It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do politicians not even have to be held accountable to campaign promises anymore?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I mean honestly if you own both parties I know it does not matter who wins. But it seems rather unfair to be blatantly lied to on every campaign promise and to never be held accountable. It has become obvious that we the people have absolutely no say in our own government or direction anymore. How did it come to this? We have no type of recourse when we are constantly lied to because Congress is the only hand for impeachment, and that goes for members in Congress as well. So we the people have absolutely no say in our government anymore. All they have to do is get into office telling people what they want to hear, then once they are in, they can do anything they want. They can establish new laws (without our consent), and anything else they please. What can we the people do to put an end to this destructive road we are going down.

Our constitution was based on a Constitutional Republic run by the people, and has now been reduced to a democracy run by a minority of corrupt individuals who vote in the favor of the dollar bill, not it's constituents.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Were they ever held accountable?

They say what they need to to win, just as a teenage boy will say what he needs to so that he can get some

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

lol, that was a great analogy

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Democracy? What's that? We don't even have THAT in this country! Besides, by definition, a democracy would be nothing more than a rabble...

Does anybody remember when the system of checks and balances between our Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches still existed? I sure don't, and I am well into my 30's...

The Executive branch rules the country with an iron fist, growing stronger daily. This is an Oligarchy we live in.

The sad thing is, the Oligarchy's true power lies in the bankers, the moneyed elite. The MSM helps to distract the masses to allow this consolidation of power.

Soon, our national Sovereignty will be handed over to the UN, by way of one of the many "crisis" situations that will certainly arise, due to the handlers of the Executive branch.

Unless, that is, enough people wise up.

Then we'll throw a spanner in the works, as our cousins across the pond like to say.

If not... God have mercy on us all.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Can't blame politicians.....it's what they do. Blame the uninformed people that keep voting these idiots in. The same people, that if shown an honest politician, wouldn't give them the time of day.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Most of the sheep don't understand/care.

Its all about what is in it for them.

Its just like Obama and his call for "Change"

The only thing was that the sheep/people that voted for him never ask what "Change" meant.

They bought a promise of "change" without caring/asking what "change" meant.

new topics

top topics

join