It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiery images as killer volcano that claimed 36,000 lives stirs once more

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Those are some great pics!

Not sure if this is related, but there was just a 5.4 Mag earthquake earlier today about 300 miles southeast of Krakatoa.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Seems to be another area to keep an eye on now. There was considerable seismic activity in the area prior to its last big eruption, so if this increases it may be additional cause for alarm. Until then, we probably ought to just enjoy the pictures.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know it's been said many times already but... THOSE ARE AWESOME PICS!! and what a view...

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Only amateur photographers use flash

yeh but you never seen the size of the flash gun

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
That is beautiful and intimidated , I hope all the people will evacuate before it blows, I will pray for them

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by UKWO1Phot

Thank you for posting the links, I was trying to find them when I realised I was 10min late leaving for work.

Given that our planet is going to cross the Galatic Plane in the comming years these stresses are only going to intensify as the planet is subjected to increasing gravity forces.

What concerns me is when these forces start to release once we have passed the halfway point.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrpotatohead
As far as volcanos., it is no coincidence that they are all getting more active in the past months. They are all part of the sign of the times, for people that want to go that route. I look to see more activity as the year passes. I also look for more strange happenings in nature. Again, they are part of the warning, for those that follow that belief. Many more rumblings to come I think.

Firstly, "more active". Your claim, can you prove it? Relative to when?

Second, "sign of the times", what "times" are they then?

What makes you think there will be more activity and on what do you base your assumption? Does one more erruption anywhere in the world count or can you define your meaning now?

Finally, this volcano has been on and off active since Krakatoa destroyed itself, this isn't posted due to its activity but because someone went and took stunning pictures!

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angel One
Yeah it is my theory that if all the volcanoes along the plate boundaries come alive at roughly the same time, then that would prime the tectonic mechanical system for an event of superfast plate techtonics. I don't believe in slow changes but more like catastrophism. This will be testable starting soon.

There is expected to be a much more significant rise in volcanic and seismic activity coming very soon, this is where my theory will become testable.

I have a theory for the reasons behind these catastrophic awakenings but I will publish it as a paper for my thesis. Cool thing is my ideas may very well prove that the Earth actually changes very rapidly in cyclic episodes, then slows down for long periods of time.

Oh and yes, Geology is my major and I am working on a doctarate; just to clarify that I have education in this matter. I warned the government that the ring of fire was awakening in 2005 or so, and sadly they blew my council off, now it is begining to happen. It will only get worse and within twenty years, I believe that about 1/3 of the Earth may be covered by volcanic activity and flood basalt eruptions. Mark my words for that is my prediction.

Can you provide any evidence that these "superfast" movements have occurred in the past?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join