It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STS Glowie-spheres explained

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Ok....after posting COUNTLESS replies in COUNTLESS threads on SEVERAL forums like this one, i have a couple images here to show what happens when points of distant light are TOO bright and BLEED on a camera aperture.....

Remember that infamous STS vid showing what appear to be living pulsating spheres flying around the tether...well dont get excited..its nothing but points of ice & debris, and bright points at that given the lack of atmosphere and 'air' (physics 101...look up how all these things are affected).....anyway thats all it is is a fine point of light seen by the lens at an aperture set to infinity with no frame of focused reference..SPECIALLY when the item is REAL close to the lens. In the case of that event i would have to say MOS DEF Dust...yup tiny tiny tiny dust/ice particles.

Clearly you can see the ribbing effect in the light like the events..as well as the notching.

here we see it in action here on earth...quite uneventful like everything else in life, sorry to say.

[IMG=http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/2246/redlightnightc.jpg][/IMG]

[IMG=http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/5030/redlightnight.jpg][/IMG]

[edit on 29-7-2009 by jeddun]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
jeddun, I know for certain that the infamous explanation you present is incorrect, but I'm just interested in hearing how you think it's possible for ice crystals and debris to make an intelligent formation (irregular polygon w/ symmetry) in space.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A fair attempt, I'd say, but not one that's thorough enough to convince me of the notion. Sorry...

Not saying that the tether lights are alien craft; just saying that your explanation doesn't tell me anything either.

Dropping out...

- Eleph

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Explanation failure

perhaps that is what you wish to believe the UFO's are but the same lights and shapes are shown in hundreds of NASA videos

Gee those ice particles sure get around

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes, there are many threads about the video, like this one. It has been noted by many that the notched circles are most likely just point objects out of focus. Despite all that, there are those who think the objects really are of the shape that they appear to be, but I guess no evidence to the contrary will convince them.

However, if you watch the video in the beginning of that thread where the flight paths have been marked, you can see that it's not the shapes of the objects that are most intriguing, but the flight paths. Many of them change their speed or heading quite suddenly at times, something which free-falling objects in space don't do. Now one explanation for this that has sometimes been offered is that the objects could be very close and change their speed or heading when they hit the exhaust plume of the shuttle that has the camera onboard it, but that seems to be just too simple to explain what can be seen in their paths, and to my knowledge that aspect remains to be explained.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by cnuum]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

starred n flagged.

good luck convincing the Tether ppl, STS ppl etc. though!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Wouldn't any 7 points on a plane be the vertices of an "irregular heptagon"? What is so intelligent about it?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
It wouldn't be any points on a plane; it would be any 7, mutually non-colinear points (that is, no more than two points on any given straight line). That would form a heptagon, if there were 7 points.

So I don't see how an irregular heptagon is a sign of intelligence. It's a sign that seven points are visible and form a seven-sided polygon. An *irregular* polygon, which again makes me wonder where the notion of intelligence comes in.

I will say that many photographic artifacts are hexagonal in shape, reflecting the shape of the iris of the lens. This has confused many people. And there are dozens of lens, film, CCD, and other anomalies that are puzzling and often confusing to someone who is unfamiliar with photography.

That doesn't explain all UFO's of course - it doesn't even explain most of them. But it does explain some.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yaaaawn...wow come on guys.....that's all you got for me? jeez...my explanation still holds....Occum's Razor is my first clue as to 'why'; these things are easily explained by floating debris...

furthermore people i WILL take THE most plausible argument presented to my hypothesis and summarily beat that into the ground:

One of you said something about vectoring? That 'vectoring' is due to the shuttle itself..when the shuttle makes any type of correction in flight/orbit it shoots a type of 'thruster' which do in fact send particles flying quite abruptly i may add...and in a vacuum like space things fly all over the place FAST as there is NO friction.

so...yaaaaaaaa sadly......my booooring explanation stands.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eniac

Thanx man!! =)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
long ago people looked up at the night sky and pictured it as a curtain with holes poked in it.

The 'heptagon' isn't necessarily intelligent, nor is it in the same plane.

If you look at the stars they all appear to be the same distance from us, making bear and lion shapes, and big dippers in the sky.

But when they are observed from a different perspective you can see they are all at different distances, intensities, brightnesses, etc.

The hypothesis that the 'heptagon' is an intelligent shape could be extrapolated into "snowflakes" being intelligent because they are geometric and pretty.

I think it's dust or ice; HOWEVER....

There are unexplained things in our world. I once knew a dude who kept an alien wrapped up like a burrito in his freezer after he went for a walk in the woods and the alien turned his pet dog inside-out.

Explain THAT with Occam's Razor!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
It wouldn't be any points on a plane; it would be any 7, mutually non-colinear points (that is, no more than two points on any given straight line). That would form a heptagon, if there were 7 points.

Oh, good call. I forgot about mutual non-colinearity. Thanks for the correction.

@hermantinkly

How could you "know" the explanation is wrong? That's not very open-minded, is it?

@warrenb

Umm, yes. Ice particles do get around. Space is cold, you see.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

LOL you produce the corpse and pull Occum himself from his grave and spank him =)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
What about the orbs that appear out of the blackness?

There are videos where the orbs begin to 'appear' until it nearly fills the screen like the one time when the space shuttle was trying to find the space station and couldn't because all these white points of light began appearing out of nowhere.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hmm, could be that I guess... but that video is so crappy and over-exposed in the first place, I dont see what the big fuss is.

Although if you are going to come up with explanations you need at least 50 examples of pictures, 10 videos and at least 8 credible scientists to agree with you before you'll convince anyone.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I think the usual explanation is that when the objects are not seen, they're in the shadow of the shuttle, and light up when they drift from the shadow into sunlight. Also meteoroids can be unseen until they enter the atmosphere and start to burn. So you should be able to show that it's not a case of either of these to show that it's something unexplainable.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
S&F from me too!

It only takes a little reading and experimentation into the field of photography to learn exactly what you are talking about. Sadly a lot of people don't have a clue about even simple physics, and therefore just assumes any blurry dot in a photo must be an alien spaceship.

(And I'm a firm believer in those too, but I have to, just HAVE to use my sense of logic before I jump aboard any wild theory
)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
What about the orbs that appear out of the blackness?

There are videos where the orbs begin to 'appear' until it nearly fills the screen like the one time when the space shuttle was trying to find the space station and couldn't because all these white points of light began appearing out of nowhere.

When no light is shining on them they don't reflect light and can't be seen.

Remember that in space (nobody can hear you scream) there are no air particles to diffuse or refract light.

Therefore, anything that is not directly in line with the light of the camera will not be illuminated.

It's like when there is a New Moon. (first one to bring up Twilight gets smacked). The moon is 'there' in the sky but we can't see it because it's not being directly lit by the sun.

Because space is an absolute cold black background even the tiniest particle of dust is going to show up with great contrast as soon as light hits it because there is no atmosphere around to absorb any reflected light.

But... back to the alien burrito...

I will produce INCONTROVERTIBLE proof.

Maybe.

If google works.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
So I don't see how an irregular heptagon is a sign of intelligence. It's a sign that seven points are visible and form a seven-sided polygon. An *irregular* polygon, which again makes me wonder where the notion of intelligence comes in.

Did you look at the picture or did you just type that to appear intelligent amongst the crowd? The irregular polygonal shape they formed wasn't just seven points scattered at random on a plane, the formation was symmetrical, and there was one that lit up in the centre. The points on each hemisphere of the formation are perfectly parallel to each other. Also, if you watch the original video, you'd see how they all travel into position and light up one-by-one in a very systematic, timed manner. This is an incredible sign of intelligence. They appear as translucent blobs beforehand and you can actually track them with your finger while this happens.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Are you sure that formation is symmetrical? It doesn't look symmetrical to me.

And how can we be sure that they are on a plane and not some closer than others?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join