It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schwarzenegger ends budget saga with more cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Schwarzenegger ends budget saga with more cuts

features.csmonitor.com

As he sat down cheerlessly to sign California’s $24 billion budget solution – including $16.1 billion in spending cuts – Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger said Tuesday morning that the solution included “the good, the bad, and the ugly.” “Good,” he said, “because we did not raise taxes, we made government live within its means, we made the necessary cuts to be fiscally responsible…. Bad, because we had to make severe cuts to education and health care and vulnerable citizens.… Ugly because the legislators gave me $156 negative reserve and I had to spend the past weekend finding mo
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
This is disturbing to say the least. meanwhile "on paper" they have balanced the budget of California, this will mean that there will be less spending on things such as child welfare, AIDs prevention and treatment, and less spending on parks also.

According to the article this is the biggest rollback in social services in the history of California.

I am sure there are people who take advantage of the child welfare, but i am also sure there are many children who really need this, not to mention the fact that there are many people, and children who have the HIV virus and will also see their treatments gone because of these cuts.

So the government has bailed out the rich, meanwhile the poor, and even lower Middle Class are seeing many programs, which was helping them, being taken away.

I wonder what is next.

features.csmonitor.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
If people are so angry about it, they should have voted it down in the state legislature. They did not. Bunch of cowards.

Now the only choices left to Californians...get out of the state, or vote those scumbags out of office.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Ahhh my home state of California.
A nice place to visit but I chose not to live there.
They should do what they always do....

Create yet ANOTHER Proposition that repeals all the other propositions they have passed in the past 30 years or so that prevented the state from collecting all the taxes they need to actually run a state.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

TPTB that run the show want the sheep to think all is well

who knows what is going on or what devious plans they have

new topics

top topics

join