It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania... LAST Paycheck Sent to Pennsylvania State Workers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The last paycheck for the foreseeable future for tens of thousands of state government employees is out, and it wasn't even a whole paycheck. ~ Video

Some 44,000 employees received a 20 percent paycheck Friday as a budget impasse since July 1 has stripped state government of the ability to pay bills and meet payroll.

About 1,000 employees of the judicial branch have gone unpaid since July 3, while legislative employees continue to be paid from reserve accounts.

Gov. Ed Rendell is among those missing a full paycheck. Legislators missed their June paychecks, although many are filing for per-diem payments while they're in Harrisburg.

Pennsylvania is one of three states whose budgets are still unresolved.
www.knowthelies.com.../4206

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Who pays their bills then? If I had even one paycheck missing I would not be able to pay all my bills.
This is unexceptable. Why aren't these empolyees speaking up or quiting or suing?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by dreamseeker]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
thats awful. but a sign of the time. im out of work aswell, what can you do

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is horrible. I hope that somehow this will get rectified. Why aren't state employee salaries budgeted into the state budget? And if they are, why isn't the budget being followed?

reply to post by dreamseeker

Why aren't these empolyees speaking up or quiting or suing?

That's a good question. Perhaps they aren't speaking up and quitting because, by quitting and speaking up about this, it would show that the liberal idea of taxation and big government don't work. [That is assuming that most of the employees are of that political persuasion.] If it's shown that it doesn't work, that means that the liberals would be voted out, which means that they could be out of a job.

That's just speculation though.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
What are these people supposed to do- send a IOU to mortgage companies?

Seriously, what's going to happen- they don't pay off their homes or cars, because the government, of all entities- doesn't have the money to pay them

Very baffling times we live in.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
This is horrible. I hope that somehow this will get rectified. Why aren't state employee salaries budgeted into the state budget? And if they are, why isn't the budget being followed?

If I understand this correctly, no budget has been passed, so no pay. Most governments in this situation pass temporary spending measures to bridge, but I suppose that PA is unable to do so. I am quite sure that they are receiving withholding, sales, and estimated tax payments on schedule.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I could be wrong, but I believe I read somewhere that Gov. Rendell worked out an "arrangement" with the banking industry so that the government employees not being paid were able to take out no interest loans. But of course, state legislators still receive their paychecks.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If I wasn't getting paid unless all my bills were paid for. I don't care if I was the governor I would quite. Now I would appoint someone else to my position and try to clear this up first. I realize as governor I would have a huge responsiblity to the people first.
I really would hate to have bill collectors breathing down my neck when I have a job yet I can't pay because I am not getting my full pay.

new topics

top topics

join