It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US citizens must take front line in national security: Napolitano

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

US citizens must take front line in national security: Napolitano

rawstory.com

A top US domestic security chief called Wednesday on ordinary citizens to join law enforcement bodies in fighting an increasingly elusive -- and homegrown -- terrorist threat.

"We need a culture of collective responsibility, a culture where every individual understands his or her role," Janet Napolitano, secretary of the Department of Homeland Security, said in a speech in New York.

Referring to a spate of arrests around the country of US citizens and residents charged with jihad-type militancy, Napolitano said that ordinary people were often the first line of defense.

In just the l
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That's right. They want YOU to spy on your fellow neighbors. Napolitano wants you to be big brother. She wants you to play the role of fellow big government in spying on neighbors who the state dislikes. She wants YOU.

Doesn't anyone see anything wrong with this? This was taken right out of 1984's playbook. This is Orweillian like.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Good catch Frank.

Ever so patiently swaying, indoctrinating, turning us against each other...or trying.

I would have seriously thought that they wold be moving a little faster though.

A little disturbing, but they're behind schedule.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
They've already labeled me as a "potential" terrorist, now they think I will do dirty work for them? Ha!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is perfect for TPTB. So many people in this country are paranoid of each other through the constant fear mongering and brainwashing through "Never talk to strangers." "Don't ask, don't tell."

"Across the street from a local bookstore in St. Petersburg, FL, a suspicious looking man stands in front of the window for hours staring at customers. After a call from a concerned citizen, police determined the man to be a cardboard cutout of Arnold Schwarzenegger."

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I was going to post this earlier this morning but I was frankly too livid about it to do such without showing vehemently scathing bias.

Although this is nothing new, being a rehash of the same Terrorism Information and Prevention System, or TIPS that began in early 2002 and the Justice Departments Citizen Corps that launched later in that year, it is still appalling.

These programs are turning everyday citizens into potential terrorists for their "suspicious" or "anti-social" behavior.

These programs work under a premise of better to be safe than sorry, therefore you are guilty before being proven innocent.

These programs are a much larger scale implementation of citizen informants that were used by the East German infamous Stasi secret police or Hitler's SS.

These programs are doing nothing to deter actual crime or terrorism, but rather feeding hysteria and spreading yet more fear-mongering, causing everyday citizens to suspect one another rather than rely on one another. T

These programs will accomplish nothing other than tear communities and their supports apart and replace them with Fascist Police States.

These programs are doing nothing other than violate the Constitutional Rights of the citizenry.

These programs are opening the potential for abuse on a wide-scale, to be misused as ways to promote every nosy neighbor's own personal agenda or to fulfill their personal vendettas.

Most of all these programs are a voluntary surrender of our Rights. Consent to these programs validates the process as a legally binding Contractual Agreement.

If we don't speak out and scream (not say) "HECK NO! NOT NOW, NOT EVER!" then we are collaborators and co-conspirators to enabling Fascism to take over Amerika, the U.S.S.A.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yes well as you can planely see after 9/11 our children have been indoctrinated in history class into believing that 9/11 was the work of islamist extremists. See what we have now?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

These programs are a much larger scale implementation of citizen informants that were used by the East German infamous Stasi secret police or Hitler's SS.

More in line with Himmler's Gestapo, Secret State Police. Ordinary citizens were recruited to spy on their neighbors, which many did...apparently hoping to gain brownie points with their PTB...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is great, a nation of nosy snitches

of course police still will follow the no snitching rule
of course politicians will continue to follow the no snitching rule

that's great

Snitch on each other unless your job is to oppress and serve

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Makes me glad I'm surrounded by like-minded folks. Complain about a deer in a truck or a gun on a hip and ask where the Starbucks is you're apt to get labeled a terrorist and run out by the sheriff.

Seriously though, no good can come of this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It is me the one that notice our increasing government worries about what we the citizens are doing.

Are they in a panic mode? it sure looks like it to me.

I guess the government knows that they are screwing us and that we know it.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Who can I tell about someone who has a long history of associating with radicals, terrorists, revolutionaries, marxists, communists, islamist supremacists, radical PLO, mobsters, racist reverends, black supremacists, convicted criminals, and supported a fascist leader with genocidal leanings...allegedly.
Oh, his name is Barry, he lives in a big white house and he sounds very dangerous to me.

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

Spin a quarter way down the page

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is straight out of history. Anyone remember WW2 and the youth brigades?

Again not surprised the least bit.

Keep bending over, yeah thats it, just a little more....ahhhh

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
In the Uk they are now paying 500 pounds (800 dollars) for people to report their neighbours for allowing their dogs to foul or dropping litter.

www.express.co.uk...

They have long been spying on our rubbish to make sure we don't put the wrong thing in the wrong bin as we get fined...or leave the lid open even a peep, else they refuse to take it. We have the highest amount of traffic cameras and closed circuit televison cameras for surveillance of the public. We are being spied on non stop really.
A man who accidentally dropped some money was then fined for littering

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The world has gone mad...

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Napolitano stressed she was not advocating "a culture of spying on one another," but said that crucial intelligence came from the bottom up.

"You are the ones who know when something is not right in your community," she said.

"There's actually an important role we can play in educating even our very young about watching for, and knowing what to do, if you're in an airport and you see a package left with no one around," she said.

You guys are taking things out of context and blowing this WAY out of proportion. All she said was REPORT SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR

you guys equate that to spying LMAO

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If the government genuinely felt that Domestic Security was best served by Civilians, then the best course of action would be to undo the Stafford Act and bring back the Civilian Defense as an independent Civilian Agency rather than have the Civilian Corps and Community Emergency Response Teams under the purvey of F.E.M.A.

However, Napolitano hasn't proposed that. The government would rather that Domestic Security not be maintained by the citizenry, so that they can maintain control over every single aspect of it, but instead look to rely on utilizing the citizenry to do all their dirty-work for them.

I saw more Domestic Security in the US when we had a Civilian Defense than I do now with F.E.M.A. and D.H.S. taking care of that for us.

When you ask someone else to do something for you, you are surrendering part of your freedom. We've done it so many times that we have little freedom left.

Maybe it's time for US citizens to take the front line in National Security by spying on their politicians!!! They are the real threat to our National Security and our liberty!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

It's essentially that. It's snitching. Regardless of how you look at it. What Napolitano is asking you to do is to work for the government. Did you read what she said? She said you know about what threats are. She wants you to report them. She said for you to report threats at home. Essentially she wants you to work for them.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by Aggie Man

It's essentially that. It's snitching. Regardless of how you look at it. What Napolitano is asking you to do is to work for the government. Did you read what she said? She said you know about what threats are. She wants you to report them. She said for you to report threats at home. Essentially she wants you to work for them.

So if I see a shady character leave a package/luggage lying around and I tell the proper authorities...that's snitching?

What if I saw that, didn't report it....and the damn thing blew up killing/ maiming/traumatizing....WELL I GUESS AT LEAST I WOULDN'T BE A SNITCH

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I knew it wouldn't be long before these idiots attempted to implement this crap in this country.

Why is it that every time they do something in the UK our government wants to play follow the leader ?

I read a thread a couple of months ago about them doing this in the UK.

I'm not gonna spy on my neighbors for them, let them do their own dirty work !

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I think it is safe to say that many on this forum support whistleblowers when it suits their agenda.

What is the difference between a snitch and a whistleblower? I guess that depends on which side of the fence you sit on...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join