It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Accupressure..Unbelievable but it works!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I posted a snip on another thread about g-jo..( chinese first aid) and how it really does work. I will reiterate here.

I have had severe neck pain for the past month. Not sure what caused it ...rolling my yamaha 3 wheeler or shooting my new 12guage shotgun with 00 buk and slugs for the first time....shotgun had way more kick than the 5 mph rollover.

The only thing that relieved the pain was drinking some..alot ...of whiskey. This helped for a couple of days. One night surfing the web I found g-jo.com. Read the articles and found the points to relieve my neck pain. I swear upon my soul that within 1 minute the pain was gone.
One minute I couldn't turn my head 5-15 degrees w/o a shooting pain..like an ice pick going up the left side of my neck. After massaging the places suggested by the website I was had full mobility w/o pain.

The only words I could say to my wife was WoW. She kept asking what.. Iwould say look at me and turn my neck and say Wow.

I know its hard to believe, but I'm hoping those with sever or chronic pain find this site useful.

www.g-jo.com...

I have had to hit the spot a few times in the last 2 weeks but WOW.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I do acupuncture all the time, I have endometriosis and started Acupuncture about 5yrs ago for this. I love acupuncture, it really helps. I pulled my shoulder during a move and I did acupuncture for that. It healed it, no pain pills nothing, That is why I Like acupuncture, I would rather go to acupuncture than take pain pills, my Health coverage have actually started covering my acupuncture cost. and that is Kaiser.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I've worked with this type of thing for a few decades now; truly amazing results!

A great book on the use of pressure points and color energy therapy is Advanced Pranic Healing, by Chao Kok Sui.

Acupuncture has been around for over 3,000 years! Although it works differently than traditional Western medicine it really has (should have) a tremendous value for the healing community.

Glad your neck is better! =)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Now this is weird....I have never tried acupuncture and never heard of acupressure but as of 2 hours ago I`ve had a deep throbbing headache bordering on migraine (I suffer a lot with these as I have Multiple Sclerosis). Having earlier tried pills to no effect I had a quick read at the link you provided and learned to massage point #13 - which is in the webbing between your thumb and forefinger. I was honestly shocked when within a minute the pain just suddenly lifted

Yes, I suppose it could be psychosomatic or even coincidental that the pills chose that exact moment to suddenly kick in but, hand on heart, it`s almost as though a cloud has lifted - and I am very skeptical when it comes to alternative therapies. Thank you for drawing my attention to it. This definitely needs more personal research and is going on my favorites list.

Just for that, a star and a flag for you

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
That point 13 (as you call it) is awesome for headaches and general anxiety!

Take a look at a "meridian chart" of the body and check out how the energy flows. Just touching a few spots can make a huge difference.

[I'm a Reiki Master by the way]
I once helped a guy who couldn't walk since he woke up that day; injury after playing football the day before if I recall. He literally had to climb on his hands and knees up my stairs. With about an hour of point and energy therapy he was jumping in the air and dancing!

There's a whole philosophy behind this. I didn't heal the guy, I just changed his energy flow a bit and everything was fine.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

Thanks for that. (Incidentally, the site mentioned above calls that point 13 - I was just following it`s convention
) As you may have gathered this is new ground for me, definitely worth pursuing and investigating further. Can you recommend a good place online for me to start looking into Reiki, or is Google still my best friend? In particular I`m looking for ways to alleviate problems I experience with Multiple Sclerosis

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

Glad you found and posted this website!

I'm just full of aches lately --- have a not so good sleeping situation right now, and it's taking its toll on the body. I'm optimistic about getting some relief....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I think I love you.

My cousin has always dabbled with accupressure... he knew a few spots that a Greek gentleman showed him at his village on a trip.

He tortured me on pt 13 once.... he swore on rubbing as hard as you can, and trying to handle as much pain as possibe... to keep working that pressure point until its numb. Not sure if that procedure is right.

But this site is the motherload.

Thanks for the link.

What is pt. 17 for? Does anyone know? I will find it eventually... hehe

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by notreallyalive

So happy to have an expert on this thread. Awesome that this info has helped somebody else. I wish you well on your study. I am going to continue studies in this area. I doubt I'll go to an MD that isn't versed in accupuncture. The Chinese have definately found gold in this.

I remember the gymnastics in the 76 Olympics and Shun Fujimoto Hits His Ring Set with a Broken Knee! I was an all around gymnast in high scool and was so totaly amazed. Now I know how he did it. Accupuncture NO doubt. It brings credability to what my eyes wittnessed.

I'll check out the book you suggested..any websites of interest notreallyalive?

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The problem I have found with acupressure is that it often relieves symptoms ONLY temporarily. The next day, the symptoms return, requiring more pressure to be exerted on the acupoint. Instead of addressing the underlying cause, it seems to act like a balm and relieves symptoms only for a while. This may be (and probably is) too much of a generalisation. Maybe it does cure permanently, but that is not my experience. It is certainly better than many western medicines and their unwanted side effects. But it is NOT a complete alternative to them.
edit on 23-1-2022 by micpsi because: typo corrected

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: isa75

Yes, about 15 months ago I tried acupuncture for the first time for sciatica, and it worked very well. Twice weekly sessions for several weeks and I was all better.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: micpsi
The problem I have found with acupressure is that it often relieves symptoms ONLY temporarily. The next day, the symptoms return, requiring more pressure to be exerted on the acupoint. Instead of addressing the underlying cause, it seems to act like a balm and relieves symptoms only for a while. This may be (and probably is) too much of a generalisation. Maybe it does cure permanently, but that is not my experience. It is certainly better than many western medicines and their unwanted side effects. But it is NOT a complete alternative to them.

Much like using medication, you are correct -- it will only treat the immediate symptom. In traditional Chinese medicine, a doctor will generally have you address the underlying causes if they are going to treat you with accupuncture or similar. These are things like addressing substance use, stress, anger, posture etc. -- all the controllable things. The premise is that there isn't much point if you are just going to keep causing it.

It is interesting that people will scoff at the idea of energy channels, but swear by acupuncture and even most insurance will pay for it. In Falun Gong practice, these things are discussed pretty scientifically as it is part of the beginning level of practice.

It is also a significant part of traditional Chinese medicine (not modern Chinese medicine that has been corrupted by the west). While western medicine can also work, it has almost entirely abandoned the idea of treating root cause so treatments have to be repeated and continuous in many cases.

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: awakentired
I've been getting acupuncture for severe panic disorder and so far it's working, it's changing my life !!
It's really quite astounding!!

posted on Jan, 23 2022 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i'm glad to hear it works for you guys.

top topics

join