It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force on hunt for 'Subversive' behavior online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Air Force on hunt for 'Subversive' behavior online
Is this for real????

Air Force Proposal
Story Here

The Air Force’s geek squad wants the technology to monitor government employees’ deviant online behavior. And they want you to build it.

Today, the Air Force issued a call for proposals from small businesses, with this objective: “Define, develop, and demonstrate innovative approaches for determining ‘good’ (approved) versus ‘bad’ (disallowed/subversive) activities, including insiders and/or malware.”

But taboo activity could span everything from leaking top secret information to spamming contacts with a chain letter to visiting any site that government officials deem dubious. Previously, they’ve said some interesting things about social networking, which may or may not influence what they’d do with new tools.

Is this for real?
Subversive is subjective.
It depends on who is in the white house.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No one knows if this is for real? It looks like it could be.
Anyone applying for the job? There are a lot of 'geeky' people here.
(said with love.
)

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Looks legit but I haven't read through that mammoth RFP either just skimmed it. When I first saw this story I thought it dealt with home users employed by USAF. If this pertains to monitoring users while at work then this I think would be standard protocol. These people deal with delicate subject matters and issues of national security so obvious network/Internet restrictions apply. Bottom line its their gear and waivers/confidentiality agreements are probably in order as well. If use you their equipment on their time then sure they have every right so perform traffic analysis or inspection.

Most intelligent people would simply wait until they are in the comfort of their homes to do what they do on the 'Net, but Echelon would take care of that

brill

[edit on 30-7-2009 by brill]

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't doubt it. I know that recently both the Air Force and DHS started monitoring Chat Channels in MMORPG Games (like World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings Online, Runescape, etc.) because they believed that Terrorist groups were using these games as Training Exercises and coordinating their planned attacks on the United States in-game.

Honestly, it sounds to me as if there are some government officials who have overactive imaginations.

However, that's the problem when you have an invisible enemy that may or may not exist. Whether it be Satanic Conspirators, or Secret Societies, or Terrorists, when your declared foe doesn't have a name or a face, you end up seeing them everywhere, even if they don't really exist.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I would love to sign up for this job.

I could keep tabs on all of the people in the federal reserve. I could keep tabs on all of the people who go to the bilderberg meetings and expose them all for what they are. Traitors to our country.

That would be awesome.

It's above me to work for the state though. So I wouldn't do it because I don't want to be manipulated by anyone for their agenda.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
I would love to sign up for this job.

Sign up. Check it out. Report back to us. Who knows ... you might get lucky and the government would pay you to post/hang out at ATS.
If that's the case .. then find me a job so I could be paid for being here.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by FlyersFan]

top topics

join