It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uighur leader says 10,000 went missing in one night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Uighur leader says 10,000 went missing in one night

news.yahoo.com

Nearly 10,000 Uighurs involved in deadly riots in China's northwestern Xinjiang region went missing in one night, exiled Uighur activist Rebiya Kadeer said Wednesday, calling for an international investigation.

In Xinjiang's worst ethnic violence in decades, Uighurs on July 5 attacked Han Chinese in the regional capital of Urumqi after police tried to break up a protest against fatal attacks on Uighur workers at a factory in south China.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If this is true, it is a show to the world that the Chinese government is as repressive as ever.

The Uighur activist called for an independent international investigation into the dissapearances, but China will not allow for this nomatter what.

The Chinese government will make it's own inquiry and claim "no one has dissapeared", or they might simply just claim so. But one thing is certain, they are not going to allow any international investigation.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
ahh you beat me to it. I don't believe in web pots but its kinda crazy to read that headline with the prediction they had made about people starting to disappear.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Quite normal. If You make the bussiness with the criminals you should not to wrinkle your nose when they kill somebody(actually to your profit: the uygurs young and healthy organs will show up quickly on the medical international organ market to the mutual benefit! Its that simple...

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]forgot one thing:
there was very good medical adverisment in that "trade" in the 90es: no proof but maybe some of you remember (I think its always possible to find it) it goes more or less like that:
" the transpalantations seldoms went good because the organs are too late removed from the bodies. Our organs are always really fresh..."

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ZenOnKwalsky]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Now this is more like the China that we expect from yesteryear.

If it has any truth in it at all.

Have not seen any evidence, although I admit the absence of riot headlines does add to the credibility a small tad.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
haha, i dont see america stepping up to police china.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'm wondering if they might have been taken over the border to Mongolia or Afghanistan.

The region they were in is fairly close to the border...

Very odd anyway.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Re-education through labor

China Labor Bulletin estimated in 2007 that there are over 300,000 detainees at re-education centers. China Daily estimated that there were a total of 310 re-education centers in China at that time. In 2001, at least 5,000 Falun Gong adherents were thought to be detained in re-education camps.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
We should reposition our ballistic missile defense shield around their godless nation and just get rid of oriental Communism once and for all. (Containment doesn't work)

Or we could just wait until they take over the world and spend our time learning Chinese and shipping our manufacturing capacity to their wonderful nation...

How many Hundred million people did communism kill in the past 100 years?

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
What are the logistics involved in "disappearing" 10,000 humans? Boggles the mind, yet affirms that capabilities to do so have been well strategized and implemented. If they can do it over there, how long before tens of thousands of oppressed Americans "disappear" overnight?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

If this is true, it is a show to the world that the Chinese government is as repressive as ever.

The Uighur activist called for an independent international investigation into the dissapearances, but China will not allow for this nomatter what.

The Chinese government will make it's own inquiry and claim "no one has dissapeared", or they might simply just claim so. But one thing is certain, they are not going to allow any international investigation.

news.yahoo.com

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

Why is it that the governments of a country are NOTHING like the actual people and are ALWAYS repressive....

Ours represses us through economy and control of media and such and they just kidnap you and lock you in a building that is guarded on the inside..

Remember the reporter who went to one of these buildings and tried to ask them questions and you can see/hear a women screaming for help to save her and they just shut the door........

And their Government ALLOWS this and is behind it......

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Was it not our highly regarded Secretary of State who assured the Chinese Government that 'human rights' would not stand in the way of our relationship?

Or am I misremembering?

I wonder if the United Nations will even notice....

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Who in the world has been saying otherwise?

Of course China is terrible. Alot of places are terrible. Most people are subjected to one form of slavery or another throughout their lifetimes. And I don't just mean the Chinese.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BaronVonGodzilla

hear hear.

Even in the western world you are a slave. Whether or not you see the bars of slavery is a different matter

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
As long as the Chinese continue to finance the deficit spending in the United States, you will hear nothing from them in terms of the plight of Urighurs. This revelation is disturbing, but is usual, given the fact; that China is and remains a Communist and Totalitarian regime. I love how people like to think of China as a benevolent capitalist nation but shudder when you bring up the word communism and China.

Like I have said before about this subject, you can't take away a zebras stripes. The Chinese are still principled on communism, and if one speaks contrary to that form of government; they will disappear as well as their family. All roads lead to the communist party in China, if one has no affiliation or is not a member; they are dead in the water over there. Personally, I wish the US never got into bed with China for financial gain and loans; because by our acceptance of their financial support; they are indirectly supporting totalitarianism and oppression to the Chinese people. The US has created a witch's brew with their relationship with China.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

The people who truely run america are most probably in cahoots with those who truely run china anyway. If not, they are the same people!

new topics

top topics

join