movement from other countries taken by people with cell phones or consumer cameras. it's not that often either is it?

the fact that this video is enough to garner attention here (since if it was common the posters here would probably have a whole thread devoted to videos of this) should speak for itself, dont you think?

and just during which dates did other videos appear, or memories of other movements happen? maybe we could look into that and see if there are other "coincidences".



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by simpleharmonics
 


Uhm... how do you think they transport tanks without trains?

[edit on 31/7/2009 by C0bzz]



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa
 


Tanks headed east from Texas are probably bound for the Anniston Army Depot in Birmingham Alabama. They probably came to dock in Texas after service in the Gulf.

Tanks wear out surprisingly fast, even in this modern age. The tremendous weight wears bearings as well as deforming the bearing seat. Sand wears metal parts something fierce.

If you drive by the Anniston Depot, you will see acres of M1A Abrams sitting there waiting for repair. Many are just scrapped.



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I see tanks and other military vehicles on trains pass in front of my house occasionally, mostly jungle camo.



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JalZhaunlUss
I see tanks and other military vehicles on trains pass in front of my house occasionally, mostly jungle camo.


Indeed. It's nothing groundbreaking or to worry about. I don't get why some people on here overreact when they see military. Are they not aware there are bases in their own country?



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ventessa
reply to post by eniac
 


I wouldn't say I'm "alarmist". I'm watching my a$$. And trying to keep other people aware of things going on that they may otherwise not know about, because some day, you never know...something might actually be true.


Im not trying to be an alarmist but since the Anti Terror (False Flag) "Exercises" are taking place with Mex and other countries. What "if" they are keeping tabs on the people posting videos? Then, something happens, and they blame youtube.They then cancel all the accounts, and we forced to switch over to a User friendly site that requires "Add ins" in order to stream the videos or files.(works both ways) when your flash video is done loading you connection remains open and Big Brother just takes a peek and does a search on all your files. Thus the creation of home grown terrorist.



posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by simpleharmonics
For those saying that this is "common" and happens all the time, why do you think more videos havent appeared before? and by more i mean every single time there is equipment or troop movement? videos from 2 or more years ago seem rare enough to me.

Nowadays, everyone (i know, generalizing, but it's a vast majority of the population) has a camera now, in their phones, ipods, etc. everyone wants to post youtube videos to their friends, to be noticed, etc. Dont you think we would be seeing this all the time on video sites if it was, indeed, happening often? Think of how many times we see videos of military equipment movement from other countries taken by people with cell phones or consumer cameras. it's not that often either is it?

the fact that this video is enough to garner attention here (since if it was common the posters here would probably have a whole thread devoted to videos of this) should speak for itself, dont you think?

and just during which dates did other videos appear, or memories of other movements happen? maybe we could look into that and see if there are other "coincidences".


Check out the sidebar on youtube when you play the video. There are crap tons of videos. Whoever is posting them seems to really enjoy standing by the railroad tracks and videotaping trains as they go by. I haven't checked the dates to see how long the guy has been doing it because honestly I don't really care.

You don't see wide publicity because, well, they are videos of trains going by. Not very exciting. Add to that the fact that military equipment being moved by train is routine and has been done on a regular basis literally since the train was invented, there isn't really too much to discuss.

In fact, there is a train loaded with Army crap sitting on the tracks about a mile from my house, getting ready to head to port so they can ship everything to Iraq so it'll be there when the brigade it belongs to deploys in a couple months. But I'm not going to go videotape it. They come and go about once a month as soldiers go to training, deploy, and come home.

If you start seeing trains rolling by carrying baby blue armored vehicles with UN painted on them- then its time to start freaking out.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
This forum blows me away with the amount of stuff that gets leaked here.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Be vigilant of your surroundings but don't become a conspiracy nut.

Tanks like this are always being shipped and moved around the country. A ton more than they used to. Why? Well they are being used quite a bit more these days (over seas in Iraq and Afghanistan) and after periods of time they go to depot for maintenance and rebuilds. Also The Marines and Army Soldiers that use these tanks often train at training locations around the country.



posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa
 


They're obviously coming to destroy Evansville, IN...hide in the cellar while you still can!! :facepalm:



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

log in

join