It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

another prediction that probably won't come true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Is the supposed collapse of the US Economy by August 20-22, the webbot predicted it and so far I see no signs of an economic collapse.

I do however see signs of an economic rebound, things are looking good...or do they just look good on paper but in reality the economy is still doing baddd

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It could get gnarly if Congress waits until the August break is over before taking up the healthcare vote.

After the break it will also be time to come up with a budget and lawmakers are already smacking their foreheads over the "Stimulus" and going, "What the hell were we thinking? Where are we going to get a TRILLION DOLLARS?"

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is the summer, feel good rebound that was expected. Construction is up, seasonal jobs are a plenty, and people have pre-planned vacations and such. Here in Florida, it is a slower than normal tourist season so far.

So, yes, about the time school restarts and seasonal employment ends, we should see a more realistic view.

August 20 through October 31 is my personal prediction. I think this October will be far worse than last October. I don't put much faith in Webbot.

The extended unemployment benefits will run out toward the end of November. This will give a false reading of a lower unemployment rate that Obama will be bragging on during his first State of the Union address.

Don't believe it!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7
"I do however see signs of an economic rebound, things are looking good...or do they just look good on paper but in reality the economy is still doing baddd"

What signs are these that you are seeing? What paper are you reading when you say they look good on paper? I know that thousands of people have run out of un-employment insurance and according to our govt. they are now considered no longer un-employed. So now I hear from the CNN-FOX Celebrity news network that the un-employment rate has fallen in this country but that is only because thousands have run out of insurance. They are fudging these facts to keep some countrys from dumping the dollar. i.e. China.
GM has moved its parts factory to Bolivia after first recieving billions in bail-out money. Chrysler is off to China after recieving its bail-out money. Those are jobs that will never ever come back to America.
If your talking about what your hearing on the news then yes according to them the recession is all but over. But don't tell that to the 8.5 million+ people who have lost thier jobs.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The Web Bot is a joke. It's a bog-standard scraper that collects a bunch of keywords, according to some corny data-mining algorithm, which sound bad and spits them out. Then some fool tries to interpret them.

Ignore Web-bot. I thought it had been shut down anyway??

As to the economy... who knows? Seems like the worst case scenarios have been avoided (meltdown of the financial infrastructure). I hope you guys in USA can pull the world the hell out of this mess, but they're saying that Chinese consumption is going to be the main driver of the recovery. Either way, I think the worst is behind us. Well, maybe...

What sickens me is that the bankers and so on have survived and are going about their normal skiving business: have you heard about Goldman's profits, and how they're getting them??!
washingtonindependent.com... ldmans-profits-privilege

When are we going to learn that top-level financial scum can't be trusted???

[edit on 29-7-2009 by eniac]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Is the supposed collapse of the US Economy by August 20-22, the webbot predicted it and so far I see no signs of an economic collapse.

I do however see signs of an economic rebound, things are looking good...or do they just look good on paper but in reality the economy is still doing baddd

Well in my part of the country unemployment is rampant. Homes are still empty. There are TONS of retail store front's available, retail stores closing down or closed, the malls are turning into ghost towns. I see lot's of empty tables when I go out to eat (except for 2 for 1 patron and 6.99 fajita's night, that's always bumpin).

Don't really see anything getting better here.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wait a minute.
Did you just say the economy is looking good and there is a rebound?

Let's see....one of the reasons Obama got elected was because he and the media kept stating how bad the economy was when Bush was in office.

Now with multi-trillion dollar debt, double digit unemployment, housing still in the tank and slow consumer sales somehow the economy looks good and everything is fine? Wow
Talk about being brainwashed.

[edit on 7/29/2009 by WhatTheory]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Economic rebound? I now know more people unemployed, than employed. Where I work, we took a 3% pay cut back in March, and starting in mid July we had to take another 6% pay cut. I work for a trucking company, and if I compare the freight we are moving to last year at this time, it is down, not a lot, but it is down. But since the economy is bad, just to keep most of the "main" customers we have, we had to give them discounts. HUGE discounts, like 70%-85% discounts.

Even though the total of a 9% pay cut over the past 4 months, I am scraping by, but at least I can say, "I have a job!"

"Hops on his forklift and drives away... "

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
dont know where u got your information,but webbot guys were on coast to coast on july 21st and said around august 22nd would be the trigger,and then SLOWLY going downhill all the way to march,when a collapse should happen,bigger than the one in ocotber 08.
Get your facts straight please.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valeri
dont know where u got your information,but webbot guys were on coast to coast on july 21st and said around august 22nd would be the trigger,and then SLOWLY going downhill all the way to march,when a collapse should happen,bigger than the one in ocotber 08.
Get your facts straight please.

This sounds 100% accurate, but most of us did not need a Webbot to see it!! I feel that is exactly what will happen. Don't know what the trigger might be, or if it will even be obvious. By October it should be obvious the Stimulus was a failure. By December much of the unemployment will run out. In January Obama will give a colossal LIE of a State of the Union Address, and by March most of the country will realize we are screwed!!!

new topics

top topics

join