It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird smelly fog

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It is surprising to find our what plant/factorys are around you and what they release into the air. The buildings don't always give any clues. We have a fairly non-descript small office building/factory, which works with plastics. The smell was not pleasant and lingered in the very close by and never drifted more than half a mile.

You could check a map for industry/estates/landfill etc. That could give you a clue.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Could it be UFO related? Thats my best guess from the Op. If so they are not the friendly type most likely, be careful ok? Keep lots of positive energy flowing in your life. Be creative and thankful for the small things. Drink loads of water and stay clean and clear. Play beautiful music and be happy dont worry!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I seriously doubt it has anything to do with UFO's as there are probably over 100 possible normal explanations for it that you can find if you search hard enough and ask the right questions. (not that I am saying they don't exist nor am I bashing your you or your comment in any way) as your post has just as much validity as anyone else's here. Im just thinking we should look at all the normal, scientific, tangible possibilities ruling those out first.

If it were UFO related, perhaps the aliens developed an engine that ran on fart power. Eat enough garlic and protein and you'll never run out of fuel

[edit on 29-7-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

OK, so my rational scientific approach would be this:

Op, it was probably due to manure spreading filtering into your awareness because of the ground being at a higher temperature than the air (you know all the odd cold fronts this summer) the fog was present which only componded your experience.

So, Ground warmer than air, causing 'fog' in localized area, and Local farmers spreading manuere as it is the right time of year for that which explais the strange smell, probably turkey sheet .

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Excellent! I forgot about the possibility of farmers spreading fertilizer (which I should have thought of since I live near a bunch of smelly farms, lol). Good work indeed!

I wish I could give you 2 stars for that one but alas....... it wont let me

OP, do you live near any farmland?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by QBSneak000]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
High humidity can help smells to propagate. Storms can shift prevailing winds and bring in smells that otherwise do not blow/drift to you. In Raleigh, NC, when the weather is right, it is possible to clearly smell a paper pulp mill in Roanoke Rapids, NC, approximately 90 miles away.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If I wasn't sick for a whole day after 2 encounters I would not be worried. The fact that the ducks are still alive is postive. If it was something deadly that would have left completely or died.
It could be two thing happening at once.
The fog and the storms roll in. The person or people decideds to burn trash, do drugs or grill without cooking food? (lol on that one). I know what grilled food smells like and it smells good.
Because they seem to concide together it seems eiry. The smell probably makes me sick because it was unexpected.
I am not sure but this sounds like a great start for a sci-fi story. I have the hugest over active imgination in the world.
I have lived though things blowing up, tornados, chemical fires in my area and other freak occurrences. This is why I worry.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Well relax, and enjoy a BBQ yourself when the rains not in a down pour, do what makes you feel great about where you live and stay creative, any thing to not give in to the energy which is making you uneasy.

It probably does have some ordinary explanation and as you stated just odd when several factors come into play at once, but sounds like you are feeling much better now after having talked about your concerns right? I know it helps me to talk about my concerns even in Cyberspace as it is.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

It does make me feel better to try to figure out. I thought maybe there were some sort of phemona that puts it all together.
It be great to have a barbque if only the darn lighter would work outside. Lol.
I really love coming on here because it helps me make sense of the really odd things that happen in life.
I love to write so I think I will create a story that has that scene that happened the other day with the fog rolling in; the red hot sky and the smells it could be a very creepy scene.
The lightening cut across sideways as if wanting to cut my neighbor in half. Then the fog envoloped him as the sky glowed volcano red. The loud booms sounded more like bombs than thunder. The smell crept in through the vents. It looked and smelled the begginning of hell. The sulfur smell burned my nose and the air tasted like characoal on a hot summer's day.
I don't know just a start...I know if I could put down exatly what happened in a different context I have a very creepy story like the mist or something.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ozone and air pollution interacting, hence the funny smell.

Ozone reacts directly with some hydrocarbons such as aldehydes and thus begins their removal from the air, but the products are themselves key components of smog. Ozone photolysis by UV light leads to production of the hydroxyl radical OH and this plays a part in the removal of hydrocarbons from the air, but is also the first step in the creation of components of smog such as peroxyacyl nitrates which can be powerful eye irritants.

Certain examples of cities with elevated ozone readings are Houston, Texas, and Mexico City, Mexico. Houston has a reading of around 41 ppb, while Mexico City is far more hazardous, with a reading of about 125 ppb.[19]

en.wikipedia.org...

Thunderstorms produce large quantities of ozone,

Enhancements in ozone were observed between about 3 and 10 km altitude within an electrically active storm in central New Mexico. Measurements from satellite sensors and ground-based radar show cloud top pressures between 300 and 150 mb in the vicinity of an ozonesonde launched from Socorro, NM, and heavy precipitation with radar reflectivities exceeding 50 dBZ. www.agu.org...

[edit on 043131p://pm3111 by masonwatcher]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join