It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese Come Calling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Truth Dig

"Suddenly, it was U.S. officials who were promising deep reform to their disgraced economic system rather than demanding it from incompetent foreigners. President Barack Obama’s economic team of Clinton-era holdovers, who a decade ago had hectored China on the virtues of fiscal responsibility, now were falling over themselves to reassure the Chinese that their $1.5 trillion stake in U.S. government-issued securities is safe, and that they should buy more at this week’s $200 billion Treasury auction.  If they don’t, we’re in big trouble."
I wonder what the Chinese would plan to do if we can't get our ducks in a row; simply pull out of their investments or take more of an American style approach fto force compliance. Interesting the way the world has been turning lately.
Sorry if I did this wrong...this is my first thread on this site...tried to follow the rules. Couldn't find any way to do the "snippet from source" thing, but everything should be cited correctly anyways.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Thanks Moose. What do you think the 'American Style' of forced compliance would look like? I had heard rumors before that maybe they owned property here that was used as collateral and they would just come seize it. It sounds sort of silly to me, but why not? America invades countries for far less of a reason that indebtedness, right?

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I mean invasions and military intimidation. Not sure it would come to that, but over a trillion is a huge chunk of money to lose just cause we can't get our act together.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am pretty sure that China owns a fairly good chunk of the US.

So this implies the possibilty of them claiming it.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm hoping we give the Chinese California or Jersey.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It won't be military. It will be negotiated with behind the scenes B.S. and more empty promises. We will promise them technology or something.
If all else fails they will find something else to tax us on and repay the debt with that.

top topics

join