It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

powers vs. christianity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
so i've been having some interesting talks with people recently, and it seems to me that i may have the "Christian" worldview of truth, which can be tainted, rather than what really is true, which cannot. i've been told all my life that powers come from the devil, with no real proof to back it up. i've noticed there are actually passages in Scripture that say otherwise. like the one where a woman touched Jesus' robe and He "felt power go out from him", not to mention the two witnesses of Revelation, who can call fire at will. these sound to me like powers can come from either source. truth is, powers are very real and are at work today. i believe that some people are simply afraid, like myself, to disagree with what they've been taught all their life. little do they know that they could be destined for greatness, willed by God Himself! i wonder how these people would react if they got to Heaven, only to have God tell them that they didn't follow His will for their life. but i digress. i now believe in powers that come from God. the only question is, where is the boundary line? where do powers become non-Christian? people can use powers from either source, and i believe it only matters what you do with them that determines that boudary line. so if there is anybody like me, please do not be afraid to be who God meant you to be. powers given to you are a gift, whether people say so or not. so don't be afraid to use them, just as long as you us ethem in a God-honoring way. and not what people consider God-honoring, but what God considers God-honoring. powers vs christianity doesn't have to be the norm. i say powers should be normal for Christians. after all, the Bible does say so. the Holy Spirit gives people these gifts to benefit mankind and bring glory to God, and it gives gifts to everyone who chooses to receive Him. powers are normal, and it's a truth we all need to accept.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Personally, I tend to agree with you. I was more or less raised Catholic, and in addition to the Biblical passages you mentioned, at least the Catholic Christian tradition is full of similar stories of Saints with visions, and as the Church calls it "miracles". A long time ago, I made the connection between these so called miracles and the abilities that some people possess. I think the line is as you said, how you decide to use it. I have been visited by a few deceased family and friends, and if they asked to relay a message I have, if not, then it will stay between us. My personal theory about the subject all goes back to control. If people were to utilize their potentional, how could the masses be controlled? Therefore, completely discredit any and all possibility of their existance and eventually people will no longer try, whether it be out of fear or disbelief.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

i now believe in powers that come from God. the only question is, where is the boundary line? where do powers become non-Christian? people can use powers from either source, and i believe it only matters what you do with them that determines that boudary line.

Autowrench:
I think you have answered your own question here. I am not a "Christian," by any sense of the word, and as matter of fact I call myself a Wiccan, which is a devil worshipping evil thing to most of Christianity. That being said, I have experimented with the Elemental Powers, and have found that they are not good, or evil they just are. Take the Power of Water, for instance.
What a power water is! It can consume a person in an instant, or take a great ship down to it's depths. It can devastate a city on it's coastline. But, it can also put out a fire. (which is another power) It can sooth a person taking a bath, or bring wetness to a dry countryside.
One can call on these powers for help when needed, or to ask the rainstorm to let up a bit so you can get home safe. It is not Christian, nor is it Pagan to do this. Water, Fire, Earth, and Air make up everything here on this planet, and, dare I say, it is the make up of the known universe. When one is saying a prayer, or a spell..(same thing) they are calling on these powers to do something or other.

There are Power Words too, and one must be careful with these. Take the name "Jesus" for instance. How many times have people called out this name, thus creating an entity, and feeding this entity power. Now, would this be a "God?" No, it would be another Elemental. Do you see how people, using and being fed religious dogma for years, have used these powers to mostly destroy the world.....don't laugh, I personally know Christians who are actively, reverently praying for the end of the world to come.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It's simple really.

Love.

Thats it. We are all one, so love one another. It will benifit you greatly.

If somebody says they want to save you, don't believe them. They can't even save themselves.

All you need is love.

top topics

join