It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio Tape only, eh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Strange that this latest tape is an audio vs. video tape. Come to think of it...I don't remember seeing any video tape of Osama after Afghanistan was (relatively) stabilized... Makes you wonder if this is either one of two things: 1. A tape made by Al Queda to try and make it seem to the followers that OBL is still around.... or 2. Made by us to keep the threat fresh in our minds, and convince the world of a link between OBL and Iraq...???

Now, before the anti-war zealots accuse me of "crossing over", hehe.... Let me assure you that regardless of which of these 3 options is the case (the 3rd being a genuine Osama tape)...I'm still behind this war for other reasons.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
"Audio Tape Only, eh?"

Regarding the 'audio tape' only perspective; It seems to me that IF this tape was a fake done by the USA, the Al Queda leadership would use their contacts & considerable influence with the Al Zeera (SP?) Moslem Radio Station, to denounce it. This has not happened.
Instead, Al Zeera has given the tape wide exposure and furnished copies to anyone requesting them.

No, in my opinion Osama did make the tape, but under less then ideal (for him) conditions. Make no misteak we (USA/UK) are still pursuing him, and he is still running. Of course there can be several other scenarios, this is just my take on it.

God Bless Our Country, Our President & Our Armed Forces

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Why no video?

Well maybe he got wounded in such a way that he is disfigured. Of course in that way he's not anymore the perfect role model which he needs to be. Could be the reason for audio only. I however wonder if that is really the case, it could well be that the man is dead and that the tapes are faked by the Al Qaida organisation.

[Edited on 12-2-2003 by Devils Advocate]

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We do now know that this tape is no hoax. I download the audio off www.cnn.com, and this is actualy proof that Iraq does have ties to al-Qaida.We need to get Saddam out of powr very soon.

And why no video this time? Well maybe like devil said he is disfigured from some wound, or the camera broke. There are many many theroies on why it was just an audio tape.

God Bless America in this turbluent time that we live in.

posted on Feb, 12 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
my personal opinion is that it was put out by Al Queda, but that either 1. It isn't Osama, or 2. He is in no shape to be on video... I was simply pointing out possibilities raised by the fact that there is no video...

top topics

join