Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
That's the question i pose to you all. There seems to be a general consensus that helping millions of people who cannot afford to get health care is
fundamentally wrong. It seems to suggest that a as long as 'i'm all right Jack' kind of culture exists in the U.S...
From the people who I have talked with, their concern is not about helping others. If the government were to implement a mandatory health system,
there is the potential for them to tell everyone: what to eat, what to drink, how much you 'must' weigh, etc... Its all about the government
controlling 'everyone's' life. Over the past six to seven months, the United States government has embraced nationalization. This is a bad thing.
It will give the government power to control all aspects of life, and it will eventually lead to the regulation of 'everything' we call freedom.
Imagine if we woke up tomorrow morning and everything was nationalized?
Some of things will come from nationalization (socialism):
(1) Regulated meaning behind "The Freedom of Speech".
(2) Regulated weight program that will force people to be a certain size.
(3) Regulated paycheck that limits your economic growth.
(4) Regulated hair length for men and women.
(5) Regulated hair color.
(6) Regulated eye color.
(7) Regulated style of clothes.
(8) Regulated thinking towards one's own country.
(9) Regulated heating systems, which prevents you from adjusting your house thermostat.
(10) Regulated laws that prohibit tattoos and piercings.
(11) Regulated (forced) social service involvement. They should just call it a military draft.
(12) Regulated type of radio programs you are allowed to listen to.
(13) Regulated types of websites you are allowed to visit.
(14) Regulated types of music you are allowed to listen to.
(15) Regulated car insurance.
(16) Regulated financial system.
(17) Regulated educational limits.
(18) Regulated gun rights that conflict with constitutional law.
Nationalization (socialism) is the restriction of a societies rights, so that a government can maintain control over the limitations of a group's
freedoms. Once you nationalize one portion of society, there is no limit behind how much farther the government will reach.
THIS IS REAL! OBAMA IS MAKING IT HAPPEN!
Obama's approval rating is down to 53% today. People are waking up. Honeymoon over!
[edit on 29-7-2009 by Pathos]