It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slimeball cop rear ends civilian, frames her for DUI to cover his behind and forgets to turn off mic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
They'll probably get off. Here's why:

From the same article in the OP--

Finkelstein said his office has at least 27 pending cases in which these four officers are listed as material state witnesses.

This is probably a HUGE reason why these cops keep getting away with breaking the law the rest of us have to abide by. Because they figure that punishing them will ruin their credibility in the cases they are supposed to testify for and they can't have that now can they?

They figure, slap on the wrist and nothing can be brought up in court by a defense attorney for someone they are supposed to be material witnesses against who wants to say, "But haven't you been caught lying in a report before, Officer?" But if they don't get charged with anything or receive any kind of formal punishment, the defense (most likely?) can't bring it up.

I bet this is the reason they keep getting away with being scumbags. How dare these cops try to seriously damage someone's record so they don't get busted for rear ending them.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Crooked cops! They're all over. This stuff happens all the time, I wouldnt be surprised if all the cops got was a few days of unpaid leave.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did anybody else notice how easily they seemed to come together on the story? it was like "Business as usual guys, we will just say that this happened and it will go away". I will be shocked if this is the first time these guys have done something like this because typically if it were the first time you would hear them whispering and doubting their story. Instead it was as if they had already fab’d up a bunch of stories and said “let’s go with the old cat in the road story that one always works”. Then the part when the lead sounding officer says something like “I will write it up and tell you exactly how to word it”, seems to me he has been there before.

[edit on 29/7/09 by elarmstrongo]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Though a totally different case, the Gates arrest comes to mind after reading these posts and thinking about cops (something I try not to do often) Clearly, the cop in that case simply didn't like the way Prof. Gates talked to him. Period. Nothing more. Hard to disturb the peace in your own house. You can insult anyone in America but a cop. It's not supposed to be a "crime" to call a cop a racist. Or an ugly jerk or whatever. It's rude, but not a crime. I guess we should consider the mindset of the type of people who choose to become cops in the first place. Control freaks. Authoritarian types. I hope we get to a point in human evolution where we get past the need to police ourselves. Because we will always have these sorts of people lining up to do the policing. Who else would want to?

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm getting sick of these crooked cops! I got pulled over today by the RCMP because I look like I'm 16 driving my mucle car. Then when he figured out he had nothing on me he let me go. This was a seat belt stop but everyone could plainly see that mine was on be he still waved me in based on the car and my young looking age. Even the secrutiy gaurds have attitude! Time to throw them all out or you can just suffer under it thinking oh fine! Untill it happens to you!!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The problem is not the police, it is society as a whole.

If you want to be objective and not simply bash the police:

1: Religious fundamentalists have lost the core value of "judge not least ye be judged" and have pushed for the creation of laws that Judge social behavior, demanding that the police have the right to enforce these laws.

2: Politicians at large have been bribed and corrupted to keep drugs illegal and to treat alcohol at pseudo prohibition levels for profits from within the legal system and for the drug dealers themselves who make far more money under these conditions. This extends to Lawyers who and Judges within that system as well who turn a blind eye

3: Greed from the public perspective offers the ability to deny those who need financial assistance aid because people don't wish to pay the extra taxes that help others, women become prostitutes to feed children while grain rots in our silos, education remains sorely underfunded, grants and loans to start businesses are limited, neighborhoods that are poor have no chance, there is no economic stimulus so the poor turn to criminal behavior justifying those who inflict #1 and #2 upon society

4: Mega corps lobby and destroy jobs, the college sect, those who do have an education lap up an easy paycheck and then are owned by large companies, like Walmart who suppresses job creation by eliminating small business, by oil companies who suppress technology that would cut the price of gas for the consumer, financial institutions that choose to ding people of 5.00 and 20.00 for simple transactions keeping them poor... this extends as far as the local supermarket where cheep foods of zero nutrition are offered further compounding malnutrition disease and the ability of children to grow up hormonally balanced and intelligent.

The College sect, the managerial sect of America simply ignores these behaviors in exchange for a paycheck.

5: The public at large, lacks morality... they are couch potatoes... no one is out demanding night time public transportation, driving drunk is acceptable, they PAY the high price for narcotics, willingly follow along with Eugenics programs like social encouragement of divorce, consume at a rate that seems like a Shark Frenzy, alcohol and dope and prescription meds, 99% of our society is medicated, fast food, television, a constant dopamine cascade suffering from depression when they can longer maintain the flow or the brain is simply overwhelmed... Our children are raised without Fathers our daughters are loose without supervision by the time they are 12.

Sex inundates society and while people complain about cartoon violence our children are being taught self pleasure in the 3rd grade and the meaning or homosexual behavior but MUSIC is not part of 80% of our schools curriculum, PHILOSOPHY will likely not be taught unless you go to University, 80% of our population will never go to University

So who is Wrong in this case,

The corrupt cop, who works daily with criminals and was forced to engage these people by mandated social policing enforced by the elderly and the religious men who see horrible crimes daily, kids molested, people murdered yet receive no advanced education, little if any psychological care?

Or

The woman, who chose to drive Drunk, (statistically probably on some meds of some sort as well)

Or

The System and some conspiracy

OR

Perhaps the truth is far simpler, our society as a whole has become corrupt, we can not blame anyone but rather be aware, in our own lives that those around us are infected, with immoral beliefs, self indulgent philosophies of life, have allowed themselves to become ignorant and it is NOT the race or the cops or religion or any individual group we can blame, but rather, an overall decline of civilization in general.

Perhaps what we need to do is act as if we really are in the Matrix and treat everyone as if they are the potential hazard of these cops... untrustworthy, prone to carry out misdeeds upon us and focus not on them but rather on ourselves seeking out the 1% remaining who for whatever reason chose not fall victim what those around them do and believe... and recognize that 1% exists in every group, within the police, within the system, within your home perhaps and concentrate not on hate of groups but rather fostering others who have not fallen victim to the real which is an absolute decay of humanity and society endemic within the world.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by samhouston1886
reply to post by Karlhungis

Welcome to the Police state America, just to think while you were laughing at the "conspiracy nuts" the Police were busy hiring every lowlife thug they could get their hands on, now that the chickens have come home to roost everyone is upset.

If you think its bad now just give it 5 or 6 more months, what’s coming will make the Gestapo look like the peace corps.

Food will be used as a weapon and the new breed of Cops will shoot you in the head if they think that’s what will keep their families living plush, keep laughing America, you don’t have much more time to do so.

You are right and once again I must refer to the movie Soylent Green. It is really starting to look like the new age primer.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

So who is Wrong in this case,

The corrupt cop...

Or

...The woman, who chose to drive Drunk,

I would say both.

I always have said the best way to avoid idiot, corrupt cops is to not do anything illegal ar anything that will draw their attention to you.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
So what's new?

The joy of being a cop is actually taking advantage of situations like these. *yawn* It happens. Sucks but it does.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And to think..congress wants to give what wa it, $1 billion from stimulus to hire more cops? This is a public outrage!

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

There is much truth in your post. I would say the number is more than 1% though; you just have to take the lead to get them to crawl out.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
This goes on alot. Being a police officer is not just a job to these guys. It's a brotherhood, a club of sorts. They protect their own. I'm not even a police officer, but I have friends that are, and have seen first hand the things that they do. Driving while drinking, using their status to get into and out of situations. I could list on and on the different things that I've seen. The problem is the mentality of those that are chosen to be a part of the force. The majority that I've seen suffer from the Small Man Complex, and the position of power supports them, holds them up, and gives them that power they feel they were neglected before. Others come from military backgrounds and may have mental issues from things they did and saw while active duty, and these things carry over into their new job. The ability to exercise power over another human being opens a huge door of possibilities for these people. It's like a drug to them, makes them feel good and important. And it is human nature to exploit that to gain for one's self. It's a sad truth.

I agree with all of this except for the human nature part. I think there are good cops out there who prevail in spite of this. I know this because I've received good treatment and mercy from them at crucial times before.

On the other hand I agree with you totally with what liberties these guys regularly enjoy being the cause for so much misery to be meeted out by them. Perhaps the entire training ideology is in desparate need of reform.

Not beging a cop I can not cite the negative training aspects that these cops are being led to embrace but with all of the mounting cases like this one there is obviosly a total ideological break down with them now.

I know that many of them are members of the Fraternal Order of the Police which is a quasi Masonic organization that breeds segregate mentality. This order goes right to the Masons for some of their examinations. I don't think you get much chummier than that.

But who will reform them? How do you reform them at this point? Or does it just get worse and worse for us regular folk?

Perhaps we should all arm ourselves with portable video cameras just to protect us from those who were supposed to protect us to begin with?

Damn.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

But, she was drunk and the cop would not have to lie anyway; as law states in this state of Florida, as well as NJ, PA, And Delaware that I know of, that you are at fault if you are drunk. Period... That's life, she should have not been on the road at all because she was drunk she will get exactly what she deserves...Period! The officer did a breathilizer that proved she was drunk...he states that in the video, you can't fake a breathilizer, no way because every time a person registers above, it is recorded time and date stamped and a printout comes out at the station.

I agree she was drunk and for that she is wrong for driving while under the influence.

However the cop or cops that can be heard are also wrong for trying to cover up what is clearly an accident.

Lets look at this now from a different perspective, Take the cop out of the equation and place yourself in the cops seat, you are the one who hit the woman. you may have been the cause of the accident, and you will get your fine or whatever that state law does for such things, and the woman you hit will also get her share of trouble for a DUI. There would be no news story, but rather a family suing the ever living crap out of the woman who was drunk.

I would have rather hit the woman and cause some car damage, than the woman hitting someone and killing them.

Moral of the story, do not drink and drive period. You may be the best drunk driver in your mind, but people fail to realize you need to worry about others hitting you, you are bound to get caught for doing something you know is wrong. Karma has its way of catching up with you.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by I think Im normal]

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Nice post Mopus. Star.

Here is the youtube video of it for those who can't get the original to work.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PainRain
Well aren't you special? just like Obama, calling the cops names before having all the information....

When did Obama call any police names? Is this what our educational system has turned us into? English is too confusing for people now? I know it is off topic so feel free to U2U me or even start a thread about it. I will be happy to prove you wrong.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Everyone has made valid points here which is why I believe the sytem once again is to blame.Up here in canada bc there is two extremes of punishment for police officers.It is limited to short suspensions and desk duty with pay or dismisal or close to it. So the cop says sorry I know, I am only human ,and its ok transfer and dont do it again.They need real good support from proffessionals to make sure their psyche is in good moral standing at all times.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by Karlhungis

But, she was drunk and the cop would not have to lie anyway; as law states in this state of Florida, as well as NJ, PA, And Delaware that I know of, that you are at fault if you are drunk. Period... That's life, she should have not been on the road at all because she was drunk she will get exactly what she deserves...Period! The officer did a breathilizer that proved she was drunk...he states that in the video, you can't fake a breathilizer, no way because every time a person registers above, it is recorded time and date stamped and a printout comes out at the station.

[edit on 29-7-2009 by ldyserenity]

If a person makes a false statement to police, or gives false or misleading details, they are charged with an offense.

So you think it's ok for the actual police to submit official statements that are doctored? Disneyed up, as he said himself? Because it's ok to bend the rules for a fellow officer and hey, she's drunk anyway so who cares?

That's the problem. If they are willing to bend the rules when the obvious outcome is her being charged with DUI BUT the officer may face a fine for rear ending her, then what if something substantial was at stake?

These pigs need to be terminated from any employment where they are given any power over others. They are not trustworthy, not morally upstanding and certainly not capable of honesty.

I'm suprised they didn't offer to let her go in exchange for sexual favors. They were certainly willing to rape her life over nothing.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Hard to watch. Great post though.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Roadblockx

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

You just lumped everyone here together and said that they think all police officers are crooked.

I don't believe all police are bad people because I know several police officers and they are in fact very good human beings that actually join the force to help people - not corporations, as another person stated earlier.

I intentionally worded my post as I did so as not to imply that all cops behave in this despicable manner.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roadblockx
I guess I will put my neck out there and make myself a target for those that disagree.

Disagreement is what makes a discussion otherwise it's just a group of people agreeing with each other and everyone leaves no different.

The more posts I read and see comments about how all cops are bad, they will be worse then the gestapo, they will kill for food, etc, etc..... I can't believe how we paint these men and women with one brush. Sure there are the bad ones but the MSM covers those stories that get people talking. Stories like this one and others DON'T reflect EVERY police officer.

But they do not appear to stand up against their corrupt brothers and sisters. They infact turn a blind eye to it. And as with apples, the bad ones rot away and make the good ones foul in the process.

The members of ATS are some of the brightest, open minded people and to see these types of ignorant posts is sickening.

I don't doubt for a second there are bad ones out there but I am thankful for those men and women who risk their lives everyday to arrest those that would rather steal, kill, kidnap, etc, then earn a living and obey the law. We don't talk about those that have died saving lives or keep real drunk drivers from killing anyone.

Just sad to see this group put all police officers in one group and poke at them with a stick......

The police put themselves in this basket. We're just pointing it out. And you would also notice that other members have stories of their own that reflect the same situations (I know I do) and they are certainly not just loading up the ignorance cannon with MSM fodder and blindly lobbing attitude at the forums.

When we keep hearing about cases like this, and yet the officers are put on paid administrative duty, or paid leave, or otherwise considered to have done no wrong, it starts to become a very emotional argument, and people with history with the police will inevitably leave emotive posts.

Do the police have a hard and dangerous job? Sure. Did someone put a gun to their head and say DO IT OR DIE? No. You just have to determine the motivating factor in becoming one for them. To protect and serve? If so, then stand up against the corruption that is rotting to the very core of the establishment. Otherwise, end up being painted with same colour as those who's actions are no better than those they arrest on a daily basis.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join