It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More and more MSM "journalists" now working in the Obama administration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
You probably didn't hear anything about it, but recently NewsWeek's Washington bureau reporter Daren Briscoe has got a new job as Obama's Deputy Associate Director of Public Affairs for the Office of National Drug Control Policy. This is yet another in a long list of "journalists", who have moved from the MSM to the White House since Obama's inauguration.

Media watchdog Brent Baker has been documenting these conversions from journalist to the Obama administration.

newsbusters.org...

Warren Bass: Washington Post deputy editor (of the Outlook section) > adviser to United Nations Ambassador Dr. Susan Rice.

Daren Briscoe: Newsweek Washington correspondent > Deputy Associate Director of Public Affairs for the Office of National Drug Control Policy.

Jay Carney: Time magazine Washington bureau chief > Assistant to the Vice President and Director of Communications for Vice President Joe Biden.

Linda Douglass: ABC News Washington correspondent (previously with CBS News) > senior strategist and senior campaign spokesperson on the road for the Obama campaign, now Assistant Secretary for Public Affairs at the Department of Health and Human Services and leading spokesman for Obama's health reform.

Kate Albright-Hanna: CNN producer > director of “new media” (online video) for the Obama campaign, “content lead” for the Obama transition Web site.

Peter Gosselin: Los Angeles Times Washington correspondent > speechwriter for Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner.

Sasha Johnson: CNN senior political producer > Press Secretary at the Department of Transportation.

Beverley Lumpkin: Justice Department correspondent for ABC News > Press Secretary at the Justice Department.

Aneesh Raman: CNN Middle East correspondent > worked in communications for the Obama campaign.

Vijay Ravindran: Chief Technology Officer for Catalist, a voter database provider which worked for the Obama campaign > Chief Digital Officer and Senior Vice President of the Washington Post Company.

Rick Weiss: Washington Post science reporter > communications director and senior policy strategist at the White House Office of Science and Technology.

Jill Zuckman: Chicago Tribune Washington correspondent > Director of Public Affairs for the Department of Transportation.

This is becoming quite a list of MSM people who have gone from being propaganda mouthpieces for Obama, to actually working in his administration! This is yet more evidence (as if anymore were needed), that the US MSM is nothing more than a lap dog for democrats and Obama.

You could argue that Fox was a mouthpiece for Bush, but think about that for a second. Fox may have been a parrot, but there were 7 other networks there to torpedo Bush on a daily basis. Not to mention the comedy shows, Hollywood and print media. Now what we have is just the oppisiote. We have one network (Fox) being critical, with all those other outlets being the lap dogs.

This is a problem.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Erm. I'll try and be succint.

Rupert Murdoch, Wall Street Journal, the American Spectator, the Washington Times, George Will, Brit Hume, John McLaughin, Glenn Beck, New York Post, Robert Novak, Michael Kelly, New York Sun, Tucker Carlson, Weekly Standard, Chicago Tribune, William F Buckly Jr, Linda Chavez, Michael Savage, Andrew Sullivan, Fred Barnes, Rush and David Limbaugh, David Horrowitz..... and on.

Now humor aside, I do believe that the media should be at the service of the public. But that particular naivette was burned away from me awhile ago. Both sides do this.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Erm. I'll try and be succint.

Rupert Murdoch, Wall Street Journal, the American Spectator, the Washington Times, George Will, Brit Hume, John McLaughin, Glenn Beck, New York Post, Robert Novak, Michael Kelly, New York Sun, Tucker Carlson, Weekly Standard, Chicago Tribune, William F Buckly Jr, Linda Chavez, Michael Savage, Andrew Sullivan, Fred Barnes, Rush and David Limbaugh, David Horrowitz..... and on.

The list for the left is a Hell of a lot bigger and more influential. Half those people on your list don't even have much of a place in media to begin with. Sorry, but thats a poor attempt to dismiss the much greater majority of left wing media and the fact they are completely in the tank for this administration. If anything that list proves my point.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
anyone wanna do a little research on all these reporters, and find out how many of them are recycled CIA and NSA agents?

also...

I could do a whole thread on how doomed a society is when you start coming up with job titles like..."Deputy Associate Director of Public Affairs for the Office of National Drug Control Policy"

How could any self respecting human take a job with such a nonsense title. I mean, really what does this waste of a person really even do?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

I'm not saying its right..or that I agree with it. But, I will say that I at least have a thought why this is.

From election time through the present most of the MSM (with a few exceptions) have been in love with BO. Watching political news can be like watching "Obama commericals" depending on the station and broadcaster.

So, given that most of the MSM loves Obama so much I can see them jumping at the chance to work in the admin. I'd think it would be a dream come true for most of them.

join