It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My beliefs, and what does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have been wondering on faith, and religion, to ask what religion am i apart of?

I want to ask you all to help me.

Here are my personal beliefs.

I believe there are gods, but not ones that are to be worshipped, like God, or Allah.

I believe Reincarnation exists, and there is no eternal salvation or damnation.

I believe that the human race was created through evolution

I believe that good and evil do not exist

I believe that godhood is earned through 1000s of years of learning about life and lessons

What does that make me? Buddhist? Antitheist? Satanist? Christian? (not likely).

Please help me out here! :bnghd:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Shoomoo

Confused.

Instead of beliefs, go in the way of understanding. Pretty much all religions teach that if you get past the organized religion part of it that teaches acceptance and beliefs(churches and so forth).

Buddha said -- Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

Proverbs 9

6Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.

7He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.

8Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.

9Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

10The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

fear of the Lord doesn't mean fear like a snake is going to bite you, it means like respect, to be in awe of, to revere and so forth. Like the way you might fear your parents, or not want to disappoint them etc.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoomoo

I believe that good and evil do not exist

I believe that godhood is earned through 1000s of years of learning about life and lessons

I believe there are many things about the Universe we don't know...

I believe that there's evil. If someone beats you to a pulp, tortures you, and even turn you into their slave just for the pleasure of it, would you think it's simply nothing?

For me, evil doesn't just constitute spiritual beings or demons, humans can be evil too without being demon-possessed or something.

I don't believe in Godhood even if I may be granted the powers of a God. True creativity seems to work opposite that of human nature.... If you crave for power and control and it's all that's matter to you, you can never have powers that are of God's or that of the Universe.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Good and Evil IMHB are all perspectives. The person torturing may think its for a good cause, like how the U.S. thinks waterboarding is for good, while the tortured thinks it is evil.

You do not know what the other is thinking (unless they tell you )

Also I mean in a spiritual scale, not a physical scale.

[edit on 7/31/2009 by Shoomoo]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

reply to post by ahnggk

Good and Evil IMHB are all perspectives. The person torturing may think its for a good cause, like how the U.S. thinks waterboarding is for good, while the tortured thinks it is evil.

You do not know what the other is thinking (unless they tell you )

Also I mean in a spiritual scale, not a physical scale.

You have to look at it from both perspectives in order to have an idea on the truth. When you look at things from the other side, then you can see the beam in your own eye, and that allows you to see correctly.

If the US had looked at it from both sides, they wouldn't have made such a mistake.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Good and Evil IMHB are all perspectives.

Thier not perspectives if we're right! Its a gamable life after death. Does good exist does it not. IF God does exist with Salvation then

I understand your spiritual desire, but have you ever thought that you where wrong. Have you pray to the Gods or God you believe to know the truth?

[edit on 1-8-2009 by slymattb]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Whatever path or direction feels right to you is the right path... we cannot name it, we cannot guide it; we are not you, and what is right for us may not be so for you.

Myself, I believe that the god above and the god below are siblings / lovers, and they spawned a group of watchers, so to speak, to guard over and protect gateways into this realm, and that their fathers, which they pushed back so long ago, will return to reclaim this world.

Am I right? For me, yes. Is my way (only briefly touched upon) the correct path? Perhaps, but it is the path I am walking.

I don't think it matters how you believe, but only that you do. You know, faith the size of a mustard seed and all that. And besides...

"All paths lead on to me, for I am known by many names."

new topics

top topics

join