It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List 5 Things That You Love About YOU!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

Peace and chicken grease!

I love that, its country as corn bread!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
1. I have atlantean blue eyes.. 2. I have an excellent memory.. 3. I am well read/self taught.. 4. I am selflessly/selfishly/selfful.. 5. I have good heart, eternally optimistic, playful, compassionate, intuitive

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Debbie Downer in the house. Way to bring such a positive mood to such a negative thread. I am glad that you were here to cheer everyone up.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

I was thinking the same thing...thanks for saying it!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
1-My creative and artist abilities and very unique
2-My poetry abilities are excellent.
3-I can just about make anything from any item you can imagien.
4-My taste in music is first class.
5-I am very good at reading people.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

1. I'm smart

2. I'm extremely creative

3. I'm very open minded

4. I'm very empathetic

5. Extremely caring and have a lot of compassion for helping others in any way i can.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There were things that I use to love about myself until

1. I became a drug addict
2. I became irresponsible
3. I lost my parents respect, love, and trust
4. I blew all my money on stupid things
5. No one believes in me

Recently I have decided to quit my nasty habits and I am slowly beginning to love myself again. No one can love you if you cant love yourself but I'm working there.

Here are some things that I do love about me now though

1. I have not quit drugs completely, but I did quit a lot of extremely addictive chemicals.
2. I started saving money and now I manage my money 110% better.
3. I am slowly gaining my parents respect, love, and trust back
4. I am quite a bit more active now as for having fun (Swimming, playing ball, etc)
5. I am starting to show every person who doubts me that I am rising to the top.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_Sushkov

That is awesome! Congrats!!!!! Keep up the good work!!

Thank you for sharing that!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
1. Genuinely an open mind with a good sense of discrimination.
2. Profoundly fortunate and at the right stage of karmic evolution for spiritual associations far, far, far beyond my worth.
3. Daughter has turned out pretty incredible all things considered.
4. Serious disdain for the world which facilitates independence.
5. See room for improvement in myself along lines that matter and with little to know interest in social conformity.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Wow! A good hard look at yourself and a turnaround to the positive. Kudos to you and keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I really didn't believe anyone would reply to my post, but wow. I really needed those supporting words, thank you so much.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Well, I think I'm a little to humble to love myself. I try to put others before me. But I guess I do like some of my qualities.

1. Humble
2. I have learned a good amount of things from reading on my own. I would say that I'm self-taught but that doesn't really say it all.
3. Head strong, persistent.
4. I am extremely fit for my age. I excel physically.
5. Leadership skills

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Not an easy one this.

1, I am loyal to family and friends
2. Am creative
3. An old hippy
4. Rarely go with the flow
5 .Love life

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I'm so glad to hear you're really wanting to change those things. Not enough do.

A slight analogy-I gained weight after I had kids. It took 3 yrs. to really want to lose it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
1. I'm emotionally adamant
2. People disagree with my views (showing that I ain't a sheep)
3. Got a vocabulary sharp as a nanometer thin blade

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Happiness
Health
Friends
Facebook
ATS

haha

Mat

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Alrighty...

1. My corny sense of humor
2. My intelligence
3. I am passionate about injustice
4. My ability to be able to expand on my beliefs and even alter them from time to time when presented with something that rings more true than anything I've heard/believed before
5. My ability to read people

Cool thread

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I love...
1. my wide open mind
2. my diversity
3. my complexity
4. my willpower
5. my beautifullness
(not in any order)

I also love the above smiley that personifies me most of the time.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by cancerian42]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
* I & I refuse to define my ultimate manifestation as a "singular entity"
* I & I have enough of a "sense of humor" to entertain pointless postulations...
* I & I can marvel at the fact that "humanity" finds the "time" to ponder such laughable questions...
* I & I somehow feel a compulsion to seek a pertinent "endgame"

* I & U continue to indulge the illusory phantom of Avidya

i offer for your consideration... this meager koan -------------->

The master of Kennin temple was Mokurai, Silent Thunder. He had a little protégé named Toyo who was only twelve years old.

Toyo saw the older disciples visit the master's room each morning and evening to receive instruction in sanzen or personal guidance in which they were given koans to stop mind-wandering.

Toyo wished to do sanzen also. "Wait a while," said Mokurai. "You are too young." But the child insisted, so the teacher finally consented. In the evening little Toyo went at the proper time to the threshold of Mokurai's sanzen room. He struck the gong to announce his presence, bowed respectfully three times outside the door, and went to sit before the master in respectful silence.

"You can hear the sound of two hands when they clap together," said Mokurai. "Now show me the sound of one hand." Toyo bowed and went to his room to consider this problem. From his window he could hear the music of the geishas. "Ah, I have it!" he proclaimed. The next evening, when his teacher asked him to illustrate the sound of one hand, Toyo began to play the music of the geishas. "No, no," said Mokurai. "That will never do. That is not the sound of one hand. You've not got it at all."

Thinking that such music might interrupt, Toyo moved his abode to a quiet place. He meditated again. "What can the sound of one hand be?" He happened to hear some water dripping. "I have it," imagined Toyo. When he next appeared before his teacher, he imitated dripping water. "What is that?" asked Mokurai. "That is the sound of dripping water, but not the sound of one hand. Try again." In vain Toyo meditated to hear the sound of one hand. He heard the sighing of the wind. But the sound was rejected. He heard the cry of an owl. This was also refused.

The sound of one hand was not the locusts.

For more than ten times Toyo visited Mokurai with different sounds. All were wrong. For almost a year he pondered what the sound of one hand might be.

At last Toyo entered true meditation and transcended all sounds. "I could collect no more," he explained later, "so I reached the soundless sound."

Toyo had realized the sound of one hand.
www.101zenstories.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
1 - I'm from Holland but have lived in the US for 3 years now, and I've integrated to the best of my ability, so that now I even enjoy S(M)u(o)nday Night Football!!!

2 - I've never cheated on my wife of 9 years, not even a caress or kiss with any other woman.

3 - I will not be boxed, or swayed Left - Right, I'm my own authority, my own priest.

4 - I always smile at people, and acknowledge them, and fairly often start a funny conversation at the cash register.

5 -

I know how to use the cool functions of ATS

Great thread, S+F of course!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join