It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List 5 Things That You Love About YOU!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

"what matters most is how well you walk through the fire" — Charles Bukowski

Great Sig. Made me realize how many fires I have walked through poorly and how many more I will likely endure...until I figure it out and change.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

I agree!! this thread has brought a smile to me, hearing positive things
that people have to say, truly up lifting!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Very cool. I like this. It really encourages one to look inward and focus on the good that lies within... Let me think for a minute. OK here we go.

I am a sensitive and caring man.

I am intelligent and know much more about the "unknown" and "paranormal" than most that I have met in real life.

I am a great writer ( Even if I do say so myself)

I am a deep thinker.

I am very quick witted and know just what to say to make people laugh.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by Snisha

"what matters most is how well you walk through the fire" — Charles Bukowski

Great Sig. Made me realize how many fires I have walked through poorly and how many more I will likely endure...until I figure it out and change.

This makes me think of what my boyfriend always says, "I have always BEEN okay and I will always BE okay."

I've been through some fires, too, but I have always made it through. I've always been okay in the end. It took me a lot of fires to figure that out and the fire in which I figured that out, two and a half years ago, was the last fire I had.

Even though I know there will be others, now I know that I can get through anything. And that strength can help others get through their fires now.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Sushkov

your post is truly inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

My Friend, it is the journey that counts!

I offer to you (and ALL others here) this poem by C.P. Cavafy

~~~Ithaca~~~

When you set out for Ithaka
ask that your way be long,
full of adventure, full of instruction.
The Laistrygonians and the Cyclops,
angry Poseidon - do not fear them:
such as these you will never find
as long as your thought is lofty, as long as a rare
emotion touch your spirit and your body.
The Laistrygonians and the Cyclops,
angry Poseidon - you will not meet them
unless you carry them in your soul,
unless your soul raise them up before you.

Ask that your way be long.
At many a Summer dawn to enter
with what gratitude, what joy -
ports seen for the first time;
to stop at Phoenician trading centres,
and to buy good merchandise,
mother of pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
and sensuous perfumes of every kind,
sensuous perfumes as lavishly as you can;
to visit many Egyptian cities,
to gather stores of knowledge from the learned.

Have Ithaka always in your mind.
Your arrival there is what you are destined for.
But don't in the least hurry the journey.
Better it last for years,
so that when you reach the island you are old,
rich with all you have gained on the way,
not expecting Ithaka to give you wealth.
Ithaka gave you a splendid journey.
Without her you would not have set out.
She hasn't anything else to give you.

And if you find her poor, Ithaka hasn't deceived you.
So wise you have become, of such experience,
that already you'll have understood what these Ithakas mean."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
1. I loath narcissism
2. I quit while I'm ahead

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I'll bite Geenize but this is a bit like bragging. I suppose that's the idea, remind us of our strengths.

1. I'm loyal.

2. I'm modest. (I suppose this undermines that, no?)

3. I'm generous but always feel it's not enough. (I suppose that's a good sign.)

4. I have some musical gifts. Among them I'm a vocal mimic and have perfect pitch memory. (Not to be confused with perfect pitch.) I'm thankful for these gifts.

5. People and animals like me despite my tendency toward grouchiness.

I'm a little hesitant to hit reply with this one. Probably due to the trend toward negativity on many threads. Not that I haven't added to that. And so having considered this, I'll hit reply as you all have done. Good positive thread!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Even with all of the verbal lashing that occurs here(at ATS) on a daily basis, I AM PROUD to interact with YOU ALL!

I may be overly optimistic,
but I have a good feeling that we can find a way out of this damn mess that the world seems to find itself in.

Yall just don't give up on the fact that no matter who you may be... we really have more in common than not.

Whatever your worldview BLESS YOU ALL!!!

DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Hi nunya, I agree with your boyfriend. We are all okay. I used to follow teachings of various people and they would try to push me somewhere I wasn't ready to be or 'oust me'. Finally realized, ' I don't need a guru... my sig', we will all be where we need to be when we need to be there.

Isn't this a great thread.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Snisha

Ah yes. great post. Love the so called 'mythical' realms but they are likely just a portion of history and ourselves we have not tapped into as we should, though I do study them.

Great post to contemplate. Thanks from me and for others who may just read and pass by.

edit for spelling

[edit on 29-7-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn

I don't know about you Greenize, but for me, and maybe many others who are posting, it has taken me all my life (60 plus years) to admit there is anything good about myself. I grew up being told how bad it was to say anything good about my self and that translated into even thinking there was any good in me. Maybe I am wrong, but I think this is prevalent in our society.

I'm slightly younger than you, not too much. There was always a "don't blow your own horn" attitude for sure. That has largely swung hard in the opposite direction of late. I think the key is balance. Too much of anything is rarely good. And if balance is the key you've moved toward balance because this thread attracted you and has you thinking of your positive points/talents/gifts. Thinking good of yourself does not only affect you, it allows you to let that good inside you flow out to others. And that's what you've done here. Your introspection has been shared and appreciated. Thanks and know you're not alone. Kudos to you liveandlearn and once again to the OP!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
wonderful thread, SnF for you.

5 things i love about myself:

1. my open mind.

2. my ability to make friends with people of all diff walks of life and ages.

3. my immature sense of humor and silly personality

4. my love for all animals...esp my 3 cats, they light up my life everyday in little ways

5. IM ENGAGED!!!! So i guess in a sense #5 can be that i finally found my soul mate, the mirror image to my soul that i will spend the rest of my life with

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I think the key is balance. Too much of anything is rarely good. And if balance is the key you've moved toward balance because this thread attracted you and has you thinking of your positive points/talents/gifts. Thinking good of yourself does not only affect you, it allows you to let that good inside you flow out to others.

Excellent Hemisphere. Like you, I believe the key is balance (tho I don't think I have attained that yet). In my life, I have watched many people (myself included) go to the opposite extreme trying to correct some part of their life they see as wrong, excessive, whatever. It is difficult to find the fine line, but I think, we should all be forever in pursuit of it in every area of our life. Much easier said than done.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
well, I'm pretty good with a Bo staff.. er.. um.. no

1 - I haven't under any circumstance that I can remember, let any of my physical shortcomings hold me back or deter me from trying to excel in whatever I applied to. Despite being blind in one eye, I still ride a motorcycle, drive a car and am a crack shot with a rifle, even if I do admittedly suck at catching anything. But I still tried to learn nonetheless.

2 - Stand True - staying true to yourself and your beliefs, and to your friends, family and allies in life. Even when people thought you were wrong, when people were against you, staying loyal to yourself and your people. But most of all, just to stand, even if in the end it was to stand up and say "I was wrong". That phrase, Stand True, is even tattooed on my chest, as a reminder, and a badge.

3 - Done my best to retain at least a small spark of that childlike wonder that we tend to lose as adults.

4 - I can make anyone I know feel better. Despite my sometimes abrasive personality, I've been able to snap friends and family out of their funk long enough to get them back on their feet. I don't know how, I just do it.

5 - I'm in a job path that I like, and can do well at. No real need to explain past that.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ahhhhh a great thread to return to.

1. I LOVE that i just gave birth "naturally"
to an amazing baby girl
2. I LOVE that i want the best for her, family and friends so I fight for the truth in life though remain open minded when its alittle obscured
3. I LOVE that i was born in a century which has produced the most amazing and inspirational poets, writers, artists and entertainers.
4. I LOVE that i am able to travel the world and experiance cultures, countries and people from all walks of life
5. and....I LOVE that being a new mamma has givan me a huge clevage

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oh god. Takin it back to 1st grade here.

1. Well, I love my deep intuition and natural talent and appreciation for all forms of art (except drawing and painting. for some reason.)

2. I love my extremely high mood tolerance threshold. It's really hard for me to get angry at anything.

3. I love how I found the truth at a young age.

4. I love my appreciation for nature.

5. I love my huge huge huge love of space.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by free_form]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Lets see here, I'll take a swing!

In no particular order....

1) I have a great taste in music. (Says me)

2) I've traveled a lot, I've seen and done things most won't do in there life.

3) I'm open minded, I tend to be able to relate to others.

4) I'm mechanical, comes in handy with computers and cars.

5) I'm a "spiritual person", I tend to look outside the box.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by cancerian42
I love...
1. my wide open mind
2. my diversity
3. my complexity
4. my willpower
5. my beautifullness
(not in any order)

I also love the above smiley that personifies me most of the time.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by cancerian42]

cancerian42...whatcha drinkin...

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
There is no "I"

Yet I write here...
----------------------------

Bruce Lee :

Question: What are your thoughts when facing an opponent?
Bruce: There is no opponent.
Question: Why is that?
Bruce: Because the word ''l'' does not exist.
A good fight should be like a small play...but played seriously. When the opponent expands, l contract. When he contracts, l expand. And when there is an opportunity... l do not hit...it hits all by itself (shows his fist).
Any technique, however worthy and desirable, becomes a disease when the mind is obsessed with it.

------------------------

Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way round or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend.

www.fightingmaster.com...

[edit on 30-7-2009 by pai mei]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join