It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Thousands and thousands of kids were sent to Iraq in 2003 because the US declared war. War on a nation that has never attacked the US. We were suppose to find weapons of mass destruction. Where did they go? They were suppose to be there.

Saddam was responsible for gassing thousands of innocent people. But who supplied him with the military ware that helped him to do so?

(Thanks to Slayer69)
Who Supplied Iraq?

Did we really invade Iraq for oil or was it for Bush to gain more power and to impress his father?

This isn't a thread about who helped who or why we really invaded Iraq. Instead, this is a thread dedicated to the kids who became men. The men who had their lives changed forever due to a war based on a lie.

What did we accomplish? The answer is up to date. Either way, these are the lives these men will deal with as long as they live. Their lives after Iraq.

Source

[edit on 29-7-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Thanks for this. So easy to forget.

I don't think we've gained anything. We've learned that we get lied to, and young men die and get permanently disfigured for their allegiance to a cabal that doesn't care about them. That a human life just isn't really worth very much any more.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dont forget the TONs of women as well Ok? It is no longer a Mans world nor a Mans War.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry

Saddam was responsible for gassing thousands of innocent people. But who supplied him with the military ware that helped him to do so?

C = Chemical weapons program

USA - Alcolac International (C)

UK - MEED International (A, C)

France - Protec SA (C)

China - China Wanbao Engineering Company (A, C, K)

Netherlands - Melchemie B.V. (C)
KBS Holland B.V. (C)

Belgium - NU Kraft Mercantile Corporation (C)
Phillips Petroleum (C)

Spain - Treblam (C)

Source

[edit on 29-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Indeed.

The fact is, it's a volunteer force. These men (and women) sign up to help their education and to better themselves in general. They are soldiers. Their duty is to protect their country. But what exactly did they protect? Nothing.

It also saddens me that many supporters of the war praise the military when they kill off a "top insurgent" or "extremist." What they should be worrying about is the word "Revenge."

Like I said in another thread. One dead Iraqi = 10 dead American soldiers.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Old men talking, young men dying.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thanks for the input, but like I said, it's not a thread about who supplied who. Instead, it's about the men who died for a government's greed.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Fair enough.

I was just answering the question you asked and filling in the blanks.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   

How is joining the military bettering your education?

Serious question. Because i never understood that.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

My friend was in the military. Now he goes to college for free. Nice huh? lol.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Fair enough.

I was just answering the question you asked and filling in the blanks.

Ah yeah, thanks for the link though. I never seen this before, I'm going to throw it in the OP.

Cheers!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think it's also important to remember nearly a million Iraqi's died. Women and children, born not knowing they were Iraqi's. I just think it's important to highlight the biggest tragedy of the war.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Agreed on the part we shouldn't forget plenty of innocent lives were lost. However, I believe the biggest tragedy of this war was that these people died for what? What good came out of this?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Agreed on the part we shouldn't forget plenty of innocent lives were lost. However, I believe the biggest tragedy of this war was that these people died for what? What good came out of this?

The fact that they are now able to vote freely for whoever they want. For you that may not be a very important thing. But for someone who never has had that privilege (Basic human right) it is a huge deal.

But like any young democracy things take time.

IMO because they are based on a tribal system for thousands of years. Everything that USA does will be for zero. Read the comments made by Alexander the great sometime about this area. The people of this area have to do it for themselves.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by greenfruit]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfruit

Interesting...

My son was deployed to Iraq. Did his duty for 18 months and left Iraq in March of this year and now has been reassigned elsewhere. Thankfully out of harms way. For now. He gave me his first hand account. He told me how many things are not covered by the Media simply becuase it's BORING. Only the Gloom and Doom is covered becuase of it's shock value.

I remember something my Grandfather once told me...

It doesn't really matter how or why the Mule got stuck in the mud.

Get it out!

In the end arguing over whether we should have gone in or not or for what reason doesn't really matter anymore. What does matter is how are we going to leave the Iraqi people and their new government?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
When Obama planned to remove the troops from Iraq, I was thinking "hit and run." We got into this horrible mess and now we're going to leave Iraq in the state it's currently in.

Then we learned Obama's just a liar. Therefore, we won't ever be leaving Iraq as there will ALWAYS be US military located there.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Gates: Some US troops may be leaving Iraq early

ABOARD A U.S. MILITARY AIRCRAFT — A combat brigade of 5,000 American troops may be brought home early from Iraq if the trend of reduced violence holds, Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Wednesday.

It was the first suggestion that the Obama administration might rethink its decision to keep as many forces in Iraq as possible this year. Obama has settled on a gradual withdrawal plan despite his opposition to the war as a candidate.

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said later that "conditions on the ground" will dictate any quickening of the withdrawal pace.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Even though Some troops will withdraw, our embassy there is the largest US embassy in the world.

new topics

top topics

join