It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some good news for masons in NC

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by orangeman dave

Is Prince hall a recognised body comming under Grand Lodge or whatever the terminology is over their.

Why do they not just join Grand lodge instead of having their own brand?

David

Brother David:

I am a member of the same GL as Brother Mike, but I will try to answer your questions.

After recognition, a treaty/compact was signed. Each GL recognized the others' legal, Masonic authority over their own chartered Lodges and appendant bodies. We are not merging, simply recognizing each other as regular.

Prince Hall Masons are proud of their Masonic heritage, and of their work. They do not wish to be subsumed by our GL. Each examined the other, and found that the Ancient Landmarks were properly kept. We can visit. We may work together, as Masonic Brethren.

I would welcome further comment by any Brothers, particularly to correct any error that I may have communicated.

posted on Aug, 8 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking04

Thanks for the reply Bro

Could this work both ways with the coloured people being racist and wanting their own charter.

I recently seen the black entertainer awards celebrating the life of Michael Jackson on TV and i thought i wonder if their is such a thing as the White entertainers awards?

Just a thought.

Why do they not join the more splits in the craft the worse it is?

David

<< 1   >>

join