It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car bomb in Spain injures 40

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Car bomb in Spain injures 40

www.cnn.com

A car bomb exploded early Wednesday outside the Civil Guard barracks in the northern Spanish city of Burgos, injuring at least 40 people and causing substantial damage, an Interior Ministry official said.

Officials at Hospital General Yague confirmed that they had received many of the injured, mainly Civil Guard agents and their family members.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
This seems to be another terrorist attack and this attack might be done by Al Qaeda, but the police say that the Basque separatists could be behind this

The terror network has spread in the recent years globally and it is possible that this blast was done by separatists with the helpog terrorist organizations outside the country

The death toll may rise and it is sad to see people killed by the terrorists.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It might also have been done by the CIA , the MOSSAD , the Spanish Government , the US Government , black ops , the "insert name here" Government , aliens , the indian tribes of the world , my neighbour (who is a 88 year lady , yet she is certainly a terrorist undercover!) , etc.

It might have been a LOT of people , really.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

It's ETA.

ETA always target the police, media and governmental buildings using car bombs. The bombing occurred in the Basque region, it's ETA.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Yes it MIGHT also be ETA !

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny

This seems to be another terrorist attack and this attack might be done by Al Qaeda,

the forth and fifth paragraphs of the story on CNN read

The Interior Ministry official said the attack was likely orchestrated by the Basque separatist group ETA, though neither the Civil Guard nor the police received ETA's trademark warning of a phone call before the attack.

The official said the nature and location of the bombing pointed to the outlawed ETA, which is blamed for more than 800 deaths in its fight for Basque independence.

so you throw al qaeda into the story, for what, effect, controversy, pushing an agenda?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Roufas

It is ETA.

40 years of terrorism in the Basque region. Research the history and the activities of ETA. On some occasions, ETA cells do not claim attacks for days.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

so you throw al qaeda into the story, for what, effect, controversy, pushing an agenda?

Spain has a lot of North African/Arab population and that is why Al Qaeda cannot be ruled out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Even though the Interior Ministry have said it is most likely to be ETA, due to the common traits and target?

Spain does have a significant domestic terrorist history, you know. It did not start with Al Qaeda

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

This seems to be another terrorist attack and this attack might be done by Al Qaeda, but the police say that the Basque separatists could be behind this

The hall mark of an Al Qaeda attack in the west is coordinated attacks, not a single attack.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Sounds like the Basques are playing up again!Agree with the wise words above me

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by Roufas

It is ETA.

40 years of terrorism in the Basque region. Research the history and the activities of ETA. On some occasions, ETA cells do not claim attacks for days.

Yes , I do know it.
I live in Spain.
And I do not fully buy it.

Recently we are being required to register our full names with our cell phones chips , because "someone used a cellphone to assist them in a terrorist bombing that happened here". As IF the terrorist would register his name right? Or would not simply steal someone's cellphone.

It really is ridiculous when you think about it.

That has raised some flags for me in the recent times.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

reply to post by pieman

Spain has a lot of North African/Arab population and that is why Al Qaeda cannot be ruled out.

Please keep in mind that Al Qaeda is a branch of the US CIA.

Thank you. Now back to the show.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

It's ETA.

ETA always target the police, media and governmental buildings using car bombs. The bombing occurred in the Basque region, it's ETA.

I do hope that investigators need a lot more info to come to that conclusion. Yes, it does look like a ETA bombing, doesn't mean it is done by ETA. Very easy to abuse that kind of "typical" knowledge.

new topics

top topics

join