It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whale saves drowning diver

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz

Whale saves drowning diver

www.thesun.co.uk

A beluga whale saved a drowning diver by hoisting her to the surface, carrying her leg in its mouth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Awesome story!!

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Oh I know. Just happened with a cruise ship the other week.

My opinion- Get rid of the massive cruise ships, teach captains to be more careful, and have the boat checked often to make sure they're not pushing along anything injured.

But honestly people are so selfish. The noise is doing harm, anyway. Get rid of recreational cruises.

No one will agree with me, though.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen
Whaling has been a part of our survival and sustenance for MANY Millennia, and it still remains so in certain societies now-a-days. Therefore, I do not ...

I seriously doubt this is true, as it makes no economic sense to people who actually ' live by ' the sea... plenty of fish, shrimp, and clams out there, you know ?

A meat source like this would certainly impact the culinary culture of Japan. Sushi just wouldn't dispose of such bounties.
Do the Japanese make pemmicin like plains Indians did to preserve the buffalo meat ?
Do they make salt-pork ( whale ) or bacon like the caribs ?
Do they pickle it or jerky it ?
I ask because I really don't know.

I have a feeling that whaling is a small brain/small penis/right of passage sort of thing.

I hope the Japanese girls will be a bit more accomodating... these guys look pretty tense.

[edit on 31-7-2009 by Skelkie3]

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Crazy whale...........

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
A wonderful example that demonstrates animals intelligence and compassion for other species as well as their own. As a vegan I am constantly praying that people will realise that animals experience the same depth of emotions as we do, and are far more intelligent than we give them credit for. Its about time, in our "developed" world that we recognise that abusing animals for food/entertainment/clothes etc. is wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JennyJen

agreed

It is my belief that humans, due to our intelligence and capabilities, have a responsibilty to look after the planet and it's residents by caring for other species, not killing them.

[edit on 2/8/2009 by skibtz]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join