It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glenn Beck - No One Listened to Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I read her post and understood exactly what she meant and so did you.

No one listened to Obama is teh point you should reply to. Oops! Typo. I hope you can figure out what it really means all by yourself.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by buddhasystem

The problem is that Obama and every other president wants to FIX America's financial problems.

I am of the opinion that they need indeed to be fixed. I don't like the way it's been done so far. Look, we in fact already know what happens when the govt. washes its collective hands and let the banks have it their way. The disaster would have happened if the strict regulation was not intentionally eroded. I worked in financial services and I think I know what I'm talking about.

If they fail, they fail and will be replaced by other businesses that are better suited to do the job.

Sorry but that sounds overly naive. I'm all for capitalism but sinking a few major banks would eviscerate the money flow in this country. You can't recreate an aircraft that crashed from parts you buy form suppliers, in 12 hours. Similarly, you can't just hope that somebody opens a huge business in week to replace AIG etc.

The "NEW DEAL" of the 1930s just prolonged the Great Depression.

I don't see it this way. By the way, wasn't Social Security the result of that, too?

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
I guess sitting on your rear end and doing nothing constitutes as sanity.

Au contraire! I work within the system. Within the law. And it works! Obama is POTUS and we have democratic majorities in the House and Senate.
But if you even consider taking up arms against your government - against your fellow Americans then YOU ARE A LOSER BEFORE YOU FIRE THE FIRST SHOT. There are lots of things worth living and dying for but paranoid fantasy life isn't one of them.

posted on Sep, 15 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarshMallow_Snake
reply to post by smilinggrandma

When our citizens spell America wrong, then you are right. Our best days are behind us.

You mean something similar like "Color" and "Colour"?

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Lilitu

I'm not implying that we go out right now and start shooting up soldiers or govt. officials. I'm saying, when we are forced into martial law and we are thrown into the FEMA camps like chickens in a coop, then we should do something about it. Do you not think that the revolutionists of the 1700s seemed crazy to try and take on their govt? It was only a handful of people that took the lead to declair independence from Britain and start a war. We call it "revolutionary" yet this is the same kind of thing that happened in our "civil war" which could have just as easily been called a "revolutionary war" due to the fact the south wanted to break from the union (a constitutional right). I use to be a big fan of Lincoln until I read the real stories about him. He used the "slavery" thing as a driving force to go to war with the south. He jailed and had executed anyone from the north in the media or elsewhere that reported in favor of the south. His assassination was a direct result of him acting tyrannal and ignoring the constitutional right of the states to seceed from the union. I see similar things happening now with the government controlling many of the large banks and 60 percent of GM. Not to mention, the CEO of GE holds a place in our government. Obama is now poised at taking over health care by tactically calling for a "public option" that will lowball all other insurance companies causing them to go out of business, creating a monopoly for the fed. govt. So when our govt. meddles in the affairs of a free market by controlling banks, corporations, and healthcare, I think I have a reason to worry. We seriously have not had a good president since the last of our founding fathers. They are all hungry for power and money now. That's why the PEOPLE must take back control of our country. Sue me if that makes me sound crazy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join