It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it easier to believe in aliens or Yahweh creating humans?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
the reason i tend to the ET hypothesis is because a dude in the sky creating us seems ridiculous and the mainstream scientific opinion we are just evolved apes doesn't account for the strange gaps and peculiarities found in our species.

it makes a lot of sense to think people from another star system made us. it's hardly a radical concept.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It is easier to believe we evolved from primates since our DNA is over 95% the same.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Ahh, but aliens altered the DNA to make us more compliant to our slave masters.

I would think that people who lean towards alien creationism think it makes it easier... no higher power to answer to, so to speak; but don't quote me, just speculating.

Likewise, with a God, the concept would make people feel better about their lives, that there's something to look forward to or someone is watching them.

Now, why can't god just be an alien? Why couldn't they have just altered / created us, and then let evolution continue the work?

What set of the Big Bang? If you cannot create something from nothing, then where did everything come from?

Perhaps a rip in the multiverse... one universe flooded into this one. Perhaps an alien LHC experiment gone wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
It's just easier to Believe, fullstop. Most people will not get out of their own way to gain experiences of their own in order to know better without having a belief about it.

There is a long history recorded well before the the Hebrew people even left Sumer, in which it is recorded that an alien race did manipulate the DNA from Homo Erectus to form a suitable worker/slave. There has been enough proofs for this that it should all be out in the open and all of us know for sure the reality of that.

I cannot give links and proofs other than to say my mentor who deciphered the Sumerian Tablets at the same time as Sitchin, is very much aware of corroborating finds that dovetail perfectly with the information left to us those 7,500 years ago. I too have read the British Museum reports of the findings of huge sarcophagai filled with broken bones sealed in pitch.. exactly as the Sumerians had told us they were left after being euthenased failed experiments of the Anunnaki. Add to this the recent discoveries of modern science that supports the information left to us by the Sumerians and you have to start thinking there is something real about the whole story.

We also take into account cultural perspectives, control mechanisms of religions, etc, and we start to get the picture that we have been Indoctrinated into having wrong beliefs for the benefit of a small number of controllers these past 2,000 years.

Soothsayer,
Many years ago during one of my journeys in higher awareness... sorry.. no better way to write that... I saw our universe as a bubble enveloped inside a skin-like membrane. Outside of that were millions of other Universe bubbles.. or Bubbleverses as I call them now. I saw two of these gently touch which set off an incredible amount of energy.. easily enough for a Big Bang scenario. I saw the birth of another bubbleverse.. in just the same way our Universe was created, and interestingly in just the same way we humans come together to create new life.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I do not believe that Yahweh created humans, unless Yahweh was an alien or "intermediate intelligence" who had the powers of genetic manipulation.

I do think there are huge gaps that exist in our current, Darwin derived, evolutionary theory. As an example, I have doubts that it really provides sufficient explanation on how species differentiate by random mutation. A friend of mine noted how Chimpanzies are essentially the same as humans except for the merging of two genes into one. If so, and the merging of the genes was by random mutation, then does that mean that two "apes" went through the same "random mutation" at the same time and became a new species and somehow they by chance found each other and procreated? Is that the mechanism whereby new species are differentiated?

I am quite sceptical about this thesis, but I do believe many aspects of evolutionary theory. However,I also think there is a possibility that some "intelligent force" is behind the design of all life and material and processes in our universe.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by grapesofraft

It is easier to believe we evolved from primates since our DNA is over 95% the same.

actually you are dead wrong. IF any evolution conserning the Human speceis took place, the primates evolved from us. We have 46 pairs of chromosomes. always have. Primates have 48. the number of chromosomes does NOT go down with evolution. Blood and DNA wise, we are closer related to Bovine, which is EXACTLY why the recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH) has such an effect on humans, and not dogs, or other predators that also enjoy a fresh fat steak. There is far more to this evolution mystery than you know.. clearly. Our DNA alone like EVERY living creature that has DNA, (By living I mean that which carries a natural vibration.. rocks, water, cats dogs etc) is 95% the same.. the chemical patterns within that is. NOT the combination itself. We are the ONLY creature that DOES NOT have an ancestral home in the charts of species evolution. EVERY so-called missing link that was held as relative to the evolution of man is deemed a fraud.
Is it logical to suggest we were miraculously and magically created by some being that refuses to show its face in our darkest hours? or is it logical to believe we just MAY have come from somewhere else and lost all record of this? I do not think we were created as slaves to serve either a god, or an ancestral race of alien beings.. I do however find more logic in the possibility that something dire happened in our past, and we were forced to find life elsewhere so long agowe have literally forgotten this. why else would we fantasize on the possibility of colonising other planets? Possibility exists that yes.. we are just curious and at that phase in our tenure on this planet.. but the possibility also exists that this is something we have done in the VERY distant past.. as well does the possibility that an all mighty ubiquitous being that turned its back on us created us out of boredom.. etc. again I lean toward logic. As we have NO genetic past in the evolutionary chapters of Earth it is logical to assume we quite possiboy brought ourselves here. not necessarily through alien tampering... but of our own device.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

and are the millions of bubble enveloped universes inside another bubble universe? or how does that work?

-----

I think its easier to believe that aliens created us. but who created the aliens?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by stevedel0]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin

I cannot give links and proofs other than to say my mentor who deciphered the Sumerian Tablets at the same time as Sitchin, is very much aware of corroborating finds that dovetail perfectly with the information left to us those 7,500 years ago......

okay mate. 7500 years ago.. thats cute. well, no Im not going to insult. I believe either you, or your 'mentor' are hugely mistaken. You must not know about the cities found in South America that are said to be over 24.000 years old. If we were being created by DNA as peace loving servant slaves 7500 years ago.. who created these former and MUCH older HUMAN inhabitants.. oh.. and I DO have the links to provide. Here you go.. read and enjoy
articles: www.reuters.com...

english.pravda.ru...

www.hinduism.co.za...&%20Sri%20Lanka
just to back this one up as its on hinduism dot com.. here is the NASA footage

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

www.helium.com...
Videos for those that dont like to read:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Here is one that even talks about the ACCEPTED through ACTUAL archaeology as 9000 yrs old.. still older than your personal theory

video.google.com...
and the list goes on.. also read a book called Forbidden Archaeology by Cremo.

[edit on 30-7-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevedel0
reply to post by Tayesin

and are the millions of bubble enveloped universes inside another bubble universe? or how does that work?

-----

I think its easier to believe that aliens created us. but who created the aliens?

[edit on 30-7-2009 by stevedel0]

I remember reading about that theory somewhere.. I think scientific american, or national geographic or something.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   

A guy in the sky creating us or Aliens in the sky creating us is pretty much the same thing.

Neither can be proved to exist.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

A guy in the sky creating us or Aliens in the sky creating us is pretty much the same thing.

Neither can be proved to exist.

Donnie, thats exactly where I was going. If you look at it logically, basing all logic off the fact that we have no known genetic history on this planet. there are one of two options. I myself am a spiritualist, but the logic is too great for even THAT. The two options are either
A) we came here from another world. either as a colonisation effort that went wrong or was long forgotten, or because of necessity or what ever reason we had or
B) We are a freak mutation from most likely bovine, or some other creature we create plasma and transferrable blood from.
Either way, this is an excellent post, and an excellent conversational topic. S+F for you!!!

[edit on 30-7-2009 by stanlee]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
the reason i tend to the ET hypothesis is because a dude in the sky creating us seems ridiculous and the mainstream scientific opinion we are just evolved apes doesn't account for the strange gaps and peculiarities found in our species.

it makes a lot of sense to think people from another star system made us. it's hardly a radical concept.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Donnie Darko]

hey Donnie.. here's a monkey wrench for your dichotomy..

the followers of "Rael" .. "Raelians" believe that the world was created by an alien called Yaweh.
(and his buddies Lucifer and Satan).

google it.

they believe both of the options you present here!

another brainwashed black-ops sponsored cult... full of gullible buffoons. who take no symbolism from the deep and valuable gnostic information held within all religions.. but instead spit up this hybrid of mini-me aliens named after characters in the freakin bible...

so weetawded.

at least they believe in one good thing.. a Technocracy.. where only the most highly skilled professionals in certain areas get the job of ruling .. rather than shady oligarchies hiding behind popularity-picked pageant star presidents...

but then again with our current standard of psychology here.. a Technocracy could be just as easily abused... actually more easily..

//shrug//

but yeah.. i believe in pan spermia and the ability of advanced spiritual beings genetically engineering life on planets that previously had none.. in order to populate the universe with light..

and i also think that there's a high probability that they have a tried and true "formula" o template they use as guidance and "labors" that each evolving intelligent species they seed.. has to go through in order to achieve transcendence and allowance off their planet.

do i think that it's Rael's "yaweh"? i suspect that whole deal has CIA psy-op writtten all over it.

do i think other species seeded us here? sure why not.

do i think there's an over all consciousness to the universe that one could call "god"? .. sure! most definately..

could that ever present all pervasive conscious being be working THROUGH the higher beings that seeded us?

abso-mudda-frikin-lootley!

is it good that well meaning otherwise unquestioning people believe in Rael's stories?

why not? if it achieves a certain purpose to make things better here then i'm all with them choosing to believe what this guy says about this alien he met.

if i am forced to believe that this lil dude created everything.. based off of the fact that he says he did...
...then count me out.

i ain't down wid dat. yo's
call it my nature.. i'll constantly question everything no matter what..
snappy answers from hoaxed little human-made genetically engineered men = no more questions? screw that.
same thing goes for believing everythign in the bible at face value..
need to understand deeper levels of it's meaning... deeeper.

-

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I believe in keeping an open mind.

If you think about it, the fact that we are here on this planet is amazing. The planet itself is amazing. All the things on it are amazing.

So is the concept of God.

So is the concept of aliens and other worlds.

I believe that all things are possible. Our brains and imaginations are limited, so I keep an open mind.

Except that I definitely believe we should live the way Jesus taught.

And before you jump on me about Jesus, just think about what He taught and tell me I'm wrong.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Not so much a believer in jesus myself but still.. more power to you.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by stanlee

Thanks Stan.

Would you rather have war, starvation, greed, poverty, suffering and hatred? A picture of the world as it is now.

Or would you rather have peace, prosperity for all, kindness, empathy and forgiveness? A picture of the world if we followed the teachings of Jesus.

Your choice.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Soothsayer
Perhaps an alien LHC experiment gone wrong.

Don't even joke about that. Last I heard they were duct taping the damn contraption and set to flip the switch again.

Once they create a huge black hole their apologies will be worth nothing!

I say we should start a committee to name a group who will spearhead this initiative and whatnot.

What I mean to say is, we should forcibly shut down CERN until they produce science that shows they won't kill us all in a fiery doom we've all imagined.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out that Evolution does not claim we descend from apes, rather, we share a common ancestor.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

It's not really a matter of which thesis is easier to believe. It's a matter of which thesis proves most workable.

The big problem I see is that the data for the alien idea is mostly in the realm of history and archaeology, while most of the data for evolution is in the realm of biology. Creationism is still considered in the realm of religious dogma. But as mentioned, the new historians trace religious dogma back to alien intervention as well. So we have various groups with different ideas who really aren't talking to each other very much.

Ultimately the truest thesis will be the most workable one, and I'm going with the idea that this planet was populated under the direction of various advanced alien groups. I think that's what really happened here. We still don't have all the details and possibly never will. But this hypothesis explains a lot, including why our governments are so nervous about talking about it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You can have 3 trains of thought then:

1. Humans made by aliens, who in turn were made by other aliens, who in turn were made by other aliens, who in turn were made by other aliens, who, well you get the idea, at some point something was first, and then its a question of how, and why couldn't we do it?.
  2. Large Supreme being gets bored one day and creates a universe
  3. Everything evolved with no ET/Divine intervention

Think No.3 for myself

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
stevedel0

I don't know. I was pretty overwhelmed just by the experience I had without wondering about more.

stanlee

okay mate. 7500 years ago.. thats cute. well, no Im not going to insult. I believe either you, or your 'mentor' are hugely mistaken. You must not know about the cities found in South America that are said to be over 24.000 years old. If we were being created by DNA as peace loving servant slaves 7500 years ago.. who created these former and MUCH older HUMAN inhabitants.. oh.. and I DO have the links to provide. Here you go.. read and enjoy

I did say "the information left to us those 7,500 years ago". Which is correct, that the earliest genesis related Sumerian Tablets were recorded 7,500 years ago.

I remember reading about that theory somewhere.. I think scientific american, or national geographic or something.

I remember experiencing it myself in 1998. I did read a few years later about a theory, which I took as affirming my experience.

All good, I'm happy.

new topics

top topics

join